Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Hello Dr. I'm 20 years old my facial skin is dull and looks aged dark circle and pigmentation too. Is there any homeopathic medicine which can cure all these skin problems in short period of time.
Depression in adults is a lot different from depression in younger people. Adults have the overburdening thrust to believe they should be able to deal with any situation, however, adverse of their own accord. This pushes them to such a point that they bottle up worries and anxieties making themselves vulnerable to depression. Reaching out for help is almost a wager; lost before a fair trial. An elderly person could remain depressed due to varied reasons, but the cause is seldom remorse. Assuming the cause as sadness, it could depress your loved ones even more.
Take a look at the following factors that can depress older adults:
1. Serious ailments like stroke, cancer, diabetes, thyroid and so on so forth.
2. The loss of a dear friend or a family member.
3. Excessive work pressure.
4. Stagnation in personal life, passions and goals.
5. Lack of motivation to do the slightest of things.
To prevent depression in adults the following ways should be kept in mind:
1. Interaction is the key principle: Adults might need to talk. Being a grown -up doesn't mean you don't need suggestions and advice of your friends and relatives. Try to interact with a person who you think is depressed.
2. Try to identify medical conditions and look for reliable treatment: Medical illnesses like cancer or diabetes can take a toll on your mental strength. It can discourage you from living life with full vigor and energy. Thus medical conditions should be treated with due care and a person suffering should be encouraged to take professional psychological consultation.
3. Providing a person with space is mandatory: Adults hate being domineered or patronized. When they need space they should be allowed to be alone. It could help them deal with depression better. Staying alone doesn't always involve loneliness. People might need to clarify things to their own selves or might even need time to introspect.
4. Make a depressed person take care of a pet: The presence of a pet in the household can relieve its members of accumulating stress. An adult when made to take care of a pet has added responsibilities and will naturally have less scope to wallow in their own sorrow. A pet gives a person the love and affection he or she had been lacking all along.
5. Humor is a wonderful pill: Create opportunities to make a person laugh. Share jokes or make them watch funny shows.
6. Ensure the person gets enough sleep: A full night's sleep is extremely important. Insufficient relaxation can push you towards depression.
I am suffering from saviour stomach ache and I have consulted many doctors but did not find any one good still I have having same problem am sick of my stomach pain it stars pain anytime and it pains too much.
I am little bit dark in color .to improve my colour on my face what should be done. Can anyone suggest me please.
I did UPT on 5th day of my missed period and it came positive and again when I took it on 7th day the result is positive but the color of the pink line is some what lighter than the earlier one. Is my preg safe. Does my hcg level dropped down.
My age is 21 years and my height is 152 cm only how to improve my height and tell me good medicine for height.
If you are suffering from arthritis, it is important for you to know about how it affects your knee and other joints. Arthritis is a chronic, systematic inflammatory disease which damages your joints and connective tissues. Your knee is commonly affected by arthritis and there are three primary types of arthritis that occur in the knees. They include osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and post-traumatic arthritis.
Types of arthritis
The different types of arthritis affecting the knees occur due to different reasons. Osteoarthritis is a progressive condition, which wears away the joint cartilage over time. Rheumatoid arthritis is an inflammatory condition, which may occur at any age. Post-traumatic arthritis occurs after an injury is inflicted to the knee and may occur several years after a ligament injury or knee fracture.
- Arthritis pain may occur all of a sudden, but commonly develops slowly. In the early stages, the pain is observed in the morning after you have been inactive over the night. Pain is likely when you want to move around. Pain may be experienced even when immobile.
- Periodic inflammation is a common symptom of arthritis of the knee. This happens because of the formation of bone spurs or excess fluids in your knee. The swelling gets pronounced after being inactive for a long period. The skin on your knee may look red and feel warm while you touch it. This may lead to chronic inflammation, which is very difficult to manage.
There are several ways of treating knee arthritis. The mode of treatment depends on the severity and cause of knee arthritis. NSAIDS or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are commonly prescribed for dealing with arthritis pain temporarily. Other medicines used for knee arthritis treatment are as follows:
- Analgesics, which help in pain reduction act as good alternatives to NSAIDS.
- Corticosteroids are used for reducing inflammation.
- Certain DMARDs or disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs are used.
Certain injections that are used for helping with knee arthritis. They include:
- Hyaluronic acid supplements, which ease the pain and inflammation by lubricating your knee joints.
- Corticosteroid injections also soothe inflammation and pain.
You may also require a surgery for dealing with knee arthritis when other modes of treatment fail. The most common surgeries are as follows:
- Total joint replacement, where your knee is replaced with a prosthetic made of metal, plastic or ceramic.
- Osteotomy, where the knee bones are modified for controlling pressure and damage in the knees.
- Arthroscopy, where an incision is made in the knee for removing damaged parts.
It is recommended for you to consult a doctor, if you experience any symptom of knee arthritis. Early treatment will prevent the condition from worsening.