Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shobha VYour feedback matters!
Presently we are in IVF cycle. Embryo transfer was carried out and after seven days from ET doctor ask us to take progrestone test and the result shows as 43 .whether the value is ok to get pregnant. We are very eager to know .pls advice us.
Aloe vera is one of the most popular plants in tropical regions. It can thrive in most weather conditions, and also it does not need any extra care. And it takes about 8 months to grow to full size.
This is one of the significant medicinal herbs present in nature. It also provides amazing healing benefits. Some of the benefits that can be included are:
Treats eye disorder:
- Aloe vera juice cures eyes redness
- Aloe vera cures eye infections
- Aloe vera solution drop can soothe your eye pain
- Mix aloe vera gel with a pinch of sodium bicarbonate and turmeric powder to cure your ulcer wound.
- Heated aloe vera pulp cures the pain caused by ripe blisters.
- It also heals your ulcer quickly
Cure wrinkles and acne:
- Only by applying aloe vera gel regularly, you can prevent wrinkles.
- You can make aloe vera face pack by mixing - aloe vera gel, rose water and a hint of turmeric powder. You apply it on your face and leave it for 15 minutes and rinse it with lukewarm water. After you rinse the dried face pack, rub ice-cube on your face. This method will help to prevent acne.
- Regular consumption of aloe vera gel can maintain the balance of sugar in your body.
- 5 gm of aloe vera gel can be useful for diabetes.
Useful for bronchitis:
- The preparation of aloe vera ash mixed with grapes is useful for bronchitis.
- Aloe vera is also helpful in treating chronic bronchitis.
- Aloe vera gel should not be used if you are suffering from cold.
- Aloe vera gel mixed with butter milk is helpful for jaundice
- It also cures liver enlargement and spleen.
- Pulp of aloe gel with a little amount of salt is also helpful.
- Aloe vera gel ash made in an earthen pot can be taken as a medicine for jaundice.
Cure paediatric constipation:
- If kids are suffering from constipation then you can apply aloe vera gel in the umbilical area.
- Aloe vera gel clears the stool.
Regulate menstrual cycle:
- Usage of aloe vera gel mixed with ash from forest fire helps in regulation of your period.
Cure stomach pain:
- You can boil aloe vera gel and with lukewarm water to cure stomach pain.
- If you have stomach problem caused by spicy food then you can consume aloe vera gel to cool your stomach. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome or PCOS is referred to as a condition that leads to an imbalance in the hormonal levels of women between the ages of 18 to 44. Women suffering from the syndrome develop small cysts in the ovaries. These cysts might disrupt the normal functions of the ovaries resulting in hormonal imbalances. If you suffer from PCOS, the secretion of the male hormone androgen (which is present in a small amount in every female) increases abnormally, thereby causing a significant disruption of the ovulation process and the menstruation cycles.
Women suffering from obesity or who have a past history of PCOS in their families are at a higher risk of suffering from the syndrome.
The symptoms that one might experience along with syndrome are as follows:
Appearances of acne along with the development of excess body and facial hair.
Irregular or no periods.
Problems with conception and infertility.
Intense pain in the pelvic area and severe depression.
Homeopathic Treatment for PCOS:
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is curable with the Homeopathic mode of treatment. Homeopathic treatment for polycystic ovarian syndrome is very safe and free from any side effect.Which Homeopathic medicine is required to extract the disease from its roots varies from case to case. Both the physical and mental spheres of the patient are thoroughly investigated while prescribing the Homeopathic medicine. The complete cure of PCOS is a time-consuming process and it cannot be expected in a few days. It requires complete observation regarding the change of symptoms in the patient and frequent clinical follow-ups. Some of the most beneficial homeopathic remedies for PCOS are:
Sepia – Useful for the symptoms of severe pain in the lower back and abdominal areas along with abnormal menstrual periods.
Apis Mellifica –This homeopathic preparation is effective in relieving the symptoms of severe pain in the ovarian regions along with tenderness in the abdominal and uterine areas caused by PCOS.
