Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shobha VenkatYour feedback matters!
Doctors believe that all women are born with a certain quantity of eggs as well as chances of conception. Also, all bodies are unique with individual strengths and weaknesses. Fertility tests can help in unravelling a number of issues as well as the health of your reproductive system as a whole. It is important to address various lifestyle issues in order to retain your fertility and ensure that you have a hassle free conception. Read on to know more about the ways in which you can preserve your fertility.
- Oral health: There are a number of medical studies that go as far as suggesting that the state of the woman’s oral health is a significant factor when it comes to the proper functioning of her reproductive system. Many women who have required treatment for infertility are said to have suffered from oral health problems like inflammation and gum disease. One needs to avoid these issues so as to have more reproductive success. So, it is important to brush and floss on a regular basis in order to have better oral and reproductive health.
- Food: When we are talking about oral health, how can food intake be too far behind? In order to maintain good oral health, it is important to take care of your eating habits. One should steer clear of excessive sugary food intake as well as junk food intake which end up harming the gums as well as the overall system of the patient. Also, you must avoid eating processed carbohydrates like white bread and white rice. It is also a good idea to get your proteins from plant sources rather than animal sources. Furthermore, it is also a good option to strike trans fat off the list and to pick unsaturated fats instead. This kind of a diet is known as low glycemic diet which keeps the sugar levels stable. This helps in boosting all body functions in general, including one’s fertility.
- Smoking: As per a number of medical studies, about 13 per cent of the infertility cases are linked with excessive smoking. Tobacco has an adverse effect on the state of your fertility, and it usually makes the eggs deteriorate at a much faster rate. It can also cause early miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy, which is a dangerous condition where the egg gets lodged in the fallopian tube. Smoking can also bring about early menopause.
- Vitamin supplements: Many doctors suggest that once a woman has entered her child bearing years, it is important to start taking multivitamins as these contain folic acid. Folic acid is an important nutrient that helps in foetal growth and stimulates ovulation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
My daughter having PCOD Problem age 17 yrs, Weight 96 kgs, She is under Treatment last 2 months with gyenic doctor, and doing Physical exercises in a gym, now she is loose her weight 6 kgs in three months. How much period she wants Treatment.
My wife (49) suffering from heavy bleeding problem during menstruation and her period comes two or three times in a month. Local doctor advice me to do USG. I did it where 2.2 x 1.9 cm size fibroid seen in fundus with mild impingement on endometrium cavity of uterus. Do I need to do any operation or medicine can handle the problem?
I have polycystic ovarian disease I want information about it how to resolve this issue as soon as possible.
Hi, actually my wife had period last night. But it was not the same type that she had before. Actually it was lot of bleeding and pain in abdomen. Her period was delayed for one week. Actually I want to know what is the reason of that much bleeding and bleeding. I am worried about that. It is very difficult to get Doctor on Sunday. Could you please tell the reason.
Hai doctor can I take metformin and Normoz tablet together. I have one baby ,she is turning to 5.After that I had three abortions. I started Normoz and that is the time I got pregnant on last time. But it is ended up with miscarriage. Did all the investigations but no reason .So now doctor is telling implantation failure is the reason. I completed one dose of intralipid infusion also. Finish with ovulation induction ,used clomid ,menogone and overall. But did not get pregnant ,i started my period on 24 /11/16. So my question is I am already on metformin 500 mg bd, so can I take Normoz also together with this. Please give me a suggestion.
Penis mai mere dryness hogaya hai sex k baad wife ko itching white, discharge or urine mai jalan ki problem hojata hai Dr. Ko dikaya dawai di likh k wife k liye or mere liye cream diya (alovera ya vensuia) wife ko baar baar ye problem hoti hai permanent solution dijiye please.
Hi I am 9 months pregnant and I have a 5 years baby girl and this moment we don't wanna have next baby now so wht shall I do can Unwanted kit will help me out.
Respected Doctor, my wife has 8 months pregnant while checking 8 months scan the internal organs bilateral setal renal penis are prominent (left 5 mm and right 5.6mm) so please suggest me the needful things.
How much time we can wait? In 9 month baby head is still floating and no symbol of labour pain. On 15-07-2016 nine month completed.
I am 28 year male and my wife also 28 married from six months and we are planning for a baby from these six months and after months my wife s periods got missed and we opt for test which was negative after that my wife consulted a gynaecologist nd she advised her mytol f for three months. During these 3 months my wife s periods got regulated. Now after these 3 months my wife again consulted the doctor where she advised her to stop usage of mytol f and prescribed chrominac a. Now she is taking chrominac a from the last 20 days again she got missed period and we apparently opted for and which unfortunately shows negative result. My question is what should I do now should I wait little more for one more test r should I consult a doctor again. Nd also my wife's thyroid was also nt in rite frame and she was taking medicine for that for 3 months. I also got her thyroid tests which shows tsh 5.59.
Keep in mind vitamins, minerals, and herbal supplements can be helpful in getting severe inflammatory acne under control.
Hello doctor. I am 3rd month pregnant. My doctor prescribed progesterone tablet every day. Im using it. How many days I can take progesterone tablet. Upto which month? Everyone take progesterone tablet in their pregnancy r only some of them have to take.
