Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Shruthi S. ShenavaYour feedback matters!
He got slapped hard on eyes 3-4 slaps after that he feels pain when intensity of light changes (dark and bright) after some times he feels normal and now after 1 day his eyes have become red. Any guidelines or first aids?
My eyes r getting inflame, y I don't know what's the precaution to make it cool please help me, am a software engineer.
Sometimes when I rub my eyes. I start to loose vision on the eye that I rub. And it really scares me because I literally can't see for a few minutes, but it slowly fades away and my vision comes back. Do I have a problem with my eye or vision?
Hi Eyes r painful n forehead is heavy after being affected 4m throat infection n fever. Kindly suggest med 4 d same. Ty Dr.
Very frequently I will see small white/grey string like things floating in front of me. It doesn't hurt but wherever I roll my eyes to, it follows my eye direction. May I know what it is and how to treat it? Im only 16 this year.
My father is suffering from cataract, I would like to know the details of its treatment and procedure. Also I would like to know the different type of lenses used in cataract surgery and their long term effect and side effect if any. And can it be treated by oral medication?
I have a red eyes for 3days. What should I do for its cureness. I m facing a big problem. Please help me. I will be yhankfil to you.
Hello i get more up set more offen and get scared, eyes starts burning. Kindly suggest me or guide what to do regards.
I have red eyes for ever 3 days and my eyes are fair in the day light, what can I do for this type of symptoms?
Dry eyes are a common phenomenon that develops when the tears do not provide sufficient moisture to your eyes. This may also be the result of inadequate production of tears by the tear ducts. This condition cannot be cured permanently; however, treatments usually help.
Signs and symptoms of dry eyes:
1. A scratchy, stinging and a burning sensation in the eyes
2. Mucous surrounding the eyes
3. Sensitivity to light
4. Redness of the eyes
5. A feeling that something is stuck in the eyes
6. Problems in wearing contact lenses
7. Vision problems, especially while driving at night
8. Watery eyes caused due to the irritation that stems from dry eyes
9. Blurred vision
What are the causes?
1. Tears are a mix of fatty oils, water and mucus. This combination safeguards your eyes from any sort of infection in addition to keeping your ocular surface (the cornea surface) clear and smooth. Your eyes dry up if the tear ducts do not produce enough tears; medically, this condition is termed ‘keratoconjunctivitis sicca’. It can occur due to:
- Certain medical complications such as Sjogren’s Syndrome (a medical condition marked by dry eyes and a dry mouth) arthritis, diabetes, thyroid disorders and deficiency of Vitamin A among a few others
- Side effects of certain medications such as anti-depressants, acne medications, birth control medications and medicines to control high blood pressure
- Laser eye surgery or damage caused to the tear gland due to exposure to radiation or inflammation
2. Increased drying up or evaporation of the tears caused due to exposure to various kinds of smoke, dry air or wind, less of blinking while focusing on any particular activity or an object and eye lid problems such as in-turning of the eyelids (entropion) and out-turning of the eyelids (ectropion) can contribute to this irritating condition.
3. Imbalance in any of the layers constituting a tear film (made of oil, mucus and water) might lead to this condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.