Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. ShobhaYour feedback matters!
Hi, I want to use triquilar 21 tab for birth control. Pls advice from which day of my cycle I have to start. The pack. Mine is a 30 day cycle. Thanks.
My wife had taken abortion pill on 1. That day pain was heavy and even the bleeding. But slowly its decreasing. But I am worried even its bleeding on 5 day. I just want to know is it normal or there is something to be worried Note-pain and bleeding is decreasing a bit daily.
I'm married to 21 year old male in my village, I want to know can we have sex without protection? My age is almost 17 years. Can you give me ideas to have safe sex please. Thank you.
How pregnancy happens at a glance:
Pregnancy is caused by semen (ejaculate or cum) or pre-cum getting inside the vagina.
You can avoid pregnancy by not having sex or using both condoms and birth control every time you have sex.
Emergency contraception (the morning-after pill) can prevent pregnancy up to five days AFTER unprotected sex.
How do you get pregnant?
Here's what CAN cause pregnancy: semen (ejaculate) or pre-ejaculate (pre-cum ) getting inside the vagina. Most often, this happens from vaginal sex (penis-in-vagina). Less often, it happens when semen gets on the vulva.
Semen comes out of the penis during orgasm, and it's chock full of sperm. Pre-ejaculate (pre-cum) is a much smaller amount of fluid (usually just a few drops) that's sometimes released from the penis before and during sex. It's usually such a small amount that it can be hard to tell if any has come out, but it can have a little bit of sperm in it. The chance of getting pregnant from pre-cum is much less than the chance of getting pregnant from semen, but it still might be possible.
Since guys can't control when pre-cum comes out, and it can happen anytime, you need to put on a condom BEFORE you start having sex and wear it the entire time.
Here's what CAN'T cause pregnancy (unless sperm somehow comes into contact with the vagina or vulva):
Pregnancy can also happen with the aid of doctors and fertility treatments, like IVF and alternative insemination. People may choose these treatments if they have health conditions that make getting pregnant more difficult, because they are single, because they are in a relationship with another woman, or lots of other reasons. Learn more about fertility treatments.
How can I avoid pregnancy?
There are two ways to avoid pregnancy:
Don't have sex.
Use both a condom AND birth control every time (and the entire time) you have sex.
Can I get pregnant if his penis gets near my vagina but not in it?
Pregnancy can happen when sperm (from cum or pre-cum) gets in the vagina or on the vulva. This usually happens when two people have vaginal (penis-in-vagina) sex.
If sperm comes in contact with the vagina or vulva during body rubbing/dry humping without clothes, there’s a small chance of pregnancy (even if you don't actually have his penis in your vagina).
If you’re concerned about the risk of pregnancy, use birth control like the pill or IUD. And use condoms along with the birth control to reduce the risk of STDs.
If you’re thinking about having vaginal sex, talk about what kind of birth control you want to use with your boyfriend/girlfriend. It’s also a good idea to talk with a parent or another trusted adult, and then visit a doctor, nurse, or health care provider to choose a method and get on birth control. The staff at your local Planned Parenthood health center can help. You can also take our quiz to find out what method of birth control may be best for you.
I'm having my periods from past 13-14 days. In the beginning the flow wasn't that heavy but from the past few days its really heavy. Prior to this I was having normal regular menstrual cycle. This irregularity has happened once before and I went to the doctor. She cited the problem as hormonal imbalance and gave me some medicines and it was normal after that.
Hello doctor, 2 days ago I found that my girlfriend is pregnant we are in shock we do not want this baby her last date was on 7th jan we had sex on 22 jan and on 5th feb after that she took unwanted 72 which may fail so please help me tell some medicine and I consulted a doctor about this he said to take mt pill is it beneficial the pregnancy period is of 17 days. Please help.
I am pregnant and I want to abort my baby. Prescribe me medicine in medical abortion. I cannot visit to doctor .tell me everything regarding aborting .and how to take pills.
Dear Doctor we are newly married couple now my wife medical report said she is having Thyroid TSH E411 8.52 which is high also she have Bilateral Polycystic Ovaries kindly clear our doubt this will not prevent her from pregnancy if taking medicine will she get pregnant- Please Clarify.
I have done sex with my gf 2 day ago by using condom BT she has a doubt of getting pregnant so is there any way of testing pregnancy.
I am pregnant and 4th month has started. While intercourse I felt a strong push up in my stomach. I was worried because my husband put weight on me while intercourse. Pls suggest.
Food craving is absolutely normal during pregnancy. Junk food craving is a cause of concern, be it a pizza or a doughnut or any other junk food you can think of.
From the very onset of your pregnancy to delivery, you and your baby are undergoing constant changes. Major ones are:
- Food cravings
- Your weight
- Blood pressure fluctuation
- Blood sugar levels
- Mood swings
The following are the Do's and Dont's to ensure that your food cravings are healthy and benefit you and young one!
- Absence of Whole Grain: Fibre is a nutrient essential for energy and also helps in smooth bowel movements. The doughnut or pizza base does not have whole fibre even if they claim to, so there are more chances of you having bouts of constipation.
- Salt from Mayonnaise and Sauces: Without an extra blob of mayonnaise that Sub sandwich will not taste as good and moreover it has high amount of salt, which is just not friendly to a fluctuating blood pressure, it may also cause swollen feet due to water retention in your body.
- Limited Nutrient Quotient: Junk food has very limited meat or vegetables. The major portion of any junk food is the fattening, less nutrient cheese. This will surely affect the nutrient intake of the expecting mother and her baby.
- Sugars and Fats: Many expecting mothers have a craving for nibbling chocolates at unearthly hours. Foods high in sugar are known to cause mood swings and irritations. This could shoot up your blood pressure or even include gestational diabetes as a chain reaction.
- Expecting Mother to the Baby: By eating all the fast food which is fully loaded with sugar, salt and fat; rest assured it goes directly to the baby. Babies born obese and with other health disorders, tend to develop associated health disorders in their growing years or later on in life.
Tips to Stop Junk Food Cravings?
'You are what you eat' and so is your unborn baby. To make sure both of you get the rightly balanced, healthy, good nutrition, it is very important that you completely avoid fast food during pregnancy. Some tips to tackle junk food cravings:
- Clean your Kitchen Stock: Get rid of all junk food in the house and stock it up with healthy snacks – preferably organic. You can opt for baked options, rather than fried. Buying an oven is an excellent idea, so that you can make and eat tasty, healthy and nutritious snacks at home without preservatives and additives.
- Snack on Fruits and Nuts: These are so much better than artificially prepared munch bites you get from the local supermarkets. Have fruits and always keep dry fruits handy to fulfil the craving in you. Always eat fruits as soon as you cut them, as they lose their nutrients soon after they are cut.
- Photograph Therapy: Put up a nice, huge photograph of a curvy you, prior to pregnancy. The more you eat now, the harder you will have to struggle to get back into shape after delivery hence; this will surely make you strong enough to escape the lure of junk food.
It is important for you to always keep a watch on your pregnancy diet what you eat and want to eat. If you can't, do take the help of a family member or a friend to keep you away from junk food.
My wife gets abnormal periods. Cycle and always complain a about low hemoglobin even after treatment I want permanent solution please help.
I am having irregular periods from last 2 months .I was late by more than 6 days and same is the case this month. I also have some mood swings at times and even though I went to gym for 3 months during aug to oct I did put on weight .what could be the reason plzz ans.
I'm pregnant. My baby heart rate is 149bpm in 8th week and b160bpm in 11th week. I'm very curious about my baby gender. Any one tellmee what baby I'm having.
I am 22 years old girl and i'm having vaginal itching again and again since 3 months what should I do? I have taken a lot of medicine but no solution comes out please suggest me some medicine or natural home remedies.
I am 24yr old female. I have completed 5th month pregnacy. I want to ask that can I eat dry fruits during pregnancy. Please tell is it safe to it or not? and how much countity. And it is safe to eat kaju and pista?
She is having problem of period which come in a abnormal way nd it is not predicted when it was going to happen with heavy bleeding. Is this is a serious issue kindly suggest.
For an expecting mother, nothing is more important than the safety and well-being of her unborn child. With due care, a mom-to-be can prevent complications that may arise in pregnancy by avoiding certain potential risks. Read on to find out the 5 things pregnant women must avoid at all costs in order to have a safe pregnancy.
1. Caffeine: It’s wise to avoid coffee, tea or even sodas that contain caffeine, as it can adversely affect the baby’s heart rate. Some studies go on to suggest that the consumption of caffeine may even increase the risk of miscarriages. Not only that, the intake of caffeine by the mother can increase the chances of the baby getting diabetes. So anything that contains caffeine must be avoided at all costs.
2. Abdominal X-rays: Abdominal X-rays during pregnancy are a big no. This kind of X-ray exposes the abdomen of the mother, and the baby as a consequence, to high levels of radiation, which can cause changes in the baby’s rapidly growing cells. As a result, the baby’s chances of suffering from birth defects or certain cancers, such as leukaemia later on in life, increase rapidly. It is best to avoid X-rays until absolutely necessary. However, you must avoid self meditation.
3. Heavy exercising: While moderate exercising during pregnancy is very healthy for both the baby and the mother, extreme exercising can give rise to quite a few complications. Exercises, which cause the heart rate of the mother to exceed the mark of 160 bpm (beats per minute) may result in the supply of less oxygen to the baby. This can lead to foetal hypoxia, a condition in which the supply of oxygen to the brain of the baby is restricted, resulting in brain damage. Exercises that must be avoided include abdominal crunches, exercises that hurt the mother’s joints or strain her back or which require her to hold her breath for too long.
4. Alcohol: All types of alcohol must be avoided during pregnancy. Consumption of alcohol during these 9 months has been associated with several birth defects such as poor growth, learning disabilities and mental retardation. In worst case scenarios, excessive alcohol consumption during pregnancy can lead to what is known as Foetal Alcohol Syndrome or FAS, which severely affects the mental development and physical growth of the unborn child, particularly of the face and skull. Also, you must quit smoking.
5. Stress: Stress can trigger various health problems, which can be bad for both the baby and the mother. Studies have revealed the emotional environment of the mother is experienced by the baby as well. In fact, a particular study has shown that any kind of stress, whether it be work related or stress caused by strain in relationships, can affect the mental development of the child. This as result can lead to the child developing certain behavioural disorders such as fears and phobias, which remain way into his adulthood.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Approximately fifty herbs are used to prepare this classical oil mentioned in bhaishjya ratnawali - a prestigious testimony in ayurvedic world.
This oil not only enhances sex power but also used in vata ailments, diseases of uterus and epilepsy, mania, mental weakness and also sharpens memory brain power.
It's a potent nervine tonic.
This is named as shrigopal tel. Various companies may have slightly variable manufacturing procedures which gives variable degree of results for different problems.
Before using it is better to get advise and instructions from a qualified vaidya i. E. Ayurveda specialist.