Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shwetha M JoshiYour feedback matters!
My period is 2 days late and white watery is coming out sometimes more sometimes less, is it sign of pregnancy?
Hello sir, I am 20 years male. My skin tone is medium. I want to become white. So please say me any way to become white without any side effects.
I am 28 years with diabetes and having insulin 4 times a day. Please sugest me a diat paln to reduse the insulin intake.
I have been suffering from stomach pain 5 days. Now bloods are coming in stool. Every time feel like I am gonna do latrine but its not happening. What should I do?
Sugar is an all pervasive substance that is found in most food items although specific ones such as candies, colas and sweet delicacies tend to have more of it. While it may taste great on the tongue, it may not be so good for your body as well as your teeth. Teeth are especially affected by sugar as an ingredient in all items of food. Some of the ways it affects your dental health are discussed below –
Sugar from colas, sodas and other carbonated beverages: Sugar that gets into your body in the form of carbonated beverages are the worst in terms of the nooks and crannies that it gets into. As it is in liquid form, it can swirl around the toughest corner and deposit sugar there. This will encourage the growth of harmful bacteria, causing a host of problems.
Dissolving tooth enamel: Tooth enamel is the topmost layer of teeth. This is the layer which is visible to the naked eye and is white in color. Foods such as chewy candies can leave a hard lump of sugar lodged in your teeth which the saliva in your mouth will not be able to dissolve away. This will keep producing acids and result in the dissolving of the enamel. Enamel protects the nerves of the teeth and thus will result in extreme pain and even tooth decay.
Encourages the growth of plaque: Plaque is an obstructive and sticky substance that forms on many parts of your body, including the teeth. Plaque is an ideal breeding ground for bacteria and these bacteria feed and grow on the sugar from the foods that you eat. These bacteria can cause cavities, gum infections, bad breath, destroy the enamel among causing other dental problems as well.
Some of the other related problems that can be caused by sugar on your dental health are:-
Reduction in the size of your back teeth due to erosion from acids formed from sugar.
Gum infections of various kinds which may end up requiring surgery.
Changes in the bite of a person i.e. the way upper and lower teeth come together.
Sugar may also affect the growth of bacteria in the mouth, which in turn may also cause digestion problems.
Causes bad breath due to buildup of bacteria.
My wife's period got missed this month. Today morning she came across know that she is pregnant. We both don't want a baby in a current situation as we are not ready to take chances because of financial situations we are going through. How can we avoid this pregnancy? Please help me.
Some sticky liquid is coming after when I urinate and that my scrotum pain alot what to do tell me plz.
Doc. I'm doing gym and my hands are getting hard so what should I have to do. and how I'll make them soft?
My age is 23. Height 6 ft. Weight 76 kg. My question is that what is the minimum length of testis to called be normal?
I have alot of gastric problem. No constipation. At early morning stool passes easily. Meals taking regularly average meals. At the time gastric problem stomach is looks bigger as compared to morning shape of stomach. Feeling pain in legs & weakness.
I am 19 years female I got a patch of rashes on my scalp and it is too much itchy. How to overcome it. I had a skin infection in my childhood days called as atopic dentist whether its the same on my scalp.
I am a 39 year old woman with a 4 years old son. I am a single mother, working as a Director with one of the automotive groups. Normally I am a very happy and easy going but lately I have started loosing my patience on small little things and anger is always sitting on my head. Whenever things around me are not very positive and any of my work keeps pending for long, I completely lose it and feel heavily depressed. Kindly suggest some remedy for keeping my cool and accept negativity with a cheerful zeal.
Homeopathy is a widely accepted alternative system of medicine which was discovered in the late 18th century. Homeopathy believes in the philosophy that the mind, emotions and the body are integrated together. On the basis of this philosophy, a homeopath provides remedies which can suit best to the physical and psychological conditions of a patient. Homeopathic remedies are certainly not very high dose. Its main purpose is to recognize and discard the cause behind the condition.
People hold many misconceptions about homeopathy. Following are some of the myths of homeopathy:
- Homeopathic remedies work slowly: Many people believe that homeopathic remedies cure your medical condition very slowly. Fact is that it works very fast on diseases like cold, fever, etc. When the symptoms are chronic, then only working process is slow. This is because in chronic condition, the body takes little time to cure from inside. It is advisable to start the homeopathic remedies as soon as any symptom is seen.
- Remedies are prescribed by doctors with no formal training: Many people believe that homeopathic remedies are prescribed simply on the basis of the visible symptoms and no diagnosis is done. Fact is that these remedies are prescribed by qualified medical professionals graduated from homeopathy medical colleges. They diagnose your medical condition before prescribing you any remedy.
- Homeopathic remedies are not scientific: Many people consider homeopathic remedies to be unscientific. However, the basis behind homeopathy is pharmacological and clinical data. Vast studies and researches have been conducted on homeopathic remedies and treatment.
- Strict dietary restriction is to be followed at the time of homeopathic treatment: Many people believe that they have to control on their eating habits while undergoing homeopathic treatment. Fact is that for some patients, ingredients like garlic, onion, alcohol, coffee, tobacco etc. are to be avoided during the tenure of treatment. This is simply because these ingredients interfere with the homeopathic treatment.
- Homeopathy can cure any disorder: Some people have a strong belief that homeopathic remedies can cure any disorder or any medical condition. Fact is that this remedy is completely ineffective in case of dental issues or any condition where surgery is the only remedy.
Related Tip: "Detoxifying With Homeopathy?"
I would like to know that how could I increase my body weight in a very short span of time as at present my bodh weight is 68 kg and I want to increase it by 15 kgs more. Can you please tell me how could I increase it as soon as possible.
My age is 21. Before 6 months ago my weight was 65 kgs. But now it is 54kgs. How can I gain my weight?
For reducing the breast size. What can I do. When some one loose weight the. Breast size is. Reduced or not?
Treating your own headaches
You don't necessarily need a doctor's prescription to treat your headaches. Here are some ways you can find relief, without
Apply an ice pack to the painful area of your head. Try placing it on your forehead, temples, or the back of your neck.
Take a warm bath or shower; take a nap; or take a walk.
Ask someone to rub your neck and back, or treat yourself to a massage.
Apply gentle, steady rotating pressure to the painful area of your head with your index finger and/or thumb. Maintain pressure for seven to 15 seconds, then release. Repeat as needed.
Rest, sit, or lie quietly in a low-lit room. Close your eyes and try to release the tension in your back, neck, and shoulders.
If you have excessive muscle contractions in the neck, it may be helpful to perform
Physical therapy exercises every day.