Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shobha V
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shobha VYour feedback matters!
Hello, I am a girl of 23 years old. Recently I have seen a blog of ayurvedic cures in which it was written that taking ashvagandha powder at night with cow's milk regularly for 45 days will result in increasing height. Please give your suggestion that will it work on me? Does it have any side effects on me. And any effect on menstruation cycle.
My boyfriend touches my breast with the hands and he kiss me can I get pregnancy? 2 month was gone still my periods not come?
Doctor agar kisi ko mahine (months) me period baar baar aaye toh kya problem ho sakti hai usse . please batayein
Dear Dr. My wife is suffering from vaginal itching and lot of whitish liquid flows from the vagina, is this the problem of itching or both are different problems can you please let us know how to cure it.
The first six weeks after the baby is born is termed as the postpartum period. While this is a joyous phase for a mother, it requires healing and adjustments for the mother. While the mother bonds with the baby during this period, adjusting to surroundings with the new baby can be challenging affair. The postpartum care, therefore, becomes more important. Here is a brief guideline about the essential precautions of postpartum care and its importance-
- Get as much rest as possible: Postpartum care can be demanding for a mother. Sleeping is required to beat the fatigue and tiredness during this period. The baby wakes up from the sleep every alternate hour and the mother needs to feed him. To ensure that the mother is not physically exhausted, it is important that she sleeps whenever the baby does.
- Eat healthily: Maintaining a healthy diet during the postpartum care is extremely important. Food such as whole grain, protein, fruits, and vegetables can contribute to incremental healing. If a mother is breastfeeding the baby, consumption of fluid is equally as important as a healthy diet. A good diet helps a mother to gain sufficient energy that she is burning during the initial few weeks of giving birth to the baby.
- Avoid strenuous work: Each mother should take at least 2-3 months after delivery to get back to work. If the situation arises where a mother is forced to join back her job or take up professional activities, it should be ensured that she should not take up any strenuous activities. It will not only wear her out but take a heavy toll on the mental health as well.
- Exercise: Usually a doctor suggests the right time to exercise and prescribes the right exercise that is necessary to a mother. The exercise should not be too strenuous. A quick walk around the park, brisk jogging for 10 minutes, some easy-to-follow free-hand exercises can be extremely beneficial for a mother during this stage. Exercise can keep fatigue and boredom at bay and helps a mother increase the energy levels throughout the day.
- Seek help: Postpartum depression is very common among new mothers. It often shows up during the first few weeks after giving birth. Close to 80 percent of the mother explains abrupt mood swings, irritability, restlessness, insomnia, sadness, unexplained crying etc. It makes sense to visit a doctor or seek professional help if these symptoms do not go away after a couple of weeks of giving birth to the baby. Doctors can suggest ways to get over this phase easily. If not for these symptoms, a doctor should be consulted in any which case for a span of first three months to refrain from unwanted complications.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello. I was on duphaston since feb 20 then I got my periods on march 20. I stopped duphaston in 10 days then I got my periods on 10 april. Today I am having very little brown discharge and now it stopped. What is the cause. I am not sexually active. When will I have my period. Can a dog make a girl pregnant? My friend said it's possible.
Hello. Doctor I am 20 years old its been 7 days milk is discharging from my breast if I am pressing my nipples. Sometimes milk is coming and sometime water is coming so please help I am really worried and please do recommend any medicine.
I just got married. My husband asked me that on the day of 1st night I did not bleed .so he said i'm not genuine. Is it compulsory to be bleed.
A women has done sex 1 day after her period but she has not got her next period in time. It is 4 days late. Is she pregnant?
A sexual dysfunction, refers to a problem during any phase of the sexual response cycle that prevents the man or couple from experiencing satisfaction from the activity. Most cases of sexual dysfunction are treatable, so it is important to share your concerns with your partner and doctor.