Hello Doctor, I had sex with prostitute (Safe sex only-used Condom). Before sex I was touching her private part (Don't remember which finger I used. I did not do fingering (I think only if she cums then it means fingering was done, As far as I remember there was no fluid from her private part). The problem is I had PEELED/BROKEN skin due to cold with paper cut in my middle finger. I was just caressing her private part. As I do not remember which finger I used, is there possibility for HIV transmission if I had used Middle finger? After coming back home I washed my hands, at that time in my middle finger there was small bleeding (But only after washing, not before that). Please help me and I am confused totally due to this.
I have problem with my monthly periods. Date is not fixed and bleeding is too less. I have scars on my face I wish to have plain skin. Please give satisfying answers. Thank you.
I am 22 year old. Married for 2 years. Have endometriosis on both ovary. Usg reports attached. My husband has oligoasthenoteratozoospermia. My hormone levels are normal. AMH is 2.93 and ovulation is proper. We have taken the opinion of two doctors. One doctors opinion was to do laparoscopy for me and tablets for him. And try to conceive within 6 months after lapro. The other one put forward the option of ivf. But is ivf the ultimate option? Can laparoscopy be helpful for me to conceive? Which opinion could be better? Does doing laparoscopy damage ovary or decrease the hormonal levels?
I'm 23 female. I'm not married. I dint get my periods for last 3 months I consulted a doctor and took tablets. Now I feel like my heart is beating faster. The feel is like" My heart gonna come through my throat. Is this side effect of those tablet?
What is vaginitis?
Vaginitis refers to infections of the vagina. This condition results in inflammation of the muscular walls of the vagina due to contamination of bacteria, yeast or viruses and results in itching, soreness, reddening and pain of the vagina along with pungent odors and unusual discharge.
Vaginitis is a common medical condition that affects all women at some point in their lives. Most of the time, the problem is not severe and can be easily treated with simple remedies. But if the symptoms become chronic and remain persistent, it requires the immediate attention of a gynecologist.
What are the different types of vaginitis?
There are a number of different types of this condition, which have varying causes and symptoms. Some of the most common types of vaginitis are as follows:
1. Bacterial vaginosis
This is caused by the explosive growth of the bacteria that is usually present in small numbers in the vagina under normal conditions.
2. Yeast infection
A type of fungus is known as candida Albicans causes this type of infection.
3. Vaginal atrophy
This generally occurs after menopause and is caused by falling estrogen levels.
This type of injection is sexually transmitted and caused by parasitic infestation.
What are the symptoms of vaginitis?
Common symptoms of vaginitis include the following:
1.Vaginal discharge with unusual colors or odors
2. The occurrence of pain during urination
3.The occurrence of pain during intercourse
4. Itching, swelling and irritation of the vagina
5. Vaginal bleeding and spotting
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Dry fruits undoubtedly are great energy foods that are loaded with vital nutrients like minerals and vitamins. Anjeer or fig is one of the most popularly used dry fruit, and has multiple benefits. So, it's essential to include this fruit in your diet. Anjeer or fig can be consumed in multiple ways.
First is, by sun drying it and having it raw. You can even store this dried fig throughout the year. People across the country love the milk shake of Kaju Anjeer. For which, you need to soak some figs and add them along with cashews to the milk. Alternatively, you can even roughly cut them and add to your salads. The most delicious way to have figs is by adding them in your desserts. You can also make sweets like barfi and peda (milk sweet) with this healthy ingredient.
Here are 9 health benefits of this super fruit:
- Controls blood pressure and ageing: Figs are rich in potassium, which negates the effect of sodium and helps in controlling blood pressure. They can also help in controlling ageing effects by providing you enough iron, estrogen, etc. This keeps your hormones in check and boosts your energy as well. Figs are also great for skin and hair and nails. Mashed figs applied on the face can prevent acne.
- Helps in weight management: Moderate amount of figs can help in controlling weight. They are rich in fiber, and therefore eating figs is a good way to keep junk and fried foods at bay. When in the mood for a light snack, pick figs and they will make you feel full, at the same time, but in a healthy way.
- Heart healthy food: Figs reduce the amount of triglycerides in the blood. Triglycerides are the culprit for inducing heart disease as they are fat particles which accumulate along the blood vessel and cause heart attacks.
- Reduces chances of cancer: Figs are rich in antioxidants and therefore help in controlling release of free radicals and chronic inflammation. The free radicals are the ones responsible for chronic inflammation including cancer, heart disease, and diabetes. Figs are therefore believed to have a preventive effect on these chronic health conditions.
- Controls blood sugar: The chlorogenic acid present in figs helps in reducing blood sugar levels in diabetics. Potassium which is found in abundance in figs also plays a good role in control of blood sugar levels.
- Improves bone health: Calcium is the main ingredient required for healthy bones, and figs are a good natural source for this. While dairy products are a good source, they are not alone sufficient, and figs can be a good second-line supplement.
- Aids in constipation: Being rich in fiber, figs are good for intestinal motility and can prevent constipation. The fiber provides roughage, aiding in good bowel movements
- Keeps the reproductive system in check: Figs are rich in minerals like magnesium, zinc, and manganese which contribute to vitality and fertility. Figs can be soaked in milk and consumed or eaten in other forms as mentioned above. So, if you're pregnant or planning a baby, do include this super food in your diet.
- Prevent kidney stones: Boil some figs in water and once cool, this water can be consumed for a few days to prevent kidney stones. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.