Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Shreelakshmi GYour feedback matters!
I am sorry i wrote it wrong way, i want to ask that my right breast nibble is not coming outwards it is pushed inside also i feel some hard ball kind of thing inside. I doubt it could be a breast cancer. Please tell me what it could be. Thanks
I'am 18 years old female. Mene apne boyfriend ke saath physical relations banaye on 23 sept ussi raat mujhko periods aa gaye or vagina mai bhot dard hone laga heavy flow ta blood ka but mere periods ab khatam ho gaye hai but dard kaam ni hua hai mene andr dkha ta vagina ke skin pht gayi hai thdi si Jada kaam karti hu toh dard Badh jata hai. Mjhko kisi ne mag phos 200 medicine lene ko kaha hai toh kya yh medicine sahi hai iss problem ke lie or or koi treatment hai Jo mai krwa Saku ya yeah kuch dino mai apne se sahi ho jaega or jadi problm wali baat toh nhi hai na? Please suggest me a sure short treatment. Fast.
My sister in-law is about 32 years old. She was now 16 week pregnant. It is her 3rd pregnancy. Previous one was term IUD. Today she done Ultrasound and found a cyst measuring 13cmX12cm in right ovary. Some times she feels pain in lower abdomen. Doctor told her not to be worried. What will she do?
I'm a 16 year old boy and I've noticed that my right breast has enlarged and when I press it some colorless sticky liquid is released. Should I be worried and consult doctor. P. S. It pains when I press it but not usually.
For busy professionals who are used to juggling different activities along with a hectic full-time job, staying fit can be a challenge. This is essentially due to a lack of consistency in sticking to a good fitness and diet plan. Here are some smart suggestions on how you can stay healthy even when you are busy.
5 diet and fitness tips for busy people
Integrate activity into your everyday life
Vigorous exercise is important. However, if your hectic schedule leaves you with no time to hit the gym, you can try integrating some activity in the course of the day for increasing your productivity and staying fit.
Take a walk when you are conversing on the phone.
Instead of the lift, take the stairs.
Take short breaks and step away from the workstation.
Workouts at home, such as sit-ups, push-ups, crunches, lunges and squats, keep you in shape.
Eat healthily and on time
Foods which are low in nutritional value and have too many calories can pose serious health problems, including weight gain, cardiovascular problems, and diabetes. It is important to stick to a healthy diet and a strict routine.
Instead of starchy foods, choose wholegrain variants which contain more fiber, and keep you feeling full.
Feel like snacking in the middle of the day? stock up on nuts and seeds or citrus fruits that are known to cure fatigue and stimulate alertness.
To keep your energy up and your metabolism on overdrive, eat breakfast and smaller meals throughout the day, rather than 3 big meals.
Have sufficient liquids through the day to avoid dehydration.
Avoid processed or packaged foods that contain too much sugar. Excess sugar has been linked to energy spikes followed by a crash while too much salt can lead to high blood pressure and an increased risk of strokes and heart disease.
Sleep is important
Finding it difficult to get a good night's sleep? sleep deprivation can lead to fatigue, confusion, memory lapses and irritability.
To get a restful sleep:
Create a sleep schedule and stick to it. Reading a book, listening to relaxing music, or taking a warm shower can help in relaxing your body.
Avoid watching tv or surfing on your mobile as this can interfere with your sleep.
Pay attention to what you eat and drink. Going to bed hungry or stuffing yourself too much can cause discomfort and keep you awake.
Focus on deep breathing
When you are trying to juggle multiple things at a time, you are bound to be stressed. Five to ten minutes of deep breathing can help in relaxing you and reducing anxiety.
You can also close your eyes and focus on relaxing and tensing each muscle group while taking deep, slow breaths. The best part about this is that you can do it anytime, at home, workplace or even on the road.
Watch your posture
Good posture is not just great for your back and neck, but also allows you to breathe properly and increases concentration and thinking ability. To improve your posture:
Get a good quality office chair, one with firm and dense cushioning and back support.
Instead of resting your weight on a particular foot, plant both feet flat on the floor.
Set a reminder to check your posture. This can be in the form of a post-it note, an alarm on your phone or an email reminder.
A healthy mind is responsible for a healthy and relaxed body and both are imperative for attaining better orgasms during intercourse. Orgasmic dysfunction, or inhibited sexual excitement, or simply anorgasmia, is a condition whereby, a woman fails to attain orgasms even when sexually aroused. This can prove to be a major sexual problem and is the cause of disputes and conflicts in a relationship because of the lack of sexual intimacy and satisfaction.
In order to be sexually excited, both mind and body are involved in a series of complex processes, which finally result in a peak sexual response. Thus, both need to be functioning well in order to stimulate an orgasm.
