Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. Shreedhar KYour feedback matters!
Heart Blocks are a result of plaque buildup in your arteries, which blocks blood flow and circulation to the heart, causing heart muscle damage and heightens the risk for heart attack and stroke.
Arteries which have smooth and elastic walls become thick and restrict blood flow from the cholesterol deposits over the years. Blood clots can also block the arteries that supply oxygen rich blood to the heart. These can eventually lead to strokes and heart attacks.
Some warning signs that you may be at risk of heart blockage:
- Have you had a mild stroke: Plaque that accumulates in the carotid artery supplying oxygen rich blood to the brain can cause a stroke. People who have had strokes are more prone to heart attacks.
- Do you often feel fatigue and dizziness: Reduced oxygen from poor circulation and blood flow can result in fatigue and tiredness as well as dizziness.
- Experiencing shortness of breath: Poor blood flow can lead to shortness of breath from even mild forms of exercise or even from carrying out daily chores or walking.
- Sudden chest pain: Chest pain or angina result from reduced supply of blood to the heart. It can be felt as pressure, tightness in the chest, squeezing in the chest, numbness or burning.
- Unexplained lower back pain: This can result from pressure in the spine as a result of pinched nerves due to compressed vertebrae discs as a result of poor blood flow.
- Erectile dysfunction in men: If an erection becomes difficult or impossible, it could be a warning sign of clogged arteries. These arteries supply blood to the pelvis area and help achieve an erection.
- Calf pain: Blocked leg arteries can cause calf pain, especially in smokers . THis is an early sign of possible heart blocks.
- Painful, numb and cold hands and feet: Plaque build up in the arteries of the extremities can cause numbness and coldness in the hands and feet.
Remember early detection is the key to prevent or delay heart attacks.
My chest is a bit lifted from the top, a friend of mine told me it is a postural deformity called pigeon chest, so can anyone suggest me how it can be cured.
Am having chest pain for last two days. Its like penetrating pain. I also got periods at the same time. Is that periods induced chest pain? Not that much pain its a bearable pain for less than 2 min.
My chest keeps paining suddenly sometimes, if I drink some water or eat some food my chest keeps paining a lot, what should I do?
How can I control on my own mind and heart. ? How can I heart strong some times my full body shake due to heart.
My wife is suffering from low b. P 86/60 from past 4 days. She is having light headedness and dizziness. Her heart beat also becomes fast. Please advise whats the reason behind this?
I have high bp of 100 150 my age is 44 I take tele act beta 25. Shall I continue this medicine or else I change please suggest.
Heart disease or coronary artery blockade is a chronic disease, not always sudden!
Heart may warn you by giving theses signs. Read carefully.
1. Little bit of chest heaviness since few days
2. Mild pain on the left chest with or without left hand/shoulder pain.
3. Shortness of breath while walking fast or climbing stairs
4. Shortness of breath especially on night time with pain.
5. Sometimes severe pain on centre of chest, getting relieved automatically.
So go for a health check as soon as possible if you have such symptoms and can avoid heart attack.