Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shobha Rani
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shobha RaniYour feedback matters!
During sex why condom leaked. I use doted condom but they got leaked. 3 time. Lubricated condom not leaked. Which condom is best and if doted is best then why they leaked ?
Hi doctor, We have planned for a baby. I did sex many of times and release my sperms to her vagina. Is this safe?
My cousin is on menstrual period since 20 days....she became very weak....n the periods are still continued.
Had unprotected sex 5 days before my period. Did not ejaculated inside me. Puts once only no proper sex. Had I pill after half an hour. When will my period will occur? I'm having white discharges. Will my periods be regular from next mnth?
Faints for some seconds after waking up and even when I stand after sitting for long time. Is this a serious problem?
Hi doc, I need a quick answer please, I had protected sex with my girl friend before two months, and she not yet got her periods. We had taken 5 pregnancy kit test randomly for the past two week and all are negative. Is she pregnant? Its too urgent please answer me as soon as possible. How can she get back her missed periods. Thank you.
Hi doc , As i and my wife have sex every month and she consumes ipill every month so now is there any ways that she is not going to get pregnant or stuff in future becoz now she is having excess bleeding and very bad stomach pain please help.
Hi last month I had my periods on 15th June. But on 01 july my byf tried to insert his penis inside me however he could not insert but his penis rubbed my vagina and then he discharged outside. So is there any possibility that I can be pregnant?
Periods 3 din me finish ho jate hai usse. ladki ke liye pragancy ke din konse hai? Aur wo pregnency days kis din se calculate kare?
Cervical Cerclage (Cervical Stitch Operation)
This is also called as cervical stitch operation. The cervix is the mouth or entry point of the uterus which extends into the vagina.
It is advised in cases where a woman may have a previous second-trimester pregnancy loss or some procedure done on the cervix earlier leading to weakness of the cervix. This weakness may lead to a lax birth passage through which a premature baby can slip out accidently, causing a miscarriage or premature birth.
What is it?
It is an operation done to surgically close the cervix so that the baby does not slip out through the open passage. A small suture is passed through the cervix and tied similar to the way one would tie a filled balloon. This stitch is expected to hold the pregnancy and the baby securely inside till we remove the stitch near delivery.
When should it be done?
An emergency stitch may have to be applied anytime during pregnancy when your doctor feels that the cervix is showing signs of opening. These signs may appear on ultrasound scan or while examining your cervix.
An elective procedure is usually done between 12-14 weeks of pregnancy.
What should I expect before the surgery?
You would be admitted to the hospital and put on some intravenous medication to quieten the uterus. Antibiotics may be started on the basis of your vaginal culture reports.
Surgery is usually performed under general anesthesia and takes around 30 minutes.
What happens after the surgery?
Slight bleeding and cramps in the stomach may happen after the surgery and you would be given medications to make you comfortable.
One usually needs to stay in the hospital for one or two days after the surgery to look for signs of miscarriage or any other complication.
Once you go home you should avoid exertion, vaginal intercourse and lift heavy weights( not more than 5-8 kgs) for the rest of the pregnancy.
Please inform your doctor immediately if you have any excessive discharge from the vagina/ fever/ pain in your belly or any other discomfort.
You must follow your doctor's advice on regular checkups and other investigations during the rest of the pregnancy.
When do we remove the stitch?
The stitch remains in place for the rest of the pregnancy till around 37 weeks. It may have to be removed earlier if you start your contractions or go into preterm labor.
The stitch is usually removed without any anesthesia but if there is any problem in its removal because of its position or extra tissue growing over it, then a short anesthesia may be required to cut it.
We often fear change in our daily routines, it makes us anxious and jittery. But sometimes change is often required to shake up your life and inculcate better and healthier daily habits. We are creatures of habit and linearity, and like to keep it so. Soon these new habits will be a part and parcel of your life in no time. But it is important to push yourself and be disciplined and not slack off when your body refuses to comply.
