Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shobha V
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shobha VYour feedback matters!
Gist of rujuta divekar's talk today organised by borivali medical brotherhood:
1. Throw out your weighing scale cause it is not a reflection of how healthy you are.
2. Bmi is not an accurate representation as each of us is different. Instead two new terms have come into play- tofi and foti (thin outside and fat inside and vice versa) means you are unhealthy even if you look thin on the outside.
3. New research is showing that cholesterol is not directly the cause of heart disease.
4. Eat 4-5tsps of ghee everyday. It is good for the gut bacteria and will actually help in reducing abdomen fat.
6. Stop looking at food as carbs, protein &amp; fat. Instead look at it from farmer, trader, consumer point of view. So eat what takes the least time to come to you - eat local!
7. All fruit is the same. All have fructose- again eat local grown seasonal fruit.
8. Bananas are good for you.
9. Eat before you drink alcohol - eat early, drink early.
10. Weight loss industry has somehow managed to get everyone to believe that what tastes yuck is healthy and good for you. Don't equate healthy with yucky tasting food.
11. Keep moving. For every half hour you sit, move at least 3mins.
12.150mins of exercise a week is mandatory.
14. Weight bearing exercise is what one should be doing to keep bones strong and for stronger muscles.
15. Oil your hair once a week, rub ghee on your feet and drink plenty of water to alleviate bloating.
16. Salt is not bad for you. Don't go salt free. Use rock salt.
17. Sugar is also not bad for you provided you eat it the right way. Indian sweets are better than your pastries and brownies etc.
18. Work on strengthening your legs.
19. Don't believe that drinking green tea will make you lose weight. A myth that google and weight loss industry has promoted just because chinese are thin.
20. Red meat is absolutely fine as long as you watch the quantity.
21. Latest research is linking wine to breast cancer
22. Eat so much that when you get up from the table, you should feel light.
23. Don't count calories
24. Most important - remove fear from your head while eating. (we all know about the mind-body connection by now)
25. Make lifestyle changes and don't follow fad diets which rob your body of essential vitamins and minerals)
I am suffering pcod. After 3 unsuccessful iui attempts I am unable to gather pregnant. Then I will go to cyst remove operation. After 3 months doc advised again for iui. From day two I have to taken medicine E_OVA_M 100. BUT I missed the dose in 3rd day. What can I do.
I had a normal delivery 36 days ago. I have been bleeding since then. In the beginning it was more and later it got decreased and was more like spotting. Though it increased and decreased in between. Then suddenly it stopped for a day but next day I again had heavy bleeding just like first day of period. Its been 3 days now. Is this normal or there is something to worry?
Hello, I'm 18 years old. My body has more pains at shoulders, thighs and also neck pain. Itching penis I think it may be balanitis, I searched many videos in YouTube so symptoms penis head have small pimples. So please prefer natural Home remedies or any ointments.
I am 18 weeks3 days pregnant. I had a scan yesterday. Was told that cervix length is short. But os closed. Moreover my glucose test shows little variations. Crossed border range. Advised to control diet. Give suggestions for a healthy pregnancy.
Hi, I am married and we are trying for a baby from last 3 months but unable to get success. Please help me.
Hello I am 24 years old female, it's been one year trying to get pregnant, visited gyno and she prescribed me some medicines and I am using medicines from 5 months and no pregnancy yet. I would like to ask you shall I continue this med course or I should quit becoz I can't contact the same doctor now so I want to go to other doctor for treatment and I on which day of my cycle would be better to visit for all the tests?
Hi I am having irregular periods and I am on duphaston 10 mg for ten days. Obg gave me fertyl super 100 mg. First cycle failed. I dint conceive. What may the problem?
Your metabolism is actually pretty hard to boost or change.That's because "boosting metabolism" doesn't really refer to exercising more intensely to burn more calories, standing instead of sitting, or sneaking in lunchtime walks.