Causes that may lead to orgasmic dysfunction:
- Boredom or lack of interest in sexual indulgences
- Hormonal disorders or changes brought on by menopause
- Chronic illnesses that affect sexual interest
- Acquired negative attitudes (usually from childhood or adolescence) towards sex
- Previous traumatic experiences relating to rape or sexual abuse
- Certain prescription drugs like antidepressants
- Stress or high fatigue
- Medical conditions affecting the nervous system around the pelvis
- Medical conditions causing chronic pelvic pain
Symptoms of organic dysfunction may include:
- Inability to attain orgasms
- Taking longer than normal to reach an orgasm
- Not having satisfying orgasms
It is important to note that when treating problems associated with orgasmic dysfunction, you must maintain a healthy attitude towards sex, in addition to having sufficient knowledge pertaining to sexual stimulations and responses. Learning how to communicate and how to express your needs and desires clearly is another important step in the treatment of anorgasmia. Here are a few other ways to improve your sex life:
- Eat well and get enough rest
- Reduce your consumption of alcohol, drugs, or smoking
- Engage in Kegel exercises which involve tightening and relaxing the muscles of the pelvis
- Use birth control methods that both you and your partner agree to
- Engage in other sexual activities apart from sexual intercourse
- Educate yourself more about reaching orgasms by focusing on clitoral stimulation or directed masturbation
- Take up sexual counseling to learn helpful exercises
Related Tip: "5 Mind Reasons You're Might Not Be Getting An Orgasm"
The knee is one of the largest and most important joints of our body. It is also susceptible to wear and tear as well as injuries. Knee pain can occur due to a variety of reasons starting from conditions like arthritis problem and osteoporosis as well as injuries that can affect the ligaments, the joint, the menisci and femur. These are the various parts of the knees, which can suffer from degeneration or even injuries. The best way to combat chronic knee pain is through rest, ice compress and with the help of pain relieving and anti-inflammatory medication.
While rest and ice compress for chronic knee pain and pain relieving and anti-inflammatory medication are the best ways to combat knee pain, orthopaedics also recommend the use of various strengthening exercises which can alleviate knee pain. Here are a few of the best ones!
- The Towel Hook: Lie down flat on your back and raise one leg, Hook a towel under the foot and press it against the towel as you pull both ends downwards, creating slight pressure. This can be done for a few seconds at a time. Remember to do this at least ten times for each foot and increase gradually. This exercise helps in strengthening your entire leg from the calf to the knee and even the thighs so that the pain subsides.
- Towel Roll: In towel roll exercise, after pushing knee, should do dorsiflexion and hold for 20 seconds.. Hamstring exercises are also given by placing roll towel under your feet, push down, dorsiflexion and hold for 20 seconds Adductor exercises are also given by placing small ball between your legs just above the knee joint, press and hold for 20seconds.
- Swing: For this exercise, you will need to sit down on a chair. Now take one leg and swing it up until it is in line with your hip. Hold it out like this before you slowly bring it down again. Do this at least twenty to thirty times for each leg and gradually increase the frequency and the number of seconds for which you hold the knee. This will also help in pain management.
- Knee Marches: You can also do knee marches by sitting down on a chair. You will need to march each knee up and down at least twenty to thirty times. You will need to do this for a few minutes every day and you can easily do it twice a day even when you are at work, sitting in front of a desk. You must ensure that your posture is straight and upright for this exercise.
If you wish to discuss about any specific joint or bone problem, you can consult a specilized orthopedist and ask a free question.
Breast milk is the best for babies and the benefits of breastfeeding are one too many. Breast milk not only supplies your baby with its requirement of vitamins and nutrients, but also gets the substances which fight diseases, making your baby healthy and strong.
Benefits of breastfeeding are:
1. Protects Your Body - Breastfeeding induces some changes in your body which you might not be very delighted to accept, but are for the sake of your baby. Did you know, these very changes benefit you as well. Studies have proved that women who breastfeed are protected against breast and ovarian cancer. The longer you feed, the more protected you are.
2. Reduces Stress - Adding to the benefits of breastfeeding you can derive, is the fact that it helps you reduce stress. It also lessens your risk of postpartum depression. Breastfeeding has been found to be relaxing since it releases the hormone called oxytocin. This release also helps the uterus contract.
3. Averts Risk For Baby - A breastfed baby has lower risk of sudden infant death syndrome.
4. Reduces Obesity Risk In Baby - Breastfed babies have lower chances of obesity. They are good at judging when their tummies are full and therefore stop drinking on time. This leads to healthy growth pattern. Compared to babies who are fed on formula, breastfed babies gain weight at slower speed, hence reducing chances of obesity later in life.
5. Increases Cognitive Skills - Multiple researches have shown that there is a direct relationship between cognitive development and breastfeeding.
6. Enhances Baby’s Immunity - Breastfeed babies are also said to be better protected from developing allergies as immune factors like secretory igA is present only in breast milk. It creates a protective layer on the babys intestinal tract. Babies who aren't breastfeed are known to fall sick pretty frequently as formula diet doesn't build their immunity as mother's milk does.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
One of the most severe forms of pain is the pain that a woman experiences during the process of childbirth. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the most severe, it is believed to be 8 to 10. In the earlier days, a number of women would die during childbirth and survival was considered as a second lease of life. This belief has however, changed with the advancements in medical science. The delivery has now become an almost painless procedure.
