Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shreelakshmi GYour feedback matters!
Summer is at its peak and the mercury level is rising by a notch every day. The scorching sun gives even more reasons to constantly hunt for some cooling and soothing foods which can comfort us. It is the time of year when you get dehydrated easily due to excess sweat and perspiration and that's the time when you want to reach out for something cold like sodas, beverages or even cold water. This is where we go wrong because anything extremely low in temperature can actually constrict our blood vessels and affect the heat loss process in our body. Here are a few tips you need to keep in mind to keep yourself cool:
- Increase your water intake: In high humidity conditions, you do not sweat adequately due to which you cannot release heat efficiently from your body. That is the reason why you need to drink enough water at regular intervals even if you are not thirsty to cool your system.
- Have eatables high in water content: Eat a lot of fresh fruits, raw salads and lightly spiced foods. Fruits and veggies are easy to digest and high in water content and hence help in hydration. Avoid fried and junk foods as they take time to digest and require a lot of water. Spicy foods can also increase body heat.
- Grab naturally cooling drinks: Drink naturally cooling beverages like coconut water, lemon juice, buttermilk and sugarcane juice, etc. Rather than aerated soft drinks, caffeine, and alcoholic beverages as they contain sugar and other preservatives which act as diuretics and can cause loss of water from the body. You can add sabja (tulsi seeds) to drinks as it has a cooling effect on the body.
- Have curd: Curd is excellent as it increases friendly bacteria in the gut and improves digestion and boosts immunity.
- Include veggies in diet: Add veggies like cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, spinach, beet etc to add to the extra water in your diet.
- Small meals: avoid heavy meals at one time as it can cause acidity and affect digestion. Rather eat small meals to feel light and keep your system active.
- Don't forget raw mango: In the summer season, raw mango is a special fruit and is extremely good to prevent sunstrokes and weakness. Raw mango juice also known as aam panna can help balance electrolytes in the body. You can also have raw mango in any form like adding it in bhel, salads or making a dish out of it.
You can divide your day's meals as per regular timings like:
Breakfast: 2-3 fresh fruits (this can help to neutralize your stomach acids and make you feel light and active as they are natural sources of energy).
- Mid morning: a glass of buttermilk/ coconut water (to refresh you).
- Lunch: salads + 1-2 rotis + veggies + thin dals (you can add or subtract the rotis as per your appetite and requirement).
- Evening: fruit yoghurt/fruit smoothie (they are filling, nourishing and cooling).
- Dinner: stir fried veggies/ chilled soups + grilled chicken/ steamed fish/ low fat paneer/ tofu + jaljeera/ lemon juice (to keep your dinner light and help you wake up afresh).
Stick to the plan and stay cool this summer!
Hi Doctor. My age is 24 now I am 6 months pregnant. Can I have sex with my husband. I am normal in all the sense. I just want to satisfy my husband. I feel shy to ask this with my doctor. Please answer me.
I recently had laparoscopy on 29th of June .my last period was on 21st June Still I didn't get my period. Hpt says negative. I had mild spotting on 17th of July for 2 hrs. Could I be pregnant should I go for blood test.
I am 25 years old. I have regular menses. Had laparoscopy 2 month ago for endometriosis. Now every thing is ok. Had ovulation on my 14th day of cycle niw Dr. prescribed me deviry 10 mg. Does it help me to conceive?
My period date is 26 nd did not get the period. I am with my husband. Actually we are decided to go a desert safari on this friday. I do not know am I pregnant or not. Can I go for the desert safari. If I am pregnant is there any problem?
Hello doc, I am 25 years old .I am married for one and half year. I am trying for a baby from last 6 months but I am not conceived yet and my cycle also get irregular for last 6 months. I have never any problems regarding my period. My last period was late by 2 months and I took two pregnancy test but both r negative. Please suggest what should I do?
My pregnancy got confirmed ,its not just even one month. I wanted to participate in 21 KM marathon. Physically I am Strong. Is it good for me to take a marathon in next month. Then it might be second month of carrying for me. Please suggest .any effects for baby would be occurred?
I am using saheli pills is that effective to prevent pregnancy My gynec say it is not sure to prevent pregnancy.
I am 26 years old married for about 2 years not able to get a child any reasons. I smoke and drink is that the reason why i am not able to get a child.
Dear sir, My Girlfriend was pregnant for one month but we both don't want a baby now. So we want to abortion. Please help me she is one month pregnant.
Hello Doctor, my first day of last period was on 20 March, and on 5th April I got a sharp pain in lower stomach same as that of period, mild cramping lasted for 4 days and after that, now and then from 2 days I feel slight pain or in better words some kind of sensation on my lower right of abdomen. I also have bit itching in my vaginal opening. Could I be pregnant?