Pulsatilla – This medication is very effective in treating symptoms of PCOS such as late and minimal menstrual periods along with rapid mood swings, irritation and a decreased sensation of thirst.
Sulphur – This homeopathic preparation is very useful if there is a presence of severely itchy and painful acne along with other skin related symptoms of PCOS.
Natrum Muriaticum – This homeopathic preparation is useful if you experience significant problems with conception along with irregularity in menstrual cycles, along with an excessive craving for salt in the regular diet, unwillingness towards sunlight exposure, and intense episodes of crying and uncharacteristic shyness.
Graphites – If you are of a stout build or are overweight and regularly suffer from constipation along with PCOS, graphites are one of the best homeopathic medications to relieve symptoms and treat this condition.
These are just a few of the commonly used Homeopathic remedies and are mentioned only to create awareness about the effectiveness of Homeopathic medicines for PCOS. It is not advisable to resort to self-medication for any disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Hi. I'M A 23 year old and my marriage was 2 year ago but pregnancy is not successful. Private clinic doctor is called your wife is normal but pregnancy is not succeed.
Known as elaichi, this spice is effective in curing nausea acidity, bloating, gas stomach cramps.
-it helps the body eliminate waste through the kidneys.
-it also improves your circulation to your lungs.
- it is a good detoxifier. It helps clean out the urinary tract, bladder and kidneys.
- it is also used for mouth ulcer and fights bad breath.
- it also helps to get rid of hiccups.
Is ssg test is painful? And I wanna know what is ssg what is the process of it as I am trying to conceive a baby but I am not ,so doctor recommend me for this ssg test.
The size of your belly is not the only thing that changes when you are pregnant. Pregnancy affects every part of a woman's body and visible changes can be noted as the pregnancy progresses. This is partly because of hormonal fluctuations and partly due to the strain of carrying excess weight.
Here are some of the changes you can expect to see when you are pregnant:
- Changes in the respiratory system: Along with eating for two, you are also breathing for two when pregnant. The increased oxygen consumption leads to increased rate of breathing, shortness of breath and elevated pH levels in the blood.
- Changes in the cardiovascular system: The cardiovascular system is readjusted at the time of pregnancy. This increases the volume of blood in the blood. The expanding uterus puts pressure on veins and arteries, thus slowing the circulation of blood. You may also notice an elevated resting heart rate and low blood pressure in the second trimester.
- Changes in the gastrointestinal system: The enlarging uterus displaces organs of the digestive system and allows stomach acid to travel back into the esophagus. This leads to acidity and heartburn. Pregnant women also often suffer from constipation.
- Changes in the breasts: As pregnancy progresses, your breasts may increase in size and be more sensitive than usual. The nipples will also begin to stick out more than normal. By the third trimester, you may also notice a discharge of early milk or colostrum.
- Changes in the abdomen: By the second trimester, the abdomen will begin to expand. As the ligaments and abdominal wall supporting the uterus are stretched, you may experience an ache on one side or the other.
- Changes in the urinary system: Pregnant women feel the urge to urinate frequently. This is because the expanding uterus puts extra pressure on the bladder, urethra and pelvic floor muscles. This may also lead to temporary urinary incontinence. Pregnancy also increases the load on the kidneys as they need to filter not only your own blood, but also that of the growing baby.
- Changes in the skin: As the skin on the body stretches to accommodate the growing uterus, stretch marks are one of the common visible changes. This may also be accompanied by hyperpigmentation of the nipples, face and abdomen along with the appearance of spider veins and reddening of palms.
Other common changes include, swelling of ankles, leg cramps, increased body temperature and changes in hair texture.
I am 28 years old. I am having heavy bleeding and heavy clots for past 20 days. I need to know the reason for this. Please do help me on this.