How it works: The pelvis and the lower limbs receive nerve supply through the nerves coming out of the spinal cord. A strong anesthetic is injected into the lower back to numb the pelvis and down below. This ensures that the mother is comfortable and awake during the whole procedure and is able to see the child being delivered but has reduced pain in the lower half of the body.
What are its benefits?
- The mother has a painless delivery and is conscious and able to see the process of delivery.
- Significant relief from the painful experience of childbirth. The pain induces secretion of stress hormones in the mother, which adversely affects both the mother and the child.
- Blood pressure is better controlled using this procedure.
- Additional instruments can be used during the delivery if required without the need for additional anesthesia.
- If required, the procedure can be converted to a cesarean section too, by adding an epidural catheter.
- The duration of childbirth has been significantly decreased.
- Suitable for patients who have preeclampsia and heart disease
It has some disadvantages too
There are minor complications, including:
- This can develop after the painless delivery and the onset and intensity vary from one individual to another
- Post-procedure headache
- Pain at the site of injection
- Difficulty during urination
- The normal pushing effect by the woman is reduced due to the numbness and so vacuum may be used or delivery may have to be converted to a cesarean one.
- In rare cases, there could also be a sudden drop in the blood pressure
In the following cases, the doctor would advise the mother to go for a painless delivery
- Medical conditions like preeclampsia, high BP, or other heart conditions
- Subsequent births after having had a cesarean section (VBAC – vaginal birth after cesarean)
- People who have previously had prolonged or complicated labor, a painless delivery is easy on both the mother and the child
When it should be best avoided
In some cases, like the ones listed below, the painless delivery should be avoided
- Women with bleeding disorders.
- Women who are on blood thinners like aspirin, heparin, etc.
- Women who have had prior low back surgeries
- Women with neurological conditions
A detailed discussion with your gynecologist is the best way to identify, if this would work for you.
Hi I'm 23 years old and my girl is 19 years old and we are planning to have sex and she is still a virgin so what should I do to minimise her pain and is fingering okay?
Im 25 years old. And I want to get pregnant again. How can I know im fertile? My last period was june 14.
I'm 16years old female. Although I crossed my puberty age. Yet I font get my period regularly every month. What measures should I take to get my periods regularly every month. Please help me with it as soon as possible.
I am a 25 ys lady having problem of missed period from 3 month did all test scanning and thyroid blood test all are normal. Use mesparte table for 6 days but no use. One doctor suggest to take progesterone for 5 days twice will it effect my future pregnancy or have any problem to my health im tensed please suggest me what to do for regular period. Without period I can not be present anymore.
Is bleeding after I pill prove I am not pregnant. I had took ipill after had unprotected sex within 24 hrs. I had the sex on 2nd day of my period end. And again had sex on 6 day later. Then took I pill immediately. After a week I got bleed. Any chance of pregnancy. please reply ASAP.
38 years female. I have regular mensuration cycle 32 days cycle. I have 4 to 5 days discharged. But my hemoglobin level is very low. 7. 8ml only I have it dr please how can possible I update my hemoglobin level.
Hello, me n my girlfriend did not have sex but I use to perform foreplay, my question is my girlfriends breast size is increasing much even though she is slim. So is their any problem in future or is their any precautions to be taken and what should be the size of breast if a girl is slim and weight is around 50 kgs. Will be grateful to hear from you and thanking you.
What is LASIK ?
Laser-Assisted in Situ Keratomileusis (LASIK) uses a computer controlled laser to reshape the eye's cornea ( the transparent part in the front region of the eye), so as to enable light passing through it to focus correctly onto the retina of the eye.
When do you need this surgery?
This surgical procedure is ideal for people having following conditions making spectacle use mandatory :
1. Myopia or nearsightedness - Far off objects appears blurry
2. Hypermetropia or farsightedness - Close objects appear indistinct
3. Astigmatism - Overall fuzzy vision
Facts about the surgery -
- Practically painless procedure done under numbing drops
- Short surgery time as well as recovery time
- No use of stitches
- Reduced dependency on glasses and contact lenses
- Better vision as compared to vision through high power glasses
- Minimum age to opt for the procedure is 18 years
LASIK in Presbyopia or Presbylasik:
The surgery can also be opted for individuals who suffer from presbyopia, which is long-sightedness brought on by the loss of flexibility of the eye lens, and usually occurs in individuals in their middle and old age. The condition renders individuals with the inability to focus on objects that are close by, leading to difficulty in reading smaller prints or doing chores close up.
In Presbylasik or Multifocal LASIK different power zones are created for seeing at varying distances - near , intermediate and distance vision.Consulting a doctor is best as he or she can help you to decide on the right course of action.
Related Tip: 4 Tips for a Great Eyesight