Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shobha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShobhaYour feedback matters!
What contraceptive methods should be used by me to avoid sexually transmitted disease such as syphilis or gonorrhea.
I'm not getting my monthly period from last 2 months and I already check 2 times by prega news. Its result is coming negative. and before 2 months back I took the carpela and my thyroid nproteintest is normal. Please suggest.
I missed my period. Last period is 26th feb. Sometimes I feel so tired, tendency to vomit, swooing. Suddenly get swooing and stopped within seconds. I test pregnancy after 7days but it is negative. Why it so happened?
I had done sex with my husband and he want baby but I don't want baby now. So I took anti pregnancy pills but I vomit it within one hour. And again there made relation between us and again I took medicine. And again same thing happened but this time I took anti pregnancy pills of i-pill which can be taken after one week of sex. And now I got my periods on 28 but it's not the same like always. It's color is blackish and flow is very very less. I want to ask that there is any chances of getting pregnant or not.
I am 31 weeks pregnant, I did my blood sugar fasting and PP test on 10 dec, which shoes 106.8 blood sugar fasting, 134.6 post prandial, however my gynaec suggested me to check with gloccometer 3 time a day that is b4 breakfast, lunch and dinner, also advice to consult diabetic doctor ,who told me to to take insulin every day, is it necessary that I hve to take insulin ,i do not want to take insulin injection, I started following my diabetic diet. Kindly advice, is it safe to take insulin during this stage or should I wait for few more weeks checking my sugar level.
Cervical cancer occurs in the cervical cells which are present in the lower part of the uterus. It is usually caused by human papillomavirus (HPV) which is transmitted sexually. However, in some cases, the virus may survive for a few years, causing some cells of the cervix to become cancerous.
Cervical cancer is usually classified into two types:
- Adenocarcinoma: This type of cancer starts in the column shaped glandular cells along the lining of the cervix.
- Squamous cell carcinoma: Most cases of cervical cancer are of this type. Here, the cancer occurs in the flat and thin cells that are present in the outer region of the cervix.
Symptoms: Usually, very few symptoms show up in the initial stages. However, the latter stages tell a different story. The symptoms at an advanced stage are:
- You may experience pain during sexual intercourse
- Foul smelling discharge from the vagina
- Bleeding from the vagina during sexual intercourse
Causes: Cervical cancer develops due to the mutation of healthy cells which makes turns them into malignant (cancerous) cells. The cancerous cells tend to grow at a fast pace, thus accumulating and forming a tumor. The cancerous cells may also spread to the adjoining areas of the body.
There are certain factors which increase your chances of being affected by cervical cancer:
- Too many sexual partners: The chances of cervical cancer increase significantly if you have multiple sexual partners.
- A weak immune system: A weak immune system makes you highly susceptible to cervical cancer.
- Lifestyle factors: Various lifestyle factors such as smoking can increase your risk of cervical cancer.
The treatment for cervical cancer involves the following:
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy involves injecting chemicals into the vein to destroy the cancer cells.
- Radiation therapy: Radiation therapy consists of using x-rays to destroy the cancer cells. Radiation therapy may be used alongside chemotherapy to destroy cancer cells.
- Surgery: Hysterectomy is a surgical procedure that is used in the treatment of cervical cancer. It involves removal of the uterus to treat this disorder. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Hi, I'm 28 years old male I have small penis 2 inch only when it's erected it's 3 inch the problem is when I have sex with my wife I have some erecting problem and also I released only less amount of sperms and also and after having sex the sperms coming out of my wife's vagina after sometimes. Is there any major problem is there any problem to my wife be pregnant please solve my problem. Before marriage I masturbate frequently is that affecting now. Please suggest something effectively.
We want to have baby there is no plan we have decided. So Can we have sex with my wife after are 5 days periods completed Is it will cause any problem for pregnancy.
- The menopause is a normal part of life; it is not a disease or a condition.
- Even though it is the time of the woman's last period, symptoms may begin many years earlier. Also, some women may experience symptoms for months or years afterward.
- In the united states, the average age for the menopause is 51.
- Perimenopause is the 3-5-year period before the menopause when a woman's estrogen levels begin to drop.