Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shobha VYour feedback matters!
I currently on my period. I had clots with bleeding. I underwent abortion 3 months back. Is this a serious problem?
I'm 32 years old women. I have 4 1/2 year old daughter. 97 kg. Height 5 6. Nov 2014 I got operated on both my ovaries for cysts 8 cm right loculated cyst and around 6 cm cyst in left ovary. Now again when I got scanned as I was getting some pain in my abdomen it showed that I have 5 cm cyst in my right ovary. I'm very much scared and planning for my second child. I don't know what to do. I don't want to get operated again but I want my cyst to reduce without creating any problem. Please help me.
Sir, We had a safe sex on October. After that my girlfriend had a regular periods on that month and on November. But Now Dec 19 is her exact date of period. But it has not yet come. Is there any chance to get pregnancy?
I am having pain in my right breast after my period ends can I know why it is so. Is it serious condition.
I am 45 yrs old lady. I am having severe pain while having sex in my vagina and nowadays lubricating fluid is less and my menstrual cycle is not clear when I consulted a homeopathic Dr. I was told that it is a symptom of menopause. Is it possible to have sex after menopause and please provide a solution to avoid my pain.
My wife's. Lmp was on 9/5/15. Tested with prefaces on 10/6/15 with indicated negative, when should we do next pregnancy test. She had some cramps on 1/6/15 but no spotting. What should we do now ?
I am a 20 years old female. After 3 moths of married last 3 days there are some white cheese like things in my vagina tube. There are heavy pain and irritation during sex and urination. I use genwas lotion and folic acid tablet. What should I do. please reply.
My wife taking regestrone tablet from 2nd march 2016 to 21 march 2016 (for 20 days) when my wife get periods.
Meri mumy ka baccha dani nikalta hai. But eri mumy bhaut darti hai operation se so koi aise technique nai hai jisse binna operation ese nikala ja sake ya ese set kia ja sake. I also love my mother so much more den my life so please suggest me what i can I do in detail. She is 56 years old.
One of the silent diseases in the female population, endometriosis can be symptomless for years and sometimes even decades, but can sometimes manifest itself quickly. The uterus is lined on the inner side by a tissue known as endometrium. When this tissue is found in other parts (fallopian tubes, abdomen, near the ovaries, etc., it is known as endometriosis.
Causes: The exact cause for endometriosis is not clear. There is a possibility that during the regular period, there could be spilling of the tissue back into the fallopian tube, from where it reaches the ovaries or other organs and gets implanted.
There are certain predisposing factors for a woman to develop this condition, including genetic correlation and non-menopausal women. The female hormone estrogen is essential for the development of endometriosis. There are also immunological reasons attributed to the development. It can range from minimal to mild to moderate to severe.
Symptoms: From being completely benign to causing severe pain, endometriosis can present itself in varying ways. The implanted tissue can be minimal like a small lump to large clumps. The symptoms are not dependent on the size of the implanted tissue, however,
- Painful menstruation: One of the most common causes of non-menstrual cramps, the pain is different from usual menstrual pain, starts a few days before the period and can last up to after the period.
- Pelvic pain: One of the most common causes of pelvic pain, this can happen wherever the implanted tissue is. In severe cases, this tissue can also bind different organs, forming what are called adhesions. The bladder or the bowels may adhere to the uterus. These are more painful than individual lumps of tissue outside the uterus.
- Intermenstrual bleeding: There could be spotting to severe bleeding between the regular cycles.
- Painful sex: There is a deep pain within the pelvis and it can lead to losing interest in sex.
- Infertility: The most severe symptom and complication is not being able to become pregnant.
Diagnosis: A detailed patient history, discussion on symptoms followed by ultrasound and laparoscopy can help in diagnosing endometriosis.
Treatment: If there is no symptom and fertility is not an issue, then it is possible that no treatment is required. However, depending on symptoms and complications, the following are done.
- If pain is the only main problem, painkillers are administered
- Surgical treatment may be required if there is severe bleeding and adhesions complicating the situation.
This will also relieve other symptoms:
- Hormone therapy is also an option for treating endometriosis.
- If you are having pelvic pain and irregular bleeding, bring it up with your doctor. Even if it is not endometriosis, a thorough check up will put your mind at rest.
