Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shobha VenkatYour feedback matters!
I am getting menstrual cycle irregular because of something when I eat eggs or chicken what should I do?
Hi , I am 25 year old, I am married, I feel pain in my private part during sex with my husband. We have complete 7 month of marriage. I am not pregnant. Please solve my problem.
Sometimes getting pregnant is not a very easy task, and may end up taking a long time. But once you’ve decided to start a family of your own, it becomes harder to wait for it to happen. Here are 5 things you can do increase your chances of getting pregnant.
1. Have missionary sex at least once every 2-3 days
The key is to have regular unprotected sex for over a year. The success rate for this is 84%. It is advised that you have sex every two to three days in every month of the year, and it’s not necessary to stick to only those days for having sex when the woman is ovulating. Further, a spiced up sex life can increase your chances of the girl getting pregnant.
As for the position, the missionary position works best as it helps the sperm on travelling through the cervix, which in any other position proves to be difficult. You can make the path of the sperm even easier by placing a cushion under the woman as it tilts the uterus, allowing the sperm to travel through more easily.
2. Keeping track of the ovulation period
Even though regular sex throughout the month is advised, it is certainly more fruitful to know your cycle. You can only get pregnant when the sperm meets the egg, and the egg is only released around the 14th day in your cycle. This egg lives only for a day or two, so you have a limited window when you can actually get pregnant. Typically this window is approximately of 6 days, so it’s best to have sex in this period. But it’s important not get obsessive and put too much pressure to have sex on these days as the stress can reduce sperm quality. So be mindful of it and still enjoy the activity rather than being obsessive. There are several free apps that you can download to help you track your cycle.
3. Ensuring the sperm health
Cutting down on coffee, cigarettes and alcohol and maintaining an ideal weight as well as increasing the consumption of folic acid are necessary steps to ensure healthy and fertile sperm quality. Alcohol reduces sperm production, smoking causes low sperm count and slow-moving sperm, while being overweight can affect a man’s libido and performance. The same goes for caffeine or drinks that contain a high amount of soda. Besides, prolonged exposure to heat on the testicular area should also be avoided to ensure that the man’s sperm is healthy. So avoid keeping laptops on your lap, saunas and jacuzzis, hot baths, steam rooms, long drives or wearing tight underwear.
4. Try de-stressing
Psychological preparedness is as important as physical preparedness to maximise your chances of getting pregnant. These days couples lead very hectic and stressful lifestyles in which trying to get pregnant can only add to their stress levels. Increased stress lowers egg passage in women. Besides, trying too hard to get pregnant and the stress that it creates is the reason behind 30% of all infertility problems. In such cases, destressing by exercising, yoga, meditation or acupuncture is a good idea.
5. Don’t put off having a baby for too long
Women are at their peak fertile period in their early twenties, but these days many women opt for starting a family at a later age. Having a baby post the age of 30 can pose problems as fertility levels tend to drop. Post the age of 31 fertility in women drops by 3% per year and continues at the same rate till 35. After the age of 35 the rate of decline accelerates.
Respected Doctors I have pcos. Nd I am taking metformin and folic acid. My LMP is 24-11-16. Today ultrasound is done and two sac of 9 mm nd 5 mm is found. But no yolk sac or fetal node is found. My concern is that I am not feeling pregnancy symptoms at all. Some days ago, I was feeling nausea. But from last two days all gone. please guide.
Irregular periods in 3 years and I have thyroid problem also so take thyronorm 25mcr tablets but no use please give me any suggestions for me I try all pills and corcese also but no use.
Is it safe to have sex without protection during the safe days of her cycle? It does not cause pregnancy? Please explain in detail. P. S: by safe days I mean the first 7 and last 7 days of her cycle. Can protection/contraceptives be avoided?
I am not having my periods since 3 months. I don't know what the problem is. I am not pregnant. Pls give some suggestions.
Winter brings with it a series of drastic weather changes, which influence your daily life considerably. At this time of the year, your body needs more warmth, coupled with energy giving food and stronger immunity to remain healthy.
How can chyawanprash keep you warmer and stronger in winter?
