Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Shree DharYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor, I want to ask you about blood pressure I am having low blood pressure so can you please tell me that what to do.
I am 20 years old male. I have stomach pain with alternate days it pain from just below chest in the middle of lungs. I have referred to many clinics they says its constipation but still by taking medicines and yoga there is pain. What should I do?
Good morning sir, I am 50 years old diabetic since 2012 april. But without medicine just with regular brisk waking for 6, kms a day my post meal blood sugar is 180 so with your kind permission may I take just 30 ml of RUM twice a, week if you say then only I will consume it or I won't I am hypertensive also but it is, well controlled with Telma 40 H .sir please guide me.
Due to cold I am having extreme chest and back pain. The pain goes off when I use hot water bottle. Please help. In case of consultation, what type of doctor to consult?
My friend is suffering from severe chest pain after holding her pee for long plus she is a bit drunk on rum.
I hav problem like something is crawling under skin and hav little with pain some time in heart. What type of disease I hav and to which doctor I hav to take appointment to cure.
I am suffer to high blood pressure for last six months. Bp is 90/165. But I am normal at present. I have no issue related my bp nor my hody react for high bp. What should I do? Please guide.
I am suffering with high b. P since 5 yrs. NW in brain right side pain is coming. Both two legs below joint saviour pain. No erection. My age 35. Back below neck heavy pain is coming.
She originally was diagnosed in childhood with a whole in heart, then itself vsd was got closed, now she is 11 years old and her weight is 27 kgs. Doing well. She is shuttle badminton player, she is strong enough but she is lien, which food can be given to her to become a little stout.
Before 5 years my blood pressure was found 100/180 and i was advised to take Betacard H and Telday 40 everyday in the morning after breakfast. Since then my blood pressure is 100/130 and no variations even for a single day. When can i stop taking the tablets.
The heart muscle is the central pumping machine that ensures that blood flow throughout the body is maintained and all other organs have a regular supply. One of the conditions that can cause this organ to malfunction is cardiomyopathy, wherein the heart is unable to pump the blood to all parts of the body. This condition can even lead to heart failure and is something that needs to be addressed and diagnosed quickly.
Symptoms of Cardiomyopathy
Early stages of cardiomyopathy may be difficult to detect externally, although it may be slowly reducing your heart’s capacity. Symptoms that start showing in later stages may include:
- Constant fatigue, even without physical activity
- Fluid may build up and thus cause bloating within the body
- Persistent coughing while lying down
- You may have irregular heartbeats that may sometimes be quite rapid
- Due to the lack of blood supply, you may feel lightheaded, dizzy and might even cause you to faint
- Even the slightest of exertions will cause breathlessness and exhaustion and you may even feel this symptom while at rest
- Intermittent chest pain
Causes of Cardiomyopathy
Causes of this condition may vary from patient to patient, although certain common factors include:
- Genetic reasons where one or both parents are susceptible to this condition
- Metabolic problems such as obesity, diabetes or thyroid problems
- Substance abuse such as anabolic steroids, amphetamines cocaine or even the consumption of excessive alcohol
- High blood pressure for prolonged periods
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Side effects of drug treatments such as the use of certain chemicals in chemotherapy
Types of Cardiomyopathy
Cardiomyopathy has multiple types; depending on what causes them and also certain specific symptoms. These are:
- Restrictive cardiomyopathy
- Dilated cardiomyopathy
- Arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Unclassified cardiomyopathies
Treatment for cardiomyopathy
The treatment of these various forms of cardiomyopathy will vary depending on the type and also the stage and condition of the heart. Some of these treatments include:
- Lifestyle changes
- Surgeries such as Septal myectomy, Septal ablation and Radiofrequency ablation
- Implantable devices such as Implantable cardioverter-defibrillator or ICD
- Ventricular assist devices
- Heart transplant in the worst case scenarios. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
I am 32 years old pregnant woman carrying 24 weeks baby. My total cholesterol level is 239, My LDL level is high. So doctor advised to reduce LDL level. I can't manage it properly. Please advise me how I shall manage. Please give me a diet chart.
Helo sir. My mother age 62 years had angiography in 2011 which shows 60% blockage in her lad. Now in 2017 I have hone for ct angiography which shows similar result .50 to 60 % blockage in proximal and 60 to 70% blockage in distal lad. Should I opt for angioplasty or resume my medicines. And one thing more should I also give ayurvedic medicine along with allopathic medicines. Please reply sir. Thnk you.
Is COMPLETE LEFT BRANCH BLOCK IN Heart is a serious condition. What are the remedies to overcome. Just today My ECG report says LBBB (U, aVL,V6) QRS is 212ms. Please suggest me. I'm very scared. Previously I dint had any problem. But today when I went to general check up to my family doctor he took ECG suggested to come on next week. Pls let me knw is this a serious condition.
Main reasons to get BP. What are the precautions to be taken. Please explain with clarity answer plz.
Lifestyle is one of the best defences against heart disease. All you need to do to maintain good heart health is to just make simple but significant changes to your lifestyle. By doing so, you end up minimising the risk factors associated with heart disease such as coronary artery disease.
The lifestyle changes that you must make for a healthy heart are:
1. Be physically active - Research by Harvard University shows that watching television for 2 hours a day can increase your chances of developing heart disease by 15%. But if you exercise or indulge in some kind of physical activity for about 30 minutes every day, you can significantly improve the health of your heart as any kind of physical activity improves your blood circulation as well as blood pressure.
2. Maintain a healthy body weight - Having a low body weight or a high one can also put you at risk of getting heart disease. For a good heart health, you need to protect it from fatigue and damage. By keeping your weight at an optimum level, your blood circulation, as well as body fluids, end up working efficiently, protecting your heart from unnecessary strain.
3. Have a balanced diet - Foods that are low in calories but high in fibre and nutrients are what your heart needs to stay healthy. A very common cause of heart disease is the consumption of high cholesterol foods like processed meats, desserts, etc. Including seafood like tuna or salmon, whole grains, fruits and vegetables, and lean proteins such as chicken and fish to your diet can reduce your risk of developing heart disease.
4. Manage stress - Stress is another factor that causes you to have poor heart health. To prevent the damaging effect that stress can have on your heart, exercising is what you should do. This is because when you exercise, you release endorphins (brain chemicals that trigger a feel-good feeling in your body), which help in improving your physical and mental makeup. Additionally, exercising has also been found to reduce your chances of dying from a heart attack.
5. Quit smoking - Research reveals that smoking raises your chance of getting heart disease by about 2-4 times. It causes plaque (fatty deposits) to accumulate and harden in your arteries, making your heart to exert itself harder than normal. By kicking the habit, you reduce the strain that is caused to your lungs, thereby to your heart. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist.