Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shrikanth ShendreYour feedback matters!
How to protect my teeth from germs, how can I improve my teeth color according to white like a cute baby. How can I care about my hair also?
A wisdom tooth came up on the left side of my lower jaw about two weeks back. It was paining badly and I could hardly open my mouth. I was advised a painkiller tablet and liquid glycerine. After taking that, the pain subsided in about three days and I was able to open my mouth properly. But, all of a sudden, a few days after this, my saliva started tasting bad. I have kind of a metallic taste in my mouth constantly and when that taste is there, my saliva smells bad too. I kind of feel that this taste originates from the left side near the wisdom tooth. But I am not sure whether it's the upper or lower jaw. How do I overcome this condition? Please advise.
I am 28 years old female and suffering from soft palate swelling pain from last 1 year. Please advise.
I have severe sensitivity in upper and lower jaw during eating drinking chewing etc. Could you please recommended me any herbal or another product to overcome the effect of sensitivity please.
If I go for root canal treatment for front 6 teeth, is there a chance of falling the teeth any time because it looks awkard, whether they will look like artificial teeth. Please suggest me which type of teeth I should go for, which one is long lasting teeth, ceramic teeth is good or else no.
Hello sir. Teeth problem when I brush then my gums leave bloood I mean gum bleeding it happens any time any where. I consulted to the dentist but he told me that you have no pairia you have no problem but am feed up with gum bleeding.
I have my front tooth displaced due to repeated falling and is shaking, please recommend sound advise and some medicines.
If you want a healthy set of teeth, you must follow healthy lifestyle habits. There are certain habits that you need to follow strictly in order to keep your teeth healthy. Not maintaining proper oral hygiene puts you are at an increased risk of various oral diseases.
The lifestyle habits to maintain healthy teeth are:
- Brush regularly: Brush your teeth at least twice a day or if possible, after every major meal. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles so that you don't injure your gums.
- Flossing: Develop the habit of flossing your teeth on a daily basis, as flossing helps in removing food particles and other foreign substances stuck within the teeth cavity. It also does not allow plaque to accumulate in between your teeth.
- Avoid sugar: Eating foods that contain high amounts of sugar can lead to tooth decay. The bad bacteria that are present in the teeth use the sugar to form acids that erode the enamel of the teeth. Cavities may also develop in your teeth due to increased sugar intake. (Learn more Why You Should Stay Away From Sugar?)
- Visit the dentist: Most people delay their visits with the dentist as much as possible. Oral problems are not shown the level of urgency as compared to other diseases. Visit the dentist on a regular basis as untreated underlying conditions may lead to serious complications.
- Clean your tongue: Once you finish brushing your teeth, don't forget to clean your tongue. This is another aspect of oral health that most people miss out on. Bacteria can accumulate on the tongue leading to bad odor. Scrape your tongue using a cleaner to prevent accumulation of bacteria.
- Avoid smoking: If you are a smoker, then it is time that you quit. Smoking increases the risk of oral cancer and stains the teeth as well. You may also be prone to gum disease if you cannot ditch that cigarette now.
- Diet: Avoid eating junk foods as they are not good for your overall health. Eat plenty of vegetables and fruits as they contain vitamins and minerals that keep your teeth healthy.
- Reduce stress: Excessive stress levels can contribute to various periodontal diseases. Practice relaxation techniques such as meditation to keep your stress levels under control.