Chyawanprash is an Ayurvedic preparation with a jam like texture containing a variety of herbs that has a number of health benefits.
Chyawanprash affects your health positively in a number of ways, especially during winters. Read on to find out how the Ayurvedic product can be wonderful for your overall health and well-being during the cold winter days.
1. Boosts your immune system
When the weather begins to change and signals the onset of winter, the risk of fungal, viral and bacterial infections increase. During this time, consumption of chyawanprash strengthens your immunity and protects your from these conditions. The amla or Indian gooseberry content of the Ayurvedic preparation is enriched with vitamin C, and is acts as an immunity booster.
2. Keeps indigestion at bay
Your appetite naturally increases during the winters which often results in digestion problems. Chyawanprash helps your body to efficiently absorb the nutrients from the food you eat and aids in keeping the amount of stomach acids balanced. This in turn relieves you from conditions like constipation, nausea, flatulence, and diarrhoea.
3. Restores the moisture balance of your skin
Winter robs away the moisture from your skin and makes it dry and damaged. Chyawanprash is a preferred remedy for winters due to its phyto-nutrient and vitamin C content. This imparts your skin with a healthy glow and enhances your complexion by maintaining the correct moisture level.
Why you shouldn’t have chyawanprash in summers?
Ideally, chyawanprash can be consumed all year round but in India, Summers tend to get very hot and therefore it may not be a good idea due to following reasons :
1. Owing to the warm nature of chyawanprash it may generate excessive heat in your body and is thus best avoided during the summer
2. The warmth generated by chyawanprash in your body may result in rashes on the skin if consumed during the hot summer months
3. Intake of chyawanprash during summer may trigger pimples due to its property of trying to stabilise your hormonal imbalances
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I had been detected with both tubal block age at the end before 6 months but I had been trying for conception. This month my doc advised me forlaparoscopy. BT in this very month I was late on my periods n I found positive pregnancy test. Is it true or false result. Does this happens. please advice me my doc z out of country. N I am dying to know dis. please plz please answer soon.
When the vagina hurts and contracts involuntarily during the insertion of a foreign object, this is known as vaginismus. The muscles in the vagina tighten around the foreign object and causes pain, discomfort and a burning sensation. It is basically an involuntary spasm occurring in the vaginal muscles, which makes a penetration in the vagina almost impossible. Vaginismus works in a reflex mechanism, just like the eye shuts automatically when an object comes towards it.
Symptoms: Painful sex is the most basic symptom of vaginismus. Penetration initiates the pain, which usually goes away after withdrawal. Usually, you might think that your vagina is small because of which you are hurting on penetration. This causes the situation to go undetected. Many times, you might even feel discomfort during an internal pelvic examination or while using a tampon.
Causes: The actual cause of vaginismus is not known. Usually anxiety and the fear of having sex are stated as the causes of vaginismus. Sometimes medical causes like vaginal infections might also result in vaginismus.
Types: Vaginismus is of four different types, based on the time span of it occurring and on the object of penetration:
- Primary vaginismus: Suffering from vaginismus throughout life it called primary vaginismus.
- Secondary vaginismus: If you start suffering from it after having normal sex for quite some time then it is secondary vaginismus.
- Global vaginismus: When the pain starts with any foreign object penetrating the vagina, like a tampon or with internal pelvic examination instruments.
- Situational vaginismus: When the pain occurs with any one sex partner but not with the others.
Treatment: Vaginismus can be treated with exercise. If you do 20 kegels at a time every day, then vaginismus can be cured gradually.
I have done sex with my partner without any protection today. N today is the first day of my periods. So is their any chances of being pregnant. So is their aby chances of getting any diseases to me or my partner. Especially AIDS or any other diseases. please give precaution for it. Suggest something that we can do. So that we do not get any diseases or do not get pregnant. please answer as soon as possible. Its urgent. please say is their any chances of getting any disease?
My girl friend is 23 Years old. Her periods happens in 22 days, and occurs for 3 days. When I kiss her her vagina does not get wet. Her figure is sexy, 34-30-34, does these phenomenon are normal?
