Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. ShraddhaYour feedback matters!
I am about 24 years old male. I face following problems 1. Head and eye ache from last 2 month. I have consulted a eye specialist 1 month ago and I am still taking medicine advised by him, but yet the is remains about the same. 2. Sneezing, pain in chest, back and throat, cough, sardi-jukam, coldness time to time, the problem increases coldness increases and whenever I make hand practice. 3. I don't get clear bathroom, though I it regularly. 4. I feel ache sometime in my urinal (penis) also. Dear Doctors please suggest me ayurvedic treatment and other thing as you think good and better for me. Thank you.
Hello, I have a problem of squint Eye or Lazy eye problem.Suggest me some exercise to practice with my eyes.
I am 20 years old I use smartphone a lot Mostly I read book in it. From last week my left eye had been in moisture. What should I do?
What are the symptoms of bacterial conjunctivitis and how can we prevent it from spreading from one person to another.
My eyes number is increase. I change my glasses in various times and take various expensive medicine but not see results. please tell me how I can manage my eyes number?
I HAVE problems in my eye. In study time my irritate and so feel painful water are also come out from my eyes.
I have a 2.5 eye site problem. I will want to reduce that by a laser treatment. Is it write way or not?
Sir, actually meri eyes weak hai or no. Bhi badh raha hai, mujhe lagta hai sayad ye mere regular mobile or laptop use Karne ki wajah se hai, sir suggest me ki me kya karu ya kya khaun jisse no. Stop kiya ja sake.
My eyes swells in every alternate 10 days and get cure in 2 to 3 day automatically how to cure this?
My both eye sight is _ 6. Something I want again nomal eye sight whai I do and were is a best treatment without painfully and how much cost for this treatment without face any problems in future.
Dear doctors my sister is 17 years old. She is suffering from cataract in both eye. She will be operated soon. With due respect, I want to ask , what is the complication after surgery in future through out the life. Is she become like healthy eye person or she faced complication. Kindly and the query.
While red bloodshot eyes may look worrisome at first sight, it is not a cause of concern all the time. There are benign, short-lasting bouts that will disappear on their own to serious medical reasons that could require intervention.
Listed below are some common causes and ways to manage red eyes.
- Conjunctivitis: The most common cause of red or pink eye is a conjunctivitis infection of the membrane covering the sclera. The blood vessels are irritated and give the eye a red hue. This is contagious and very common in children, needs to be treated with antibiotic drops based on the cause.
- Allergy: Be it pollen, dust, dander, or some other chemicals, eyes could be sensitive to it and get inflamed and take on a red color. This can be treated with a combination of prevention by avoiding exposure to the allergen (which causes the allergy) and some antihistamine drops if required.
- Contact lenses: Extended or improper use of contact lenses is the main reason for red eyes in contact lens users. There is reduced lubrication, increased accumulation of dust and microbes if the lens is not removed at frequent intervals. Removal of the lens and visits to the doctor are important things for managing it.
- Computer Vision Syndrome: With people spending a large amount of time staring at computer screens, tablets and phone screens, the dryness in the eyes increase, thereby, leading to red eyes. The reduced blinking when working on computers also affects the condition. It is therefore very important to take conscious breaks to stare away from the monitors and use special glasses if required. In some cases, eye drops may also be required.
- Occupational Hazard: For people working outdoors, conditions such as dust, heat, smoke, and dry air increase the chances of red eyes. Reducing exposure as much as possible and use of protective eyewear is extremely essential.
- Dry Eye Syndrome: The tear glands are a constant source of lubrication for the eyes and also cleanse the eyes from the minute dust particles and other irritants. For various reasons, the tears produced may not be sufficient and can lead to red eyes. Artificial tear substitute could be used for managing this.
Some benign reasons like swimming, smoking, lack of sleep, pregnancy, common cold also produce bloodshot eyes. On the other hand, corneal ulcer, uveitis, ocular herpes, glaucoma, and other medical conditions could also lead to red eyes.
If it persists for more than 2 days, is painful, and is associated with discharge or sensitivity to light, it is important to seek medical help, especially if associated with injury or trauma.
Related Tip: "Natural Remedies For Better Eyesight"