Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shobha VYour feedback matters!
Me and my boyfriend had foreplay (dry humping) last night. However the following are the conditions 1. I am a virgin (hymen intact) 2. My last period was 2 days back 3. He was wearing undergarment while we foreplayed.
Many heart attack patients are concerned about resuming sexual relations. Some patients worry they are not healthy enough and that sexual activity will put too much strain on the heart or cause another heart attack. Partners of heart attack patients often worry about these issues even more so than the patient. As a result of these concerns, many couples are reluctant to resume sexual activity.
Most patients are safely able to resume sexual relations at some point after a heart attack. The strain on the heart during sexual intercourse is about the same as from walking up two flights of stairs. However, specific recommendations for resuming sexual relations depend on a number of factors, including the severity of the heart attack and the degree of residual heart function. The decision to resume sexual relations should be discussed with a physician.
Some men and women become depressed after a heart attack, which can interfere with sexual drive and performance. In addition, men who are taking beta-blockers may experience erectile dysfunction. Abrupt discontinuation of these medications is dangerous and discontinuation should be discussed with a physician.
I have serious itching in Virginia and white discharge with some smell. It's irritating, what shall I do? Please advice.
I am asked to take a tonic named" Win Shoka" and a tablet of" Iron and Folic Acid" to make my periods regular as I am suffering from PCOS. Please tell will this be effective?
I had I pill on my second day of my period? From next day, which is my third day of period I stop bleeding completely. What is wrong?
I am 26 year I got 5 hpt negative with regular periods and 2 hcg negative (value 0.1) till 5th month of expected pregnancy and no sign of pregnancy in lower abdomen u/s at 10 th week but my belly is coming out. Any chance of pregnancy. What to do.
My periods get delayed because of doing yoga-maharasanam before doing yoga my periods is regular after doing yoga only my periods get delayed what should I do.
All of us have our 'good and bad hours' each day. While there are the night owls, who are more productive and ideating in the late night hours, there are others who like to be the early bird that literally catches the worm. For both these categories, there are again hours where the energy wanes. Did you know there are some simple techniques that can help to maintain consistent levels of energy throughout the day?
As much as possible, try and maintain a regular routine in terms of waking up, eating at the same hours as closely as possible, and retiring for the day. The biological clock or circadian rhythm needs to be maintained as much as possible if high productivity is desired.
Here are some things that can be completely and easily controlled to keep your energy levels steady through the day.
- Vitamin & mineral deficiency: It is important that we include loads of fresh fruits and vegetables in our diet, in order to nourish our body with required vitamin and minerals. This is important that a deficiency of vitamins like B12, D can often lead to fatigue or low energy levels.
- Hypothyroidism: Fatigue is one of the most common signs hypothyroidism and as per clinal records it has been established patients suffering from hypothyroidism have reported a significat drop in the level of fatigue by getting their hypothyroid treated.
- Sleep patterns: Be it going to bed or waking up, try and maintain a pattern that does not vary too much, at least not drastically. After waking up, a good dose of light in the morning is very helpful. If your work requires you to sleep during the day, ensure you get up into a room that is well and brightly lit.
- Exercise: Whether is it Saturday or cloudy, a 30 minute workout does magic like nothing else. Get outdoors and be it a walk or a run, cycling or swimming, you will see nothing else boosts your energy as well as this.
- Nutrition: Reduced carbohydrates, a good dose of protein, ample hydration, adequate fiber intake, and good quantity of dry fruits are somethings to definitely follow. Start with a good breakfast that can boost your energy requirements for the day and eat less as the day goes by.
- Caffeine: One of the most pleasant experience is to wake up to have a refreshing cup of coffee. While it sounds exotic, the body benefits more if this caffeine is provided sometime later in the day when the energy levels are low.
- Alcohol: For many, alcohol could be a way of stress busting, but if scientifically looked at, alcohol reduces the quality of sleep and leaves you feeling unrested. It also leaves one tired and irritated. If possible, the alcohol intake should be at least 2 hours before bedtime.
- Power naps: Highly proven technique, where possible, a power nap of 15 minutes is believed to boost up energy levels significantly.
These are some methods to boost your energy levels. Most of it something completely controllable and changeable by you, all it requires is a conscious effort from you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Diet during ramadan:
Suhoor (early morning meal before fast):
1. Recommend oats/barley/quinoa/ muesli/ whole wheat chapati which will give energy throughout the day as they are complex carbs
2. Include some good quality protien too along with carbs like eggs/ tofu/ paneer/ nuts etc
3. Can sprinkle chia seeds, flaxseeds over oats/muesli to get good fats
Iftaar (breaking fast):
- Break fast with water and 3-4 pc's of dates which gives instant energy followed by a bowl of fruit or vegetable soup (can add some pc's of chicken or lentils) to gradually start digestive system to work.
- Then it should be followed by dinner which should be ideally after 1-2 hr of breaking fast. Dinner should be balanced with a blend of complex carbs, good protien and healthy fats.
- Preferred to avoid refined oily fried foods as they can hamper digestion and cause acidity.
- Diet should be rich in fibre as constipation is a common problem during this time.
- Should drink lots of water throughout the day.
My wife is pregnant from 5 week. Ultrasound report baby heart beat 95 any problems please answer sir.
Hi. I had foreplay with my partner, on her 10th day of mensuration cycle, during foreplay I touched her vagina (labia majora/minora) with my penis for 3 - 4 secs (this happened 2 to 3 times, which was moist (due to precum). No intercourse happened, and also I had urinated 2-3 times, in last 4 hr, before we foreplayed. So is there chances of pregnancy? Also which day of mensuration pregnancy possible? And is precum could cause pregnancy in above case?
Mam my wife is pregnant about 2 month but ultrasound report in absent cardiovascular activity but my wife is not any one problem or pain now till days so Dr. advise abortion so please help what will be decide.
Cholesterol is a waxy, fat-like substance that occurs naturally in all parts of the body. Your body needs some cholesterol to work properly. But if you have too much in your blood, it can combine with other substances in the blood and stick to the walls of your arteries. This is called plaque. Plaque can narrow your arteries or even block them.
- High levels of cholesterol in the blood can increase your risk of heart disease. Your cholesterol levels tend to rise as you get older. There are usually no signs or symptoms that you have high blood cholesterol, but it can be detected with a blood test. You are likely to have high cholesterol if members of your family have it, if you are overweight or if you eat a lot of fatty foods.
- You can lower your cholesterol by exercising more and eating more fruits and vegetables. You also may need to take medicine to lower your cholesterol.