Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shwetha
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. ShwethaYour feedback matters!
I have a problem with my left side canine teeth which is coming outwards and as I am into acting profession, it doesn't look good in camera. I want to correct it or remove that teeth. But I want to know as I am only 23 now, which option would be correct for me to go for orthodontic or for smile makeover veneer, crowns? More details about the presenting complaint: I want to know which option will be better to go for cosmetic or orthodontic. I am into acting profession but it's a question of lifetime also. Till now every doctors said to have orthodontic, to go naturally.
I am 25 years old I under went ortho treatment 1 yr back for spacing on both upper and lower front teth. I removed my braces and now relapse again so I have space between my upper incisors. Nw im wearing a clear retainer so how long I use it? How to clean my clear retainer? Should I wear in night tym? After removing frm my mouth where should I place it in water or any solution or should I keep it like that
Toothpicks can be an alternative to use for flossing if dental floss is not available. Remember not to be too harsh while using it.
Sir mere teeth ka kuch btao mere teeth pr gutka ke spot hai abhi tak nhi ja rhe hai toh esko again white kese karu jabki ab gutkha tak nhi khata hu best medicine btao jo danto ka peelapan khatm ho jaye.
When ever I brush my teeth I always wanted to boomit and after I take my food also. What should I do to cured that.
Hi I'm a male please suggest me the best oral care tips for my teeth and gums and bad breath please suggest me the best toothpaste best toothbrush and best mouthwash which is cheap and also works well and make my teeth white and gums strong please help me out with it.
When I eat something cold my teeth is freeze for seconds so can you please tell me what should I do!
My baby is 3 years old and her upper teeth has damaged and broken. Dentist suggests to do root canal. Is it right for my baby? please suggests.
Dental implants are surgical fixtures that are inserted into the jawbone to allow fusing over a span of few months. The implant works as a root replacement for a missing tooth. Eventually, this artificially placed tooth root helps in holding the bridge (partial denture) or the replacement tooth firmly. Dental implants are even designed to match your natural teeth, rendering a strong foundation to both the removable and the fixed replacement teeth.
Are you a candidate for Dental Implants?
Dental implants are used to replace a single tooth, several teeth, or all of the teeth. The goal of teeth replacement is to restore function as well as esthetics.
When it comes to tooth replacement, dental implants is of the three options available. Deciding on which option to choose depends on many factors. Specifically for dental implants, these factors include:
location of missing tooth or teeth,
quantity and quality of the jawbone where the dental implant is to be placed,
health of the patient,
A dental surgeon examines the area to be considered for the dental implant and makes a clinical assessment of whether the patient is a good candidate for a dental implant.
Here are a few advantages of getting a dental implant done:
Improved Appearance: Dental implants provide an almost natural look to the teeth. Since they are designed in a way to amalgamate with your bone, they subsequently become permanent.
Enhanced Speech: Dental implants let you speak effortlessly and without the scare of your teeth slipping inside the mouth and meddling with your speech; which is otherwise a common phenomenon with ill-fitted dentures.
More Comfort: Since the implants become a part of you, they do away with the hassles accompanying removable dentures.
Easier Eating: Sliding dentures might pose difficulty while chewing. Dental implants help you with an almost painless eating experience owing to the fact that they function just the way your original teeth would.
Improved Oral Health: There is no need of reduction or alteration of the surrounding teeth in order to support the implants. Hence most of the teeth are left just as they are, improving one’s oral hygiene.
Durability: Implants are tough and resistant, and can last a lifetime if taken proper care of.
Convenience: Dental implants spare one the inconvenience that is so common with removable dentures and at the time of fixing them to their place with messy adhesives.
Healthy gums and strong jaw bones are the only two requisites for a dental implant. Maintaining good oral hygiene and visiting or consult a dentist regularly should be at the top of the priority list after getting the implants done. However, one needs to put in the same amount and quality of care (read brushing and flossing) to the dental implants as one would’ve had to his/her original teeth. A thorough rinse with the help of an antibacterial mouth wash is a must along with periodic dental check-ups.
Homeopathy is often associated only with chronic illnesses. Another myth associated with this form of treatment is that it takes ages for the effect of the medication to be visible. However, in the case of a toothache, Homeopathy can be very relevant and can quickly ease the pain. Homeopathic treatment for toothaches addresses the underlying cause of the problem. Some of the common triggers for a toothache are tooth decay, an abscess or gum problems.
Take a look at these common Homeopathic remedies for a toothache:
- Plantago: Plantago is an efficient remedy for toothaches that is accompanied by tooth sensitivity, increased salivation and swollen cheeks. Plantage can be taken in the form of pills or applied externally on the tooth that is paining.
- Silicea: Silicea is the ideal Homeopathic remedy to treat tooth abscesses and their accompanying toothaches. It addresses the collection of pus around the root of the tooth and hence controls the pain. Silicea is also useful against toothaches that are aggravated by cold water.
- Chamomilla: If the toothache is unbearable and affects not one, but an entire row of teeth, chamomilla is what you need. It is also beneficial for toothaches that are aggravated by the intake of warm drinks.
- Hekla Lava: A toothache that is associated with a swollen jaw can be treated with Hecla Lava. This Homeopathic remedy will relieve both the pain in the tooth and the swelling of the jaw.
- Calcarea fluorica: Homeopathic medicine can be used to treat not only a toothache, but also the decaying of a tooth. Calcarea fluorica is known to slow the decay of tooth enamel. It also prevents the flaking of enamel and is has a beneficial impact on people who have enamel deficiency.
- Staphysagria: Unhealthy gums and retracted gums are common causes for tooth decay. Staphisagria is a Homeopathic remedy that can treat the drawing of tooth roots in such cases and the pain associated with them. It also addresses the formation of excessive plaque.
- Arnica: Arnica addresses the toothache and bleeding that follows a tooth extraction and the filling of dental cavities. It is also very useful against the pain and swelling of the gums that accompanies wearing false teeth.
Homeopathic remedies for toothaches offer fast pain relief. Since, Homeopathic medication has negligible side effects, it can be safely administered to both children and adults. However, a tooth ache should never be ignored so do not replace a visit to the dentist with self medicated Homeopathy.