Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shree NivashYour feedback matters!
I suffer from severe acne. Now the pimples have subsided but they have left scars. How do I remove these scars. I have oily skin.
I am 21 year old male I have a black patches on forehead and some black spot please give any suggestions I didn't tried any home remedy.
What I will do for summer time? Now My skin is going to rough. So help me My brother regular eat 2 eggs is it correct for his health.
I am 17 years old. I am getting much hair fall .my fallen hair will be regrown. Plzz answer my question.
I have problems with daily hair fall. I am very scared due to continuous hair fall. Is there any redemy.
I have dark complexion for sometime. My face skin getting darker with days I want some glowing and fairer skin Pls recommend any cream which one I can use in daylihht without sticky appearance.
I keep on getting dried black blood spots whenever I bleed. Ik this is common for everyone but I need to know how to remove the black dried blood quick and how to avoid it too.
I have pimples dark spots on my face. I am using vivel soap and Clobeta GM tube to remove dark spots. Some better result is coming as pimple are going but that dark spots on my face is like a roots of tree into the earth. Please help me out.
Since last 5/6 months dandruff problem started on my head. I never had such problem in my pass life and for such too long period of time. Kindly guide me to solve this problem.
My hair falls continuously and volume of hairs are very thin. What should I do to for a better volume and a healthy hairs?
Hi muje kitne taime se hair fall ho raha he shower lete waqt to is ko rokne ke liye muje kya karna chaiye please mere sawl ka jawb bheje.
I have a fungus infected nails on my right leg only and the nails have turned black how should I treat it to heal it.
I have dark spots im my face since 1 year can I use orange peel and neem face mask to reduce darkspots in my face with 1 month.
I'm suffering from alopecia areata for about 7 to 8 months. I'm taking steroid injection on my scalp. I've spent around 5000 rupees for this and still counting. However, in some areas tiny hair has grown but there are still some spaces where hair didn't grow. So, my question is. Is there any cute for this as far as auto immune diseases are concerned.
What is hypertrichosis?
Hypertrichosis is the excessive growth of hair, which is abnormal given for the person's age, sex, body area or race. This is different from Hirsutism in which women experience hair growth in areas that generally fall under the male pattern of hair distribution.
The commonest symptom of hypertrichosis is the development of excess hair in small isolated patches (localised hypertrichosis) or all over the body (generalised hypertrichosis). Some with this disorder may exhibit enlarged gums and defects of the teeth as well.
Types of hypertrichosis
Hypertrichosis may be congenital (present during birth) or acquired.
- Congenital hypertrichosis is generally caused by genetic mutations. It may affect men and women differently, and may even impact the whole body, covering one totally in hair or just in isolated areas such as the upper part of the body, face, elbows etc.
- Acquired hypertrichosis occurs post birth. Causes of it may include side effects of certain drugs, certain types of cancer and metabolic abnormalities. It may also occur due to trauma. This generally causes hair growth around or in the facial region such as the upper lip, chin and cheeks that may follow a certain pattern.
Causes of Hypertrichosis:
- Genes - Genetic mutations has been seen to affect the development of hypertrichosis.
- Cancer - It may develop in those suffering from cancers of some forms. This form of hair growth is also known as malignant down and generally affects the face.
- Malnutrition - Eating disorders affect the metabolism of a person, which might lead to the development of hypertrichosis.
- Drugs - Certain drugs have been found to cause hormonal imbalances, which can induce excessive hair growth.
- Injuries - Trauma such as head or cerebral injuries or exposure to certain chemicals may also cause hypertrichosis. Porphyrias, which are disorders affecting the skin and or nerves, may also lead to its development. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!