Hi am 26 old male from Delhi, mt question is one week back I had sex with prostitute and while having sex the condom got tore nd I immediately taken out penis from vagina, but am getting fear that I may get effected with any sexually transmitted diseases or HIV ,I request you to advise me proper precautions or suggestions so dat I may not get effected with the diseases.
Me 25 year ladki ki hu. Mere me estrogent ki kmi he nd upper lip me bal bhi aate he and estrpogent ki kmi se period bhi late aata he. Me estrogent bdhane ke liye" progynova@28 tablets 1 mg" leti hu. Muje ye estrogent bdha ne ke liye konsi medicine leni hongi? meri sadi ho gai he and abhi tak child nhi he. Please help me 2 be perfect girl.
Hi Doc, . Got married 6 years ago. My wife got pregnancy in 2014. After 3 months due to no heart beating pregnancy got aborted. In BOH panel test CMV 7.960. PTT 96.2. Both of our blood group is O.
Hi sir I had a sex with a prostitute and I used two condoms while having sex and condom did not blow it was just 20 sec sex only so there is any problem sir please help me sir!
Keep Your Bones Strong.
Calcium and vitamin D can help you do that. Dairy products are the best sources of calcium, but other options are green, leafy vegetables like broccoli and kale. If you don't get enough calcium from food, ask your doctor about supplements.
This is my 8th day I'm late for ny periods the last time I got my periods was on the 6th of April. My husband and I made love like 3 times on the the 17th of April the same day am I pregnant.
Good evening please I have someone that gave birth at first and the baby died immediately, and the doctors claimed the mother had diabetes, and now again the second child is died 1 hour after birth. What could be the cause of this? Thanks.
When one should intercourse before or after ovlution time of a woman. How can we know when a women ovulates. Any symptoms. I am asking these becoz I cannot meet my wife regularly, twice or thrice in a month due to my service/job issue. I am a 35 years old male. Please advise.
Swimming or running? Having to prioritize between the two can be quite a daunting task. While swimming has its loyal followers, one cannot ignore the health benefits of running either. In fact, swimming and running are like two faces of the same coin. What is suitable for one may not be an ideal choice for another. While swimming may be helpful for some, others might benefit from running. Following the mad rush does not make any sense. Know what are your requirements, strengths, and weaknesses and then choose between the two.
This article is an attempt to clear your confusion and thus, help you choose between the two.
- Injury: Running and swimming can both result in an injury. However, running is more intense. Thus, chances and frequency of an injury (muscle cramps, ligament tear, sprain or fracture) are slightly more in the case of running. In comparison, swimming is less strenuous. There is less probability of a sprain or a fracture in swimming.
- Body workout: If you are looking for a complete body workout, swimming is what the doctors have just advised. The different strokes in swimming ensure maximum muscular movements. Every part of your body, from head toe, are involved in swimming. Running, however, is not a complete body workout.
- Joint problems: For people with joint problems or associated conditions such as arthritis (especially Rheumatoid Arthritis), running might be highly uncomfortable and risky, aggravating the problems further. Under such circumstances, swimming comes as a much-needed breather. Not only is it safe, but also comfortable (people with severe arthritis should, however, consult the doctor before swimming). Swimming is an excellent exercise for improving the motor skills and also building on the core strength.
- Calories burned: Finally some good news for the runners. If you are looking for a high-calorie burnout (where you have to sweat it out literally), running is what you just need. Swimming also helps to burn the calories, but running has a slightly higher impact. As per a survey, you burn close to 700 calories by running for seven miles per hour. Surprising, you burn only 550 calories (per hour) by swimming 50 yards per minute.
- Bone health: If swimming is good for the joints, running is important for your bones. Running plays a pivotal role in improving and increasing the bone density in a person.
- Hormonal effect: Swimming or running both are believed to improve your cognitive abilities. Endorphins, which are commonly known as the ‘feel good’ hormone and is known to lift your spirits. They enhance your mood like never before.
Both swimming and running come with their own sets of merits and demerits. Choosing between the two can be an uphill task. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.