Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ShridharYour feedback matters!
My friend met an accident on her Scooty and she met an accident. She got stitches near eyebrows and upper lips. Just wanted to know whether this will any scars/marks? Can we remove those marks permanently? As face is important feature of girls we need a solution for this so that there are no marks.
Here are 10 skin and hair benefits of eating cabbage -
1) Anti-ageing agent: Regular consumption of cabbage extends anti-ageing benefits to the skin. The rich amount of Vitamin C delays the ageing process. It has Vitamin A which works together with Vitamin D to make your skin clear and protects from ultraviolet rays.
2) Skin cure: Cabbage has excellent skin healing properties. It is effective in curing skin eruptions such as eczema, psoriasis, acne, rashes, insect bites, leg ulcers and wounds. It helps cure arthritis as well.
3) Gives flawless skin: Cabbage promotes healthy skin. If you are suffering from pimples or other skin irritations, cabbage can be the solution. Place the steamed cabbage compress on the affected area over night and experience spotless skin next morning.
4) Vitamin E for skin complexion: Cabbage juice enhances skin complexion. It has potassium, which purifies your body and skin.
5) Sulfur-rich for acne: Sulfur, abundantly present in cabbage, is considered as 'Nature's beauty mineral'. Because of its drying effect, it plays an important role in drying acne and breakouts. It also synthesizes keratin, a protein substance that is essential for healthy hair, nails and skin.
6) Cleansing property: Cabbage juice is extremely effective in cleansing your due to high Vitamin C content. The juice can also heal infected gums caused by gingivitis.
7) Hair growth: High on Vitamin A content, cabbage is an antioxidant that stimulates hair growth.
8) Smooth hair: Cabbage nourishes your hair, thus providing you with silky, shining hair. Apply its juice on your scalp and the roots of your hair. Shampoo your hair after an hour. This will make your hair smooth and silky.
9) Arrests hair loss: Here's a treatment for hair loss. Raw cabbage and cucumber juices are rich in silicon and sulfur, two vital minerals that stimulate hair growth and prevent hair loss.
10) Conditions dry hair: Raw cabbage juice is also beneficial for dry hair as it makes it soft and shiny. Try drinking a mixture of 80 ml of raw carrot and cucumber juice and 40 ml of raw cabbage juice to get healthy and beautiful hair.
Click on consult privately to ask me any follow-up questions on this.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.
My face is very round in shape how can I make it slim ? Are chubby cheeks are sign of inappropriate health ?
I am 29 male suffering from Tinea Versicolor (sehua) from long time but cured 90% of it by use of Garlic over it. But but at some part like on neck and back. Major part is back neck as they keep growing, I also used garlic treatment over it but its very painful. Researched a bit about it and found this (Uses For Selsun Blue Medicated Treatment. Selenium sulfide 1% and 2.5% strengths are used on the scalp to help control the symptoms of dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis. Selenium sulfide 2.5% strength is used also on the body to treat tinea versicolor (a type of fungus infection of the skin).) As I have to treat body part so I want to know products available in market with following chemical composition in New Delhi India.
I have pain in my stomach, it is like pimple inside the skin and I took consult with doctor also they said nothing, but still am getting so much pain what to do for this can I get the suggestions please .
I have dark circles due to which the portion under the eyes appears too tan compared to my face. Can you suggest some natural remedies for the same.
Sir, I have very black colour on my neck part. I meet a skin specialist" it is like a pigment. I gave some medicines. He said. Already I was used by 3 months. But no result is there. Pls can you solve my problem.
I am 17 years girl and have brono on my face and I am not fair but I want to be fair so what should I do.
Post kidney transplant, most people have a low immunity due to the powerful medications that are prescribed to avoid rejection of the organ. These medications tend to make the patients more prone to infections and hence, following strict dietary guidelines is necessary to avoid any complication. Also, as most people suffering from kidney failure are diabetic, hypertensive or suffer from heart disease, dietary control is mandatory. Moreover, the use of immunosuppressive drugs can increase your risk of diabetes, hypertension or heart disease.
#1: eat a protein rich diet
After a kidney transplant, the body requires more proteins to aid in the healing process and improve immunity. This is the reason, why consuming proteins should not be limited. Also, patients who were previously on dialysis had a lower protein intake, post kidney transplant, the consumption of proteins is recommended to be increased. Here are 6 protein sources for vegetarians.
#2: do not eat raw fruits
Intake of raw fruits is not advised as there is a high risk of infection due to raw food. However, you can eat fruits in stewed form as cooking lowers the active bacterial load, thereby lowering your risk of infection.
#3: include curd in your diet
Curd contains good quality protein, which is required for healing post-transplant, hence, curd should be eaten. As far as sour foods like lime and tamarind are concerned, eating them is also okay. But avoid eating grapes as they are known to interact with immune suppressive drugs and hinder healing of the kidney. Also read about 11 diet do’s and don’ts for people with kidney problems.
#4: you need not avoid fruits/ vegetables with seeds
Foods with seeds like tomato, brinjal, ladies finger, guava, watermelon, etc are considered harmless and can be taken after transplant, provided other biochemical parameters like electrolytes and cholesterol are within normal range. Also, ensure that the level of potassium in the blood is within control. However, if you are suffering from kidney stones, it is better to avoid these foods.
#5: you might need to take protein supplements
People who undergo kidney transplants are recommended protein supplements during the initial stage, however, it varies from person to person. In most cases, post kidney transplant, patients recover their appetite, hence there’s no need for any supplements. However, if the patient feels that his protein intake is not optimal, he can continue taking supplements post-transplant, but only after consulting a nephrologist.
Unlike the common misconception that kidney transplant recipients can eat everything after a transplant, you need to follow a disciplined dietary routine with numerous restrictions, depending upon your overall recovery and health. You can start eating out after three to six months of kidney transplantation, as it is the average time taken for the immuno-suppression to be stable and be at a low level. However, raw food, salads, fruits and foods kept open should be strictly avoided, even in general.