Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shobitha S SYour feedback matters!
I DELIVERED BABY'S ONE MONTH BACK. I HAVE UNWANTED HAIR GROWTH ON MY FACE. EARLIER TO MY PREGNANCY I had pcos. PLEASE SUGGEST THE BEST FOR ME.
Colitis is characterized by an inflammation of the large intestine (colon). It is generally caused due to reduced blood supply, autoimmune reactions (wherein the immune system erroneously starts attacking the body’s healthy tissues) and infections in the large intestine.
Symptoms of colitis
1. Presence of blood traces in the stool.
2. Acute colitis can itself be a symptom of hemorrhoids (inflamed and swollen veins in the anus or the rectum)
3. Tenesmus (constant urge to empty the bowels) is also quite common
4. Occurrence of abdominal pain in regular intervals, thus resulting in diarrhea
5. Constant abdominal pain
6. Fever and sudden chills throughout the day
Types of colitis
1. Inflammatory bowel disease: This condition is characterized by inflammation of the intestines or all the parts of one’s digestive tract
2. Microscopic colitis: This involves inflammation of the large intestine (colon), resulting in a cramping sensation that can be painful
3. Chemical colitis: This condition is caused due to prolonged exposure to certain harsh chemicals which results in intestinal swelling and inflammation
4. Ischemic colitis: The most common form of colitis, this occurs mainly due to an insufficient blood supply to the large intestine
5. Infectious colitis: Caused due to certain bacterial or parasitic infections
Treatment for colitis
1. Medications such as acetaminophen and ibuprofen can be recommended to ease the pain
2. The drug ‘Loperamide’ can control the diarrhea. However, this should not be consumed if there is presence of blood in the stool
3. Colitis reduces your appetite. Thus, it is important to maintain a healthy diet in this regard. Avoid consuming dairy products or high fiber foods because they further inflame the large intestine.
4. Colectomy (surgically removing a part of the whole of the colon) is recommended in the most severe of cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.
Good evening, I am Dr Anju Yadav and I am working as a Fertility specialist at Bourn Hall Fertility, Gurgaon. So, today I am going to speak about common myths which are there among people about IVF.
Some of the common Myths about IVF-
- The most common misconception is related to bed rest. Some people feel that prolonged bed rest will help increase the chance of getting pregnant. But scientifically it is not true and there is no evidence till date that bed rest help in increasing the chances of pregnancy. In fact, some studies have shown that if you do bed rest for a long time, it will re distribute the blood flow to your pelvic organs and it might decrease the chances of getting pregnant. Hence, it is always advisable to resume your routine physical activity. After embryo transfer, we medically always advise our patients to refrain from strenuous physical activities but it is actually recommended to resume your routine physical activities.
- The second prevalent misconception about IVF is that if you go for IVF, IVF will lead to your early menopause. This is again not true. Females are born with the fixed number of eggs and that can vary from lakhs to millions and females do not produce new eggs. So, when the female start menstruating every month, few of these eggs start growing and one of them will grow mature and ovulate while rest of the eggs will die in this process. So, ultimately every month we are going to lose some eggs. It does not matter whether we are trying to get pregnant or we go for IUI, IVF but some of the eggs are going to be lost. It is not like IVF will deplete your eggs, in fact, IVF is very safe and effective procedure and there are no ill- lasting effects in your body.
- Some patients think that IVF causes ovarian cancer. It is again a myth because first IVF baby was born in 1978 and till then researches are being done on this topic and there is no evidence found till now that it causes Ovarian cancer. So, there is no need to be afraid of myths. It is very safe and effective treatment.
If you want to know more about IVF procedure, you can contact me on Lybrate.
Hi Doctor, Im newly married of only one month. We just had only one time unprotected sex. So is it necessary to take pill to avoid pregnancy.
I'm 34 years old. Since 1 month I'm experiencing excess white discharge and pain during urinating and sometimes itching. Please give some suggestion.
I have two children and my wife is pregnant again now I don't want more kids can I have solution for this.
My sister married since 7 years back, still she is not getting pregnant, since her menstrual cycle was so irregular like 5months late it will come, by this way she is not getting pregnant?
Hello, I am 92 kg, 29 years old, I have pcod, vit B12, vit D deficiency, anaemia,have pains and pricking like sensations in foot soul legs, pains in joints and muscles. Unable to walk, the heel region is pretty much painful, unable to stand for long hours lack of stamina, feel so lethargic and exhausted. I am a vegetarian, I dnt eat meat not even boiled eggs. Pls advice .I am using homeopathic medicines from 8 months but my periods are not regularised. Do homeopathy has permanent solution? Pls suggest calcium diet, to improve haemoglobin level, vit B12, good fibre diet (which kind of millets can be used for weight loss), foods for weight loss pls.
I am 46 yeas, Till last year I was having my periods at 26 days interval but since 1 year it is 22 to 24 days but this month I had once in 10 days pls suggest me what should I do I am also suffering from sever mood swing, uncontrollable crying spells, I am taking ashwagandha tablets from last 2 months.
