Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shreedhar MurthyYour feedback matters!
The partial or total inability to hear is known as hearing impairment or hearing loss. It can be present at birth, or develop later in life.
There are a number of factors, which may cause hearing loss
1. Age - Age is the biggest factor when it comes to the loss of hearing, and you may lose the ability to hear as you age. This condition is known as presbycusis. It becomes difficult to understand high-frequency sounds like that of a child or a woman when you get old.
2. Noise - When you are exposed to loud noises for a prolonged period of time, it damages your ears. This leads to loss of hearing. 5% of the total population of the world is affected by noise (the degree of suffering varies). It may be a result of continuous exposure to loud music or a sudden exposure to a loud noise like an explosion.
3. Hereditary disorders - Hearing disorder may be inherited by the dominant or recessive genes of parents in the child. 70-80% of these cases inherit from the recessive genes, whereas 20-25% inherit hearing loss from the dominant genes.
4. Trauma - Serious injuries of the head/ears may cause loss of hearing, which may be either temporary or permanent. When damage is caused to the brain, the brain fails to process the message conveyed by the ears. So even if the ears are totally functional, a person may face the problem in hearing.
5. Perinatal problems - The ototoxic effects on the fetus due to excess intake of alcohol during pregnancy lead to hearing the loss in about 64% of the infants born to alcoholic mothers.
Also, premature birth can be associated with hearing loss due to high risk of being exposed to noise in neonatal units.
Knowing about the causes of hearing loss can lead you a step closer to preventing this disorder as you age.
Here are some useful tips that can help prevent hearing loss:
1. Be more aware - You should be diligent and aware of the situations, which may risk your hearing ability and should try to avoid such situations as much as possible. Limit your exposure to sources of hazardous noises like firearms, firecrackers, concerts and clubs.
2. Take precautionary measures - If your occupation calls for working at an environment of loud noises, use earplugs or earmuffs to block out the excessive noise. Also, make sure that you work in a place where employers take all the necessary measures of noise control under the federal or state regulations.
3. Monitor your use of gadgets - Monitor and control the use of hearing devices, and try to reduce the use of headphones/ earphones as much as possible.
Related Tip: Why Do You Get an EAR Discharge?
My baby 20 months old. At 18 moths DPT vaccine given but at injection site inside swelling still appear 180 days gone from injection date. Starting it was big now it is small but we had doubt is it normal? Is it gone itself? Please advise. Thank You.
My child is suffering from epilepsy since last 2 years and now he is 8 years old. But still In spit talking medicine sezuires are not controlled. So please so advice me.
Dear Sir, I am a married person and I have one kid of 7 years old. We are planning to get other child for three or four years but in vein. After intercourse all the semen comes out from my wife. And all the day, it continues coming out until it finishes. We tried all the position, and used to put pillow also under the butts of my wife. But I use lubricant during intercourse. Please suggest me what should we do.
Hi doctor I want to ask about my daughter she is 2 years 8 months now bit not going toilet for motion she doing at underwear only not telling motion coming and all sometime urine also doing inside home I teacher and told so many times outside people's are insulting me so I did not put school also she not telling please give me suggestion I'm waiting for your reply you gave suggestion
How to handling my child in health and food and all kind of life and tell me how to take care my wife health after born baby.
My daughter has acute DNS. One of her nostril is completely closed due to trauma at the age of 2. She is 10. Her breast buds have started coming. Acc to her early outburst of puberty can I get her surgery done at 15- or 16 year of age. Her nose is also quite big can I get the surgery for shaping her nose also at the same time?
My child is 3 and a half years old, daily he gets pain in his leg during sleep. Pain makes him wake up from the sleep and scream. Any suggestion to minimize the growth pain.
I am a new born baby mother 22 days of my baby son n I have done post cizor recently but I unable to breast feeding to my baby becoz I can not properly sit I can not feed him now wht 2 do.
Hello Doctors Team, My son born on 10-APR-2016 with 1.96kg with 34 Weeks 6 days and currently he is having 2.75 Kg with 39 Weeks 1 day My question here is that we are following PRE-NAN milk powder from his birth with the addition of Mother Milk feeding, and I would like to know that can we continue the same milk powder or we need to change with some other milk powder with the addition of mother's milk. Kindly suggest, Thanks.
My 4-years old child is very aggressive. He is always breaking something here and there. We are fed up of his behavior. He is excessively active and adamant. How do we teach him manners?
In my collage there was a test of thasemia. In that report I got result as trait. And I need information on this diseases.
Breast feeding should be started within the first 30-60 minutes of birth.
The thick yellow initial secretion (Colostrum) should not be discarded as it is rich proteins, vitamin A, prevents the development of allergies, and contains antibodies that protect the baby from infections.
The newborn should not be given honey, water or any other fluid other than the breast milkBaby should be breast fed on demand every 2-3 hours devoting 10-15 minutes to each breast.
Baby should be properly latched to the breast. Part of the areolar (the black area behind the nipple) should be in his mouth.The baby should be exclusively breast feed for at least 6 months.
Breast feeding helps in better mental development of the babyIt reduces risk of ear infections, chest infections, diabetes and skin rashesIt helps in strong bonding between mother and childIt leads to lesser pain and bleeding after delivery.
It helps the mother in losing weight fast.Breast feeding protects the mother against breast cancer and ovarian cancer.
It’s Breast Feeding week, so share these facts with your friends and family.