Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shobitha S S
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shobitha S SYour feedback matters!
My periods were from October 2 to October 5. I had a protected sex with my friend on October 10 night. I took i-pill next morning October 11 within 12 hrs. What are the chances of me getting pregnant?
Your body starts sending signals well before a condition can assume a critical state, and hence it becomes essential to listen to your body to avoid getting into complications. Internal haemorrhoids, less painful than external haemorrhoids, can worsen over time if left untreated and can result in bleeding.
The term haemorrhoids, commonly known as piles, refer to inflamed and swollen veins in the anus and the rectum that cause bleeding and discomfort, especially during sitting and bowel movements. When the blood veins inside of the rectum become engorged and swollen, it is referred to as internal haemorrhoid.
When internal haemorrhoids take moderate to severe form, they require surgery. Here is a closer look at the surgical options available for treating internal haemorrhoids.
- Closed hemorrhoidectomy: Closed hemorrhoidectomy is the most common surgical procedure used for treating internal haemorrhoids. In this case, excision of the haemorrhoid bundles is performed by using sharp instruments like electrocautery or scalpel or scissors, followed by complete closure of the wound with absorbable suture. Closed hemorrhoidectomy has a success rate of around 95% for treating internal haemorrhoids completely.
- Open Hemorrhoidectomy: In this surgical procedure, hemorrhoidal tissues are excised in the same way as that of the closed hemorrhoidectomy. The only difference here is that the incision is not closed but left open. Open hemorrhoidectomy is usually performed at such locations where the closing of the wound is difficult or may have a high risk of postoperative infections. Depending on the requirement of the patient's internal haemorrhoid conditions, a combination of both closed and open hemorrhoidectomy may be carried out.
- Stapled Hemorrhoidectomy: Stapled hemorrhoidectomy, also known as hemorrhoidopexy, is another surgical procedure where a stapling device of circular shape is used for excising a circumferential ring portion of the excess tissues of internal haemorrhoid. This procedure helps to lift the haemorrhoids back in their normal position inside the anal canal. This surgical technique is comparatively a new addition to the surgical treatment options for internal haemorrhoid treatment. Stapled haemorrhoidectomy is most widely accepted technique of haemorrhoidectomy. Advantages of this technique are:
- There is a minimal pain after surgery.
- There is minimal or no bleeding after surgery.
- Patients can resume their routine activities after 2-3 days.
- There is no external wound or scar after this surgery.
- Rubber Band Ligation: Rubber band ligation surgery doesn’t require anaesthesia and can be performed for treating internal haemorrhoids. Here, a rubber band is used around the base area of haemorrhoid that is there inside the rectum, which helps in cutting off the blood circulation making haemorrhoid wither away within weeks. However, banding isn’t suggested for those who take blood thinners as it may increase bleeding complications.
- Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy: In lateral internal sphincterotomy, the muscles of the inner anal sphincter are opened. This surgical procedure is for those patients with internal haemorrhoids who have high resting pressure on the sphincters. Though rarely used, this surgical method doesn't cause much pain after the operation.
A gastroenterology surgeon can determine the suitable surgery option only after a thorough analysis of one's physical health, and the condition and complications of the internal haemorrhoids. While sometimes, laparoscopic surgeries do help, for some a more traditional open kind of internal haemorrhoid surgery may become necessary. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Do yoga exercise delay periods? What if I have right abdomen pain not on regular basis but most of the time. Is it a side effect of any kind of pill I took in my past or another problem?
I have pain in my left breast from last 2 days in one point only. Last night i woke up because of these pain.
I am 18 years old girl my breast is very small I wear 28 bra size so please tell how I increase my breast and I masturbate 4 times in weak so please tell me it is harmful or not and when I masturbate there is no liquid come from vagina so please tell me the reason and solution.
Question:- I was taking Doris 30 for 21days (on my third day of the period cycle, I was supposed to take the medicine for continuous 21days but I forgot to take it yesterday. So I don't know whether I have to start again or I can continue with the tablet for remaining days.
18 year old female 21 day birth control pills taken before having sex right? And please recommend a effectively working emergency pill.
Here are 6 mistakes women frequenty make without realising it-
1) Not Initiating Sex: It is a myth that women are not interested in sex as much as men. Neither should men have to be the traditional intiators. In fact, because most guys feel that they are always the initiators, it tends to set up disequilibrium on the passion levels in the relationship. Women must show interest by taking the first step every now and then. Your partner will really appreciate it, and it will also be very satisfying for you.
2) Not Guiding Him: It might be awkward for a woman to directly talk about what she wants, but it is the only way to lead your man to understand what works for you. If you let your man know what you like and what you do not, it is easier for him and makes for a good experience for both.
3) Bothering About Your Looks: Accept and appreciate your body. Concerns about how you look, during intercourse stops you from enjoying yourself and ruins your chances of achieving an orgasm. Men want their partners to abandon themselves during the act. All they really care about is your enthusiasm, energy, interest and flexibity.
4) Assuming Men Are Casual About It: It is a myth that men are not romantic or take sex casually. It is important for them. Both men and women find sexual intimacy in the context of a committed relationship to be much more satisfying.
5) Assuming He Should Be Up For It Always: There are many aspects of life that men, just like you, deal with daily. The pressures of daily rouitne -- work, family, bills – sometimes affects a man’s libido. Women tend to be surprised by this and often take a man’s lack of interest in sex personally. Give your man space to be and accept things naturally.
6) Getting Upset When He Suggests Something New: Men like to experiement. And if he suggests something new that you cannot appreciate, try to convey it in a very subtle manner. Do not get upset. Always talk about your comfort level and discuss openly about moral grounds.
Have any further questions on your sexual health and relationships? Click on consult privately to ask me.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.