Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shobha
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. ShobhaYour feedback matters!
My two upper front teeth are big and slightly bent outwards from mouth, can it be corrected, what will be cost of treatment.
I always suffer from mouth ulcers. It's gets spread all over my mouth including throat. It's really very painful. I even can't eat or drink anything. And the main issue is allopathic medicine doesn't suit me. I only prefer homeopathic medicine.
My teeth are yellow. In the corner of the teeth thre is white and bad smelling things which is not removed very well thr .
I am 18 years old and for last 1.5 months I watched a lump in my mouth in mucosa area it does not hurts bit I had to know about it.
Sir, मुझे एक सप्ताह से बुखार हैं और मुँह में छाले भी हो गये हैं । दवा लेने के बाद बुखार और छाले दोनों सही हो गये । लेकिन इस समय मै और परेशान हो गया हूं मुँह से अजीब प्रकार का smell आ रही हैं, बहुत ज्यादा कमजोरी और चक्कर आ रहा हैं । [Auto Translated by Google: Sir, I have a week of fever and mouth ulcers are. Fever and blisters after taking the drug were both right. But this time, I am upset and sort of weird smell coming from the mouth, are very weak and dizzy.]
My 4 years child has 2 small glands in left and right gland. It is soft and flexible. Now he says that he has a pain in that while I pressure it. What is that?
I am suffered mouth ulcers for once a month. Why this problem is come for me & what is the reasons to come mouth ulcer how to prevent it ?
Unlike other teeth which erupt at specific period of time, the wisdom teeth, in normal adults, erupt anytime from late teenage years to adulthood. The refined food habits in the recent times have reduced the need for a third molar. Also, our jaw sizes have reduced with evolution, and oftentimes, there is less space for these to erupt completely, causing their impaction. The chances of infection developing within the tooth and in the surrounding tissues is very high, requiring removal. Before you go ahead with removal, know the following four things.
- Get a buddy: In addition to the effects of anesthesia, there also would be moderate pain and discomfort, depending on how traumatic the extraction was. It is always best to have someone accompany you for the visit. This also helps you reach home safely without having to drive.
- Numb tongue and lips: The wisdom tooth removal is done under a local anesthesia where the entire quadrant is numbed before the procedure. Therefore, the chances of chewing on the tongue and the lip are quite high. Be careful to consciously avoid this as there are a lot of people who do not feel pain, but continue to chew on the tongue or lip and end up with injuries.
- Pain Management: Once the effect of anesthesia wears off, the pain will slowly set in, and will depend on how traumatic the extraction was. It is always advisable to take a pain killer before the anesthetic effect wears off, usually 30 to 40 minutes after the extraction process is over.
- Diet: For the first couple of days, stay on a completely soft diet with nothing spicy, hard, or hot to eat. One of the best things to have after an extraction is an ice cream, which can be continued for a couple of days after the extraction. Yogurt, smoothies, milkshakes, mashed vegetables and well-cooked rice are all good food choices.
- Smoking: If you have had an extraction, avoid smoking for at least a week. The negative pressure created during smoking can dislodge the clot that is formed in the tooth socket. This can lead to a complication called dry socket, which can be very painful. Avoid smoking at all costs, especially with wisdom tooth extractions.
- Postoperative follow-up: Based on the complexity of the extraction, a postoperative follow-up would be required. Be prompt in following up with your dentist for suture removal, check on socket healing and postoperative irrigation of the surgical site. Resume routine oral hygiene practices as recommended by the doctor.
Wisdom tooth removal requires a little extra caution as compared to a normal extraction, the ideal thing to do is to follow your dentist’s advice.