Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shobha VYour feedback matters!
Hello Dr. last year I was pregnant with a hydrocephalus head baby so it was aborted in fifth month of pregnancy. Now my torch is normal my karyotype is normal n my husband's karyotype is also normal. I want to ask that can I have normal baby ever in my life or my previous history of abortion will affect my baby again.
Sir/Madam My wife has been operated with major surgery for delivery of a baby. How many days should I wait for having sex with my wife? Please educate and suggest me in this event.
7 week fetus heart beat present OK but When second ultrasound d One at 10 week 6 day heart beat absent and foetus age was 8 week 1 day. Patient has thyroid level 22 during conceiving. Patient have only spot of blood not continuous bleeding.
4 Types of irregular periods and their causes
Menstruation is a cyclical process when at a certain time of the month, the lining of the uterus is shed and vaginal bleeding occurs. Sometimes there can be abnormalities in this cycle. Irregular periods in women are abnormal variations in the length, volume, duration and quality of menstrual cycle. Irregular periods aren't uncommon among menstruating women.
Abnormalities in periods can be of the following nature:
- Varying time between successive periods
- Loss of more or less blood than usual
- Varying length of your periods
Based on these categorizations, the different types of periods are:
1. Irregular menstrual bleeding - Irregular menstrual bleeding is characterized by bleeding that takes place for more than 20 days in a solitary cycle, which can lengthen over a period of a year.
2. Absent menstrual bleeding - In this type of menstrual bleeding, a woman does not get her period at all within a span of 90 days.
3. Heavy menstrual bleeding - This involves excessive blood loss that may intervene with a woman's physical, psychological and social quality of life.
4. Heavy and prolonged menstrual bleeding - This is less common than heavy menstrual bleeding and is different from in terms of duration. A different type of therapy is required to treat the condition as it is more severe in nature.
5. Light menstrual bleeding - Light menstrual bleeding is characterized by less blood loss than usual.
Irregular periods can be caused due to several reasons. Some of them are:
- Switching from one birth control pill to another or taking certain medication
- Excessive exercising
- Breastfeeding or pregnancy
- Polycystic ovary disease (PCOS)
- Uterine fibroids
- Getting an IUD (intrauterine device)
- Gradual thickening of uterine lining or the development of polyps on the uterine lining
- Scarring of the lining of the uterus can also be a possible cause
Changes in the body's level of hormones can also disrupt a woman's periods. Estrogen and progesterone are the chief hormones that play a crucial part in the menstrual cycle and influence the flow as well, thereby giving rise to abnormalities if their balance is disturbed.
When it comes to treating irregular periods, modifying your lifestyle, treating the underlying issue behind an irregular cycle, changing your birth control pills (if that is the cause), opting for hormone therapy or even surgery are viable treatment options.
Related Tip: Effective Ways to Ease Heavy Bleeding During Periods
I am 21 and married I am trying to conceive and I want to have twins what are the Chance's that I can have twins and how can i?
Sir mujhe abhi 1 month hua hai pregnancy test kiya hai mere 2 year ka boy hai abhi mujhe baccha nhi chahiye koi teblet ya fir koi dusra sulusion btao help me sir.
Sir/madam I had unprotected sex with my girl friend on 19/4/16. Her periods started from 11/4/16 and ended on 17/4/16. But I didn't ejaculate in her vagina. But ejaculated outside. But not 100% sure whether a drop of sperm entered inside or not. Are there any chances of pregnancy? If so what is the way to avoid now?
Hi, my periods where on 7th of march, took ipill on 13th march and got withdrawal bleeding on 24th and now I am 8days late for my periods. Took blood hcg negative. Please help me
I am 12 week pregnant and during my 2 month I have little spotting for 2-3 days, So doctor prescribed me 4 HCG injections that last in 10 weeks. And again doctor prescribed 2 more HCG injections after 10 week. Is it right to take HCG injections after 10 week as corpus luteum is going to degrade after 10 week.
Find the root of all your suffering in some negativity you are nurturing in your life. Rise above all negativity, drop down all things you are holding onto become free at this moment life is very beautiful nd we are all beautiful children of god.