Find numerous Urologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Urologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Urologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of UTI
Treatment of Bladder Stones
Treatment of Enlarged Prostate
Treatment of H.I.V
Treatment of Urine Stone
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Treatment of Urinary Tract Problems
Treatment of Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy
Treatment of Blood in Semen
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Treatment of Impotence
Treatment of Bladder Cancer
Submit a review for Dr. Shreeharsha Mallappa AwatiYour feedback matters!
E. G.- I have constipation problem from last 2 years due to this I have fissure problem in my anus. Please suggest me how can I cure this problem and what precaution should I take to overcome my constipation problem.
My urine sample report shows pus cells: 1-2/HPF, RBC 1-2 and epithelial cells: 1-2, Sonography was ok, Urine ok, no pain no burning sensation. No medicines taken b4 test. Kindly advise.
The pair of kidneys that human beings have, forms an important part in the excretory system. They perform specific and important functions. They excrete urine as well as help in eliminating the toxins, which accumulate in the body. Kidney stones occur when the minerals present in the urine without being discharged, keep on accumulating. This gives rise to an extremely painful and uncomfortable situation. Though sometimes the situation gets revoked all by itself, many-a-times it requires medical intervention.
Some of the symptoms of kidney stones are:
However, there are several preventive measures which you can undertake in order to avert the situation. Some of them are:
- Drink lots of water: Kidney stone is one of those rare conditions that once occurred, always carry the latent threat of recurring again. Therefore, drinking water in large quantities becomes essential. The more you drink water, the more frequently you would urinate, thereby curbing the chances of the minerals settling in the kidneys.
- Avoid certain foods: Food like beets, spinach, those which are replete with calcium oxalate should be avoided in order to minimize chances of having kidney stones.
- Foods recommended:
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables
- Drink plenty of water ( 10 -12 glasses of water)
- Dietary calcium of 1gm a day
- Low oxalate diet Foods to be restricted
- Reduce the amount of salt in your diet
- Restrict food containing excess of oxalate
- Limit intake of animal proteins
- Change your diet: If you are trying to avoid the eventuality of developing kidney stones, it is imperative that you change your diet a bit. It is recommended that you exclude animal protein as much as possible and assiduously avoid the intake of salt as much as possible.
- Take less calcium supplements: Calcium generally is considered a nemesis to your kidneys and is prescribed by doctors to be avoided. However, recent research has thwarted this claim. Calcium does not pose a threat to kidneys. However, calcium supplements definitely do and therefore, should be avoided. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.