25/M hello doctors . I take soya milk almost everyday . Around 300 ml each day. I have heard that soya milk is bad for male fertility and reproduction . I have also heard that it is good for the body as it is rich in proteins . Please clear my confusion on this .
A good posture makes you stand tall. The right body posture is crucial for a healthy and strong, disease-free body. A correct body posture can help to alleviate all kinds of problems that might arise due to the practice of wrong posture such as chronic neck pain, back pain, and headache among others. Here’s how to avoid some of the common posture blunders:
You may know that sitting for long hours is bad for your health, but sitting hunched over the computer screen is especially harmful for your spine. When you’re in this posture, the chest muscles of your body tighten causing the top of the spinal column to form a C-shape. This can lead to pain in the back, shoulder and neck. To prevent your spine from curving in this manner, you can do the bhujangasana pose to strengthen your back.
2. Forward head
Likewise, sitting in a stooped manner in front of the computer can cause the problem of forward head and associated neck pain. Performing head nods on a daily basis can provide respite from the ache. For this, move your head towards the neck until your chin touches your neck. Hold on to this position for 5 seconds before going back to your original position. Repeat as needed.
3. Rounded shoulders
Intense training of the chest muscles or typing while not sitting straight can cause your shoulders to swivel forward, leading to rounded shoulders. This can prevent your arms from working at their full capacity while running or hamper your breathing ability while performing strenuous activities. One of the ways that you can fix this postural blunder is by doing some stretching exercises to relax your chest muscles.This workout can be easily done anywhere, as all you need is a doorway. Position your arms against one side of the doorway with your elbows bent at 90 degrees. Then, stretch your chest and shoulder muscles by placing your foot through the doorway. Hold the posture for about 30 seconds Whether your postural problem is mild or severe, it can affect your overall health and performance.
Wrong posture can cause you to experience skeletal system disorders such as kyphosis (outward curving of the spine) or lordosis (inward curving of the spine). If not corrected in time, the wrong body posture can also impact your self-confidence.
In this scorching heat, it makes us feel so hot, tired and dehydrated.
Everyone suggests us to drink a lot of water but somehow we don't like plain water and we add artificial flavours to it to quench our thirst or we opt for soft drinks/sodas. But it doesn't help.
What we need in this summer is Coconut Water.
Coconut water is a very refreshing drink to beat tropical summer thirst. Its liquid is packed with simple sugars, electrolytes, and minerals to replenish dehydration conditions inside the human body.
Coconut water replaces the fluid loss from the gastrointestinal tract and to reduce the need for hospitalisation.
The osmolarity of tender coconut water is slightly greater than that of WHO recommended ORS (Oral Rehydration Therapy) solution.
The presence of other biological constituents like amino acids, enzymes, minerals, and fatty acids may account for this higher osmolarity. Nonetheless, unlike WHO-ORS, its water is very low in sodium and chlorides , but rich in sugars and amino acids. This well-balanced fluid composition, along with much-needed calories, would be an ideal drink instead of any other kind of soft drink beverages available in the markets to correct dehydration conditions.
I am 21 year old girl I didn't have physical contact with anyone bt still I am nt able to find hymen. Is it normal or suspicious. I am using v wash for more than three years. Is it related?
I am 21 years old. I am pregnant for approx 2 months bt we r not prepared to continue this bt there is a problem that I have already aborted 3 times past. So what need to do plss suggest me.
One of the essential chemical processes within the human body is that of the oxygenation of the blood. This needs to be done to carry oxygen to the various vital organs and also continue with many of the essential functions within the body.
The lungs are responsible for transferring oxygen throughout the body, and the malfunctioning of lungs may cause many issues with the normal functioning of the processes. A common ailment that affects the lungs is pulmonary fibrosis, also known as idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis or scarring of the lungs.
What is Pulmonary Fibrosis?
Pulmonary fibrosis is the scarring of the tissues inside the lungs of a patient. This scarring results in the development of excess tissue, which causes the walls of the lungs to thicken, giving rise to breathing difficulties.
Some of the symptoms of pulmonary fibrosis are-
- Shortness of breath
- Pain in joint and muscles
- Continuous dry coughing
- Inability to exert or take even the slightest bit of physical strain
- Lack of appetite which results in unintentional weight loss
- The rounding of finger and toe tips, which is known as clubbing
Pulmonary fibrosis has various stages and thus, it is important to detect it early or else it can put stresses on other vital organs.
Some of the causes for it are mentioned below:
- Smoking - Cigarettes, cigars, and beedi are a leading cause of pulmonary fibrosis as they directly affect the lungs by depositing harmful chemicals and thus, cause scarring.
- Environmental or occupational hazards - People working in a heavy glass or dust particulate environment such as in heavy industrial factories are also susceptible as they breathe in the particles, which may cause scarring.
- Medicinal triggers - Certain medications can be a trigger due to hormonal or other physical changes and as a side effect may cause scarring of the lungs.
- Genetic factors - Certain people are genetically predisposed to this condition if multiple members within the family have it as well.
- Acid reflux diseases - Certain acid reflux problems may also cause scarring when drops of stomach acids enter the lung through the esophageal tract. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pulmonologist.