And sir / mam I also use prega news pregnancy test and its shows two line on it so I do not want baby so what I need to do tell me.
I'm 19 years old. My menarche starts in 30 november 2009. Menstrual cycle was normal for 2 months. But then. From January it completely stopped for 7 months.I'm not married.Suddenly in september heavy flow occurs last for 7-10 days again normal cycle starts.Approximately within 30-40days.Then again absent for 4-5months.Then again irregularities occurs. Sometimes 1to 1 and half months.After september 2012 again absent till june then a lady doctor give me cycloset syrup. I take it for 1-1.5 months but no result. Then another doctor give me sandoz tablet I took it for 3 days and whenever I took I felt headaches and weakness. Rashes on my hands and pricky sensation. Chakkr b aate the. I stopped tablet then within one weak bleeding occurs only for 3-5days and it was less than the normal. Then again starts.Every during every absence I was suffered form d problem of bleeding occurs from nose.Per day 2-3 times. Severe headache. My weight increases.Even I never take chinese food and other thingslike pizza maggi etc. I always take healthy diet. Hair growth on my upper lips is more than normal girl and also on the chin.Excessive sweat thus in 2014 also sometimes occurs normally till 2-3 months and then absent.In december again absent.27 january of this year again bleeding occurs.It was normal. Then 1march againthen 6 april again.Then 5 may.But the last one was dark mehroon and cots like bleeding.I'm allergicfood allergy from milk and milk products, onion, tomato, cabbage, dust etc.What can I do?
Hi doctor, I have multiple problems, such like piles upto 5 years, frequent urine discharge within 15-20 minute and occuring upto 8 years.,and now i am suffering from infertility problems. please reply me in proper guidence .thanks
I had urin infection and when I observed burning sensation during urination and also observed urin colour as red, I rushed to the doctor and I took medicine as prescribed. Dr. suggests for urin test but he said normal, nothing to worry. My urin test result as follows = Dt. 24/2/2016 RBC- nill Pus cell- 8-10hpf Epithical - 3-4hpf Crystal- nill Cast- nill Again I test urin to know my pregnancy. Urin test on 1/4/2016 as follows= Pregnancy-positive RBC- nill Pus cell- 8-10hpf Epithical - ++ Crystal- nill Cast- nill Dr. said me report is normal. please tell me result of these above tests. I am worries about this.
In general, anterior cruciate ligament injuries or ACL injuries, are understood as tears in any of the several knee ligaments joining the upper leg bone and the lower leg bone. This can vary from minor injuries, such as small ligament tears, to more serious cases like complete tears or when the ligament and one of the bones gets displaced from the other. These injuries usually occur during sports activities, like soccer, basketball, football, gymnastics, tennis, volleyball, etc. An untreated ACL injury can lead to a condition called an ACL deficiency. This can cause a lot of problems with regard to knee movements as the bones may rub against each other, causing a lot of pain. In some cases, the cartilage covering the ends of the bones may get damaged, eventually tearing and trapping the cushion pads supporting the knee joints.
Signs and symptoms of anterior cruciate ligament may include:
- You are unable to move properly.
- You experience immense pain while walking up and down stairs.
- You are unable to engage much in physical activities.
- Your knee begins to swell gradually.
- You can sense a loud popping sensation when moving your knee.
- You experience feelings of instability.
Anterior cruciate ligament injuries generally occur during sports. Here are some common possible instances that might happen during a game:
- Sudden arrest in motion
- An unsteady landing from a jump
- Direct blows to the knee from tackles
- Sudden shifts in direction
Treatment of ACL injuries normally involves the following:
1. Immediate medical attention along with intense first aid care
2. Sincere adherence to the R.I.C.E model of self care
- Rest: proper rest for a couple of weeks or months depending upon the severity of the injury
- Ice: using ice packs to help cool the nerves
- Compression: ice treatment further helps in compression
- Elevation: when lying down in bed, it is strongly recommended that you keep your affected leg at a slightly higher position, through the use of pillows or cushions
3. Success rehabilitative therapy for several weeks
4. Anterior cruciate ligament surgery or reconstruction