Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
I am suffering from spondylitis. It pains in neck and spinal cord. Whenever I sit for 1-2 hours continuously, it pains. please give any solution or refer me any exercise.
I am 30 years old guy. I feeling pain in left knee since last 9 months. Although I have consult doctor but I don't get rid from it.
My age is 25 (male) I am getting back pain since 7 years One month back I took MRI scan to LS SPAIN L4, L5 DISCS are degenerated Is there any permanent treatment?
There is high stifness & pain in muscles of my left arm. I canot raise this arm freely. There is pain in shoulder & near neck.
I am having a lateral foot pain on both legs Is it because of driving My height is 165 cm My weight is 70 KGS Please advice me on exercises I have to do to reduce.
My Fathers Back Bone Pains Highly He Is In A Bad Condition So Please Could Any doctor Tell Me What Medicine Should I Give Him.
I feel so much pain in my leg bones (fibula other part is ok) and the surrounding muscles after jogging. What is the likely cause?
Sir/mam. I have been suffering from knee pain which is occurring in my back bone. Mostly it occurred whn I was taking weight items before I had homeopathic medicine bt I didn't get relif .ll you suggest some medicine?
I am female, 55 years old. I have severe pain in my left toe for the last six months and of late I started having pain in the knee of the same leg and I find it difficult to walk. Am I suffering from gout? kindly advice me any medicine and other precautions to take as prevention. Thank you.
My knee has been hurting for a week. When I fold my legs and sit for some time, my right knee hurts on straightening the leg. I want to start going to gym and I'm worried that the knee will get worse.
The most common cause of neck pain can be cervical disc disease. It is generally caused by the abnormality of the disc that is the cushion present between the vertebrae. The disc can get damaged because of arthritis or any unknown cause. When damaged, it usually leads to inflammation or spasm of the muscles leading to neck pain.
There are a number of pain medications, traction exercises, and physical therapy for minimizing the neck pain. However, these home based remedies help in relieving pain along with a speedy recovery:
- Take it easy: If you have a busy and hectic life, then take it easy. Living with cervical disc diseases can lead to an increase in the neck pain; thus cutting down on activities helps. A comfortable position should be observed while resting. If need be then a pillow can be placed under the neck.
- Apply Cold/Heat Pack: There is always a confusion regarding whether a cold or a hot pack is to be used. The recommendation is to use ice or cold pack for the first 24 to 48 hours of the injury, so that the swelling subsides. This should then be followed by hot fermentation in order to improve the muscle stiffness and also loosen them. But in case of a cervical disc disease neither cold nor heat penetrates the tissue to relieve inflammation, so it is best to use the one which feels better. Whichever, pack is chosen it should only be used for 20 minutes and then left for 40 minutes. Take care and do not use ice or heat directly against the skin.
- Stretch: Stretching exercises should be done in order to improve the flexibility and relieve pain in the neck. Exercises can be performed after warming up of the muscles by a warm towel or bath. Here are a few simple stretches for cervical disc disease that you can do at home:
- Move the neck: As per the study by the American Medical Association, women who had neck pain got relief when they did exercises using light weight and resistance bands. This increased their endurance and strength of the neck muscles. Also, 30 minutes of exercise in the form of biking, walking, swimming, and biking is recommended to improve the blood flow.
- Maintain the posture of the neck: A bad posture can cause a neck pain. Every time while standing, sitting, walking, lifting the posture should be kept in mind. The head and neck should be kept straight and the back should be supported in order to avoid neck pains.