Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Shobha YathishYour feedback matters!
Recurrent mouth ulcer. check pain throat pain, blood Last prescribed medicine Nioaq SG M/P Chlorech T. dexorange T.Juvincive Still there ia no recovery yet.
I have fever for last three days is it symptoms of malaria or dengue? How to recognize the symptoms of this fever?
I am feeling tired nowadays without doing much work. Nd having severe headache problem. Can you help me in this?
I am 24 years old my penis size is small and I have to increase my penis size, I never satisfy my partner so plzz suggest me to increase the penis size.
Hi 8 months back visited massage parlour and girl did Handjob without condom. Tested for HIV at 4 months 5 months 7 months and after 8 months. All got negative. Also at 5 months tested for herpes and vdrl hepatitis b. Got negative. This is the only encounter in my life and am virgin. Weather am free from HIV and other std now? Can I get cmv and ebv from Handjob?
Sir I am suffering from Fever. I am eating all type of Medicine but it does not work for me. Sir please tell me the best medicine name of the fever.
I have infection on my penis glan. Doctor advice sucralfate with mupirocin ointment .and medicines bybi can't not get rid of it.
If my girlfriend have its regular periods on 24 july till 26 or 27 then can I perform sex wid her on 28 29 30.
I have mucus in stool and I am taking medicines for this. Can I take egg whites, or boiled chicken for my protein requirements because I go gym regularly?
Hi sir/mam my boy friend he is affecting from stomach ache, bitterness of mouth, brownish uriniery and body smell within 5minutes after bathing can you say what is the problem with him.
Sir, How to stop masturbation, I masturbate daily I can't stop myself from doing it. What should I do?
I am 25 year old I have a shakiness of hands problem if I get nervous my hands will be shaking very much even while drinking hot things my hands will be shaking can you please help me out from this problem.
The bones and joints orchestrate very well with each other for smooth movements of various joints and the spine. However, due to various reasons, some identified and others unknown, there could be inflammation of the areas where the bones join the muscles leading to impaired movement. The range of motion could be reduced or it could be painful, thereby, limiting movement. Spondyloarthritis includes a group of inflammatory diseases that involves the bones and joints and enthuses which are areas where the ligaments and tendons attach to the bones. This causes conditions like plantar fasciitis, ankylosing spondylitis, psoriatic arthritis and reactive arthritis. The term spondyloarthritis is a blanket term to describe any of the above-mentioned conditions.
Read on to know a little more in detail about it:
Causes: While the exact etiology is not identified for sure, most patients with spondyloarthritis have an autosomal dominant gene (HLA-B27). Chronic infections could trigger the onset of the disease too.
1. In all forms of spondyloarthritis, there is always inflammation of the spine, joints and entheses. If the fingers or toes are involved, there could be swelling leading to what are typically known as 'sausage digits'.
2. There is sacroiliitis which is inflammation of the joint between the pelvis and the spine, and spondylitis which is inflammation of the joints between the spines. 3. Family history and autosomal dominant gene.
A detailed medical history and physical examination form the cornerstone of a confirmed diagnosis. In addition, radiographic examination and diagnostic blood tests also could be done to confirm the diagnosis. Radiographs, especially, of the spine and the low back show typical changes including sacroilitis in suspected cases of spondyloarthritis. If the spine does not show these changes, but there is a high likelihood of spondyloarthritis, then MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) can be used to confirm the diagnosis.
As a final step, a blood test for the HLA-B27 gene can also be confirmatory. However, it is not true that a person with the gene will definitely develop the disease.
- The most important aspect of treatment is the use of pain medications and anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) which help manage pain and inflammation.
- Corticosteroid injections may sometimes be given directly into the joint spaces or the membranes to provide quick relief of these symptoms.
- ESWT / RSWT has a definite role to cure enthesopathy. Plantar fasciitis, and achillodynia can be cured with ESWT. Even small joints of hand and feet are amenable to treatment with RSWT. It is nonoperative and noninvasive treatment and has no side effects.
- Very rarely, stronger drugs such as methotrexate or sulfasalazine may be used.
- Another set of drugs known as TNF-blockers (tumor necrotizing factor blockers) are also shown to be highly effective in controlling the pain of the spine and joints.
- In very severe cases, surgery may be required to correct joint damages or correct severe degenerative changes.
- Exercise plays a very vital role in controlling the issue and improving range of motion. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.