Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ShobhaYour feedback matters!
Respected sir/madam, 2 years my tooth got broken. Now I feel sensitivity in that tooth that too only at night. I am unable to sleep because of that pain. Can you recommend some medicines? Please it pains like Hell.
I am 21 yrs old I have problem in my teeth since 2 months my 2 teeth sensitivity issue every time. please suggest me what to do?
My friend is having a lot of gaps between his teeth. I went through internet and found the gaps are due to smaller tooth underdeveloped. I have read that I might need to transplant a new tooth. Is there any other way to reduce the gaps please help.
Sir I have tooth pain due to cavity between two teeth mention how can I proceed to cure cavity give me suggestions please I am type 2 diabetic.
I eat gutkha and now I have stopped eating. I can't open my mouth is there any medicine or exercise so that it can help me to open my mouth again.
: I have a bad breath problem for past one decade so far I never had a treatment on bad breath. After brushing my teeth I would sense less bad breath for an hour, but it smells worst after some time. I need to know is it the problem of internal organ like kidney and liver disease or it may be a kind of cancer. I do not drink and smoke. And I need an permanent solution.
I am 38 year old male. whenever I drink alcohol I get my mouth corners cut and around mouth itching gets started and redness occurs .please send me remedy I think I am having alcohol allergy .before 6 months it was not that case.
My teeth are little yellowish in colour which toothpaste or mouthwash do I have to use to get rid of that?
I am 20 years old. I am suffering lot of dental problems. All molar expt third molar are filled amalgam. I have done rootcanal treatment fot my later incisor and 2premolar. And 1 later incisor is lost and doctor said to root canal treatment. 2teeth 1molar and premolar are removed. What ido to conserve the remaining? what is the reason for this problems? I brush twice a day?.
While we all dream of a white set of pearly teeth that can be flashed off when we smile, in reality, there are lot of oral problems that do not allow you to do so. There could be stains on the teeth, swollen or bleeding gums, bad breath and the list goes on. All of these can be easily managed by following some regular oral hygiene practices. While most people do not realize, the gums hold the teeth in place and are very essential for overall dental and oral health.
- Brushing: A much despised activity, this is one habit that should start early in life and continued through life. The benefits of good brushing, practiced at least twice a day, cannot be underestimated. While it is advisable to brush with each meal that was soft and sticky, it may seem impractical. An alternate is to rinse off with each meal thoroughly to prevent sticking of foods to the teeth. Twice a day brushing is mandatory. Check with your doctor on the correct technique, to avoid damage to tooth structure.
- Rinses: Each meal should be followed by a thorough rinse to clear the tooth surfaces of foods that may stick to it and continue to cause damage. Where possible, an antibacterial mouth rinse should be used. If not, plain water is a good substitute.
- Flossing: While brushing takes care of the tooth surfaces, there are surfaces between the teeth which escape cleaning via brushing. Flossing is advisable for these areas and should be done at least once daily.
- Gum massage: After each brushing session, do a plain finger massage that will help in improving blood circulation and improve the health of gums.
- Fluoride: If you know that you are highly prone to caries, then using fluoridated toothpastes or fluoride pastes should be a good option to reduce incidence of caries.
- Scaling: A professional cleaning at a dental clinic at least once in 6 months is a must. This will help identify any early decay and also remove dirt and plaque from the tooth, leaving it healthy and free of infection.
The gums, as noted earlier, are extremely important to keep the teeth in place. Weakened gum health as indicated by swelling, bleeding, or redness should be immediately checked by a dentist and treated. The health of the periodontal fibers helps hold the teeth firmly in place. Damaged fibers can also lead to tooth mobility and eventual tooth loss. So, when gum disease is suspected, it is always advisable to visit a dentist and get them checked and cleaned if necessary.
These are some oral health practices which must be started early in life and followed religiously to get rich dividends.