- Exercise daily: This habit can never be stressed upon enough. It gets your body up and running first thing in the morning, and helps to make you feel good about your body. When exercising daily, your body is fit and healthy, decreasing the risk of lifestyle diseases. The kind and level of exercises that you do is completely dependent upon your goals.
- Eat right: What you eat everyday by way of habit, makes more impact than you think. Stick to well-balanced meals that supply your body with just the right amount of proteins, carbohydrates, etc. Food also has an impact on your moods and it is important that you understand what each food does to different kinds of moods. Make sure you eat a power-packed breakfast for it is the only meal of the day that gives you enough energy to get through to the next meal.
- Limit your online time: Social media has become so much a part of our lives. But being online and making your social media presence felt all the time isn't all that 'cool', but a rather unhealthy habit. Checking your phone constantly for those incessant notifications, hearing ghost rings, can make you have extremely jumpy nerves. Limit the number of times you check your phone in a day, and have phases where you don't touch it at all, especially just before you go to bed. The glare of your smartphone can not only ruin your sleeping patterns but also your eyesight.
- Stay hydrated: You should drink a glass of water first thing in the morning, to wash out all the toxins that have accumulated overnight. This helps to boost your metabolism and raises your energy levels. Drink enough water the rest of the day to keep up this cleansing effect.
- Meditate: In a world that is now so virtual, it is integral that you take out time for yourself and yourself only. Meditation is a way by which you can find inner peace and clear your mind of all unnecessary thoughts. It helps you to focus on yourself, your goals and wants. Starting your day peacefully with intent and focus is the way to go.
It's all about trying and being disciplined enough to keep at it and succeed. It is for your betterment and will go a long way to keep you healthy mentally, physically and emotionally.
My mom is home maker. Her weight 70. She is having heavy blood loss in her menstrual cycle. She 39 years.
What is Karyotyping? Is this help to knw genetic disorder that can be transmitted to child from mother before conceiving baby?
I have regular pain during my periods and it becomes to much so I can't do anything and also can't sit for a while. Please suggest.
Dr. Sharmila majumdar
Sexual dysfunction is broadly defined as the inability to fully enjoy sexual intercourse.
The disorder must be deemed to have caused significant distress. In addition to the existing specifiers of lifelong vs acquired
Special nutritional needs are often required in special circumstances. Unlike adults from 20 to 60, children and elderly people have specific needs as their physical requirements are different. Just like pregnant women need tailor-made diets for their specific needs, children and elderly people also require appropriate diets without too much variation.
The requirement for geriatric or elderly nutrition:
As the body ages, certain functions within are slowed down and thus, the processes are not able to completely recuperate and replenish what was lost. Certain functions are affected more than others and hence, need specific nutrients to regenerate.
Tips for Geriatric Nutrition:
Let's take a look at some of the specific diet requirements as well as certain items, which should be avoided.
- Consumption of calcium rich foods - Bones are a part of the human body that tend to suffer a lot of wear and tear and they start showing signs of weakening after 60. It is thus, important to replenish calcium in the body to help the bones get their building blocks. Some examples of calcium-rich foods are almonds and green leafy vegetables like kale. Dairy products are also good as long as the fat content within them is low.
- Keeping the body hydrated - Although physical activity reduces with age, dehydration can still occur within senior people and thus, it is important that they remain hydrated. Simply drinking water may not be enough and juices or other water-rich foods such as watermelons should be used to supplement for hydration.
- Lessening sodium within the body - The presence of excess sodium in the body can cause blood pressure to shoot up and result in high blood pressure, which may then further result in more ailments like strokes. It is pertinent that foods rich in sodium such a red meats be lessened or cut out of the diet altogether.
- Lessening sugar consumption or any other foods that may exacerbate diabetes - Another factor to consider is the consumption of sugar and sugar-filled products. Not just for diabetics, but elderly people have a tendency to develop high blood sugar and hence, it is prudent to reduce sugar intake. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.