Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shobha RYour feedback matters!
I am 72. A year back my molar tooth (leftside) extracted by a dentist after that I got a catching on the left side of tongue tip. Some stiffness there and the dentist said that it some time happen due to nerve problem during surgery and advised me to take nurokind plus. I am taking this medicine for the past 10 months and find no improvement in the condition. I seek your advice in this matter.
My 6 year old daughter's 3 milk teeth fell off naturally, two of which came within a month's time but one teeth(top front) has not yet come,its almost 6 months now and still there is no sign of a new teeth coming in its place. Please guide me as to what can be done?
I am 25 years old. I have a problem of excess secretion of saliva. Please suggest homeopathic medicine.
I Have open bite and I know that I must do Orthodontics and surgery . BUT I do not have engouh money for that So im wondering if there is any alternative treatment for my condition Thank you.
I am suffering from mandibular tori in my lower jaw and I think it becomes large in size in one side . What should I do?Please tell.
I am 23 years old and I am suffering from chronic bad breath over the last ten years, even after thorough brushing and rinsing mouth well, the bad breath persists. I will be working in the coming next year and fear with my problem as I cannot interact properly. Please help.
I am getting mouth ulcers, which medicine do I need to take in order to get rid myself of these in less time. Help me out.
I am having a pain in my back tooth region I consulted dentist for which he said its because of wisdom tooth and advised to remove it. I just want to know is there any treatment a can save my tooth.
Hello doctor. Yesterday I felt hard bump on roof of my mouth while I was just touching tongue on it. When I checked in mirror it looks like small colourless lump just like other area of the skin. It is painless and to tongue it feels like some hard bone bump. I am feeling little scared because I smoke occasionally.
When I get up in the morning then & also for whole day there is a bad smell release from my mouth instead I am already do mouth fresh or colgate? Can you suggest any exercise/natural medicine by which it can resolve?
I am monthly getting patches on gums. They get recovered by themselves but doctor told me it is because of B12 deficiency. What are the natural sources of the same? What should I do?
Wat will be the cost for cleaning the teeth? If it's cleaned means it will be in white colour? What I should to keep the teeth shiny and white?
Dry mouth or Xerostomia is characterized by the drying of the mouth as a result of reduced saliva secretion. Secretion of an adequate amount of saliva helps in chewing & swallowing of food which in turn creates a healthy oral cavity. A recent study showed that women have more chances of getting a dry mouth as compared to men. If not diagnosed on time, dry mouth might lead to mouth infections, severe damage to the teeth enamel and gingivitis.
The symptoms of dry mouth include, but are not limited to:
- Craving for water in regular intervals.
- Swollen tongue.
- Dry eye.
- Significant trouble while swallowing, speaking or chewing along with disturbing bad breath.
- Severe headaches and formations of ulcers in the mouth
1. This condition might occur as a side effect of:
a. Other serious conditions such as GERD, Alzheimer's disease, HIV/AIDS etc.
b. Side effects of medical treatments such as chemotherapy and radiation therapy; this might result in significant damage to the salivary glands.
c. Side effects of drugs prescribed for diarrhea, nausea, asthma, obesity, depression, Parkinson's disease etc.
2. Abnormal consumption of marijuana, crystal methamphetamine and tobacco might cause dry mouth.
3. It can occur during pregnancy and breastfeeding, dry mouth can be a common occurrence because of acute dehydration.
4. Sleep apnea, snoring and breathing through your mouth instead of the nose on a daily basis might induce dry mouth.
5. Severe damage to the nerves might result in dry mouth conditions.
- A healthy amount of water consumption, about 3 liters every day, will help to keep the mouth wet.
- Application of toothpaste and mouthwashes containing fluoride twice a day will help to keep the mouth moist.
- You should change the dosages of medicines after consulting your doctor if Xerostomia is primarily occurring as a result of side effect of the drugs.
- Prescribed dosage of medicines such as "Pilocarpine" might induce increased saliva secretion.
- Try breathing through the nose instead of your mouth to avoid Xerostomia.
Negatively altered tooth shape or color affects not just the aesthetics, but also the person’s social image and self confidence. It can convert them into introverts who shy away from socialization. Teeth can lose their shape or color due to various reasons from hypo mineralized teeth, to food/tobacco stains, to fractures, trauma or tooth decay. If you are looking for a brilliant white smile with the perfect shape and alignment then veneers have the inherent ability of correcting all minor dental flaws creating a near perfect result.
A Veneer like its namesake is a thin perfectly shaped extension of tooth colored material which maybe composite , ceramic or a combination of the two. While composite resin veneers are fabricated over the affected tooth in a single sitting, the porcelain veneer requires taking impressions and the veneers are fabricated in the lab, which are then fixed on the tooth.
Veneers also help correct minor discolorations and mildly mishapen teeth. The choice of using composite or porcelain depends on a number of factors. Composite resin has a big advantage of reversibility. If the end result is not very satisfactory, then the entire restoration can be removed and a new veneer can be applied. With porcelains, the biggest advantage is their excellent resistance to staining. Even with long term use of coffee and tea, the chances of staining the porcelain veneers would be minimal.
Some of the properties of composite include:
- Requires less tooth reduction than a porcelain, thereby saving more natural tooth structure
- The material is extremely plastic and resinous, allowing sufficient working time for the dentist to achieve the desired shape and size of the veneer
- It is slightly porous and therefore, has a tendency to absorb water over a period of time and take in some stain
- Should be polished extremely well to achieve the natural looks
- May require replacement after about 3 to 5 years
- Can be done in one dental clinic visit
Some of the unique characteristics of porcelain include:
- The result of a well-done porcelain veneer produces an extremely natural looking tooth
- The best advantage of porcelain is that it is not porous and therefore once it is glazed, does not stain over a period of time. The typical discoloration around the edges of the veneers seen in composite restorations is not seen with porcelain veneers
- These veneers therefore last longer than the composite resin veneers
- They are more expensive compared to the composite resin veneers.
- They require at least 2-3 dental visits
The choice of the material for veneer and the result would depend ultimately on the patient’s aesthetic requirements and overall oral health maintenance. Having a detailed discussion with the dentist will help in choosing the right material and getting the maximum benefit out of it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.