I am 19 girl. Doctor please suggest me how to get normal stool. From last two days ive passed today. What is the time duration of being normal. I even drink a lot of water. Morning empty stomach I am drinking mint leafs lemon in warm water from 2-3 days and bedtime honey lemon water from last 2 months Since 7-8 months I have less bleeding during periods within 2 days it has high bleeding and then till 6-7 days it turns to very very less. Is there any danger symptoms? I am very afraid please help me.
Hi, this is soujanya, my period is very regular till now, but this month it was late, that too from past 3 days low bleeding, I have any problem or am I pregnant please help me.
Getting hallucinations is a mental condition where a person sees, feels, hears, and tastes things that actually don't exist beyond one's heightened imagination or delusion. It involves the experience of perceiving something not present. Hallucinations can be pleasing or frightening. However, there is almost always an identifiable cause behind it.
They can be triggered by:
- Taking hallucinogenic or psychotropic substances
- Mental conditions like dementia and schizophrenia
- Neurological conditions like Alzheimer's disease or Parkinson's disease
- Macular degeneration, leading to loss of vision
- Migraines and brain tumor can also lead to such delusions
Some of the signs of hallucinations:
- Hearing voices: The medical term for hearing voices is called an 'auditory hallucination'. A person may sense sounds or noises coming from inside or outside of their mind. The noise might be random or disrupting. One might also feel the voices talking to each other or trying to tell them something. Most of the times, these voices come from inside the person's mind; or in some cases, one's heightened perception may make a normal noise delusional.
- Seeing things: This is also called visual hallucinations. For instance, one may see unnatural things like a floating chair in thin air. It all depends on a person's perception. Sometimes these hallucinations appear as bright flashy spots or rays of light.
- False sense of taste and smell: Technically, these are known as gustatory and olfactory hallucinations respectively. One may feel a kind of odor coming from one's body or surrounding; or a person might feel that something he/she is drinking or eating has an odd taste. This is again too much thinking, causing delusional sensory activities.
- Tactile hallucinations: This is when a person feels things that don't exist. One may feel that he/she is being touched or tickled even when no one else is around or that insects are crawling beneath the skin. One may experience strange sensations, which are not a part of a reality.
I am ninth month pregnant now. How can I get normal delivery with simple exercises. Can you pls tell me.
I got pregnant. Its only second month of my pregnancy. But my husband wants to sex with me. Is it right time for sex or we need to avoid some days more for sex. Please guide us.
Curd is a staple in every household in India; whether it is served with piping hot parathas or by itself after a meal. The simple food item is packed with a number of nutrients and helps in increasing the health benefits in your body.
Here are a few reasons why you should be eating curd, almost every day:
- Probiotics help in digestion: Curd, being rich in probiotics (good bacteria), improves digestion as it kills all the harmful bacteria in the digestive tract and aids the proliferation of good bacteria. Probiotics also help in the prevention of various digestive issues such as cramps, bloating and abdominal pain caused due to Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
- Promotes weight loss around the belly: A hormone called cortisol, also called the ‘stress hormone’ persuades the fat cells to produce more fat around your belly area. Consuming a cup of curd daily increases the amount of calcium in your body which limits the release of cortisol, thus, helping you lose weight. Curd also retains one-third of lean muscle mass which helps you maintain your physique post those dropped kilos for a longer time.
- Curd strengthens your immunity system: A cup of curd is loaded with good bacteria which is essential for fighting off germs, thereby making your immune system stronger and more persistent. Making curd a part of your daily diet is a great idea as it is effective in preventing yeast infections around the vaginal area.
- Toughens up your skeletal system: Like all dairy products, curd is rich in calcium which is necessary for strong bones and teeth. Apart from calcium, curd is rich in phosphorous and together, they quicken the bone growth process and helps in preventing arthritis and osteoporosis.
- Helps in improving cardiovascular health: Eating curd helps in improving cardiovascular health as it discourages the spread of cholesterol around the arterial area, thus, reducing the risks of a coronary disease. Curd reduces hypertension which is a pre-cursor to most heart ailments. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.