How many days its take to do pregnancy urine test after sex commitment. How many days its take time get positive. Before missed periods? At present my thyroid level is 2.99 and I'm using 50 mcg tablets every day.
After doing sex with the help of condom and periods get delay it gets delay too 1 month is this any problem or what ? Or due to hormonal imbalance bcoz earlier I consumed unwanted 72 pill.
~ Ayurvedic Name: Dandak Jwara
~ Other Names: Dandy fever,Three-day fever, Breakbone fever.
~What's is a Dengue Fever?
1-Dengue fever is a disease caused by one of a number of viruses.
2-These viruses are spread by the bite of mosquitoes and are transmitted to the human body.
3-The disease is very common in tropical and subtropical areas of the world (including some islands in the Caribbean, Mexico, most countries of South and Central America, the Pacific, Asia and parts of tropical Africa). In these locations, the dengue fever arbovirus is endemic, meaning that the dengue fever virus naturally and consistently lives in that location and the virus are not carried by mosquitoes.
~Who gets Dengue Fever?
Dengue fever can occur to people of all ages. Children usually have a milder disease than adults.
~What's are the causes of Dengue Fever ?
When a mosquito carrying dengue fever virus bites a healthy human, the virus travels in the blood stream and then starts multiplying itself in the whole body. Dengue fever is not contagious, which means one person cannot pass it directly to another.
Dengue fever is also a type of arbovirus, which is short for arthropod-borne virus. The main virus causing dengue fever is carried by a mosquito named "Aedes aegypti" which transmits the virus to humans through its bite. An organism that carries a disease, without actually developing the disease itself, is called a vector. Aedes aegypti works as a vector for transmitting the disease.
An another cause for dengue fever is a virus name flaviviruses. More than 100 million cases of dengue fever occur every year in a whole world. A little bit percent of these develop into dengue hemorrhagic fever. It is possible for a traveler who has returned to the United States to pass the infection to someone who has not traveled. Risk factors for dengue hemorrhagic fever include having antibodies to dengue virus from prior infection and being younger than 12, female, or Caucasian.
~What's are the symptoms of Dengue Fever?
The symptoms of dengue fever are generally seen in around three days after transition of virus to humans through mosquitoes bite and after that patient starts feeling very weak. Dengue fever, however, is not a fatal disease.
Dengue fever may vary on an individual basis for each patient. One should always remember before looking for treatment that over-medication in dengue fever is likely to lead to further complications and some times it may also turn slight serious. A mild attack of the fever may pass off without having to administer any medicine.
~Some of the main symptoms of dengue fever are listed below:
Dengue fever usually starts suddenly with a rapidly climbing high fever, that's why the temperature in dengue fever is called a 'saddleback' type temperature.
Retro-orbital pain behind the eye.
nausea & vomiting.
loss of appetite.
rashes develop on the feet or legs 3 to 4 days after the beginning of the fever.
Swelling and pain in muscles and joints.
The joint pain in the body has given dengue fever the name that is "breakbone fever".The common symptoms of dengue fever may go in around 10 days, but complete recovery from dengue fever can take more than a month.
~Herbal Treatments for Dengue Fever
There is no specific treatment for the treatment of classical dengue fever, and like most people you will also recover completely within 2 weeks. For severe dengue symptoms, including shock and coma, early and aggressive emergency treatment with fluid and electrolyte replacement can be lifesaving.
Some treatment options that may enhance the curing of classical dengue fever are listed:
1) Mix 360 mg of Shunthi Churna with 125 mg of Hinguleshwar and now take this mixture at least 4 times daily, you may take with tea or hot water. If case the temperature of the patient rises beyond 104°F (40°C), then you may apply cold pad, on the forehead till the temperature subsides.
2) Another ayurvedic medicine used for treatment of dengue fever is tulsi (holy basil). Medicinal properties of tulsi are very useful in ayurvedic therapy. The leaves of tulsi are used to produce soothing effect on the nervous system. Tulsi leaves strengthen the stomach and induce copious perspiration.
3) Amrutharistam,Amruthottaram kashayam,sudarsanam gulika,Pachanamrutham kashayam can be given for treatment.
Almonds can be eaten in many ways and have a plethora of health benefits. Experts say that eating even an ounce of almondswhic a day can reduce the risk of potential heart disease as it is rich in magnesium which is essential for healthy heart.
Also it is good for reducing cholesterol levels and aid in weight loss too. They promote gastrointestinal health and helps combat diabetes too as the sugar content in almonds is less