Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. ShobaYour feedback matters!
I want to study but when any one teachs me then I understand but afterward I forgot everything what should I do.
Doctor, I'm totally tired of my life now. After 3 days my board exams are going to start and I've forgotten everything which is in my PCM subjects. I am not able to concentrate for a single minute. I tried everything from yoga to doctor. I just want to die. Please help!
Heavy forehead blurred eyes intoxication like situation without drinking avoid light live in dark keep close lights during night in light feel dizziness it appears I would be faint Always sad feel like who am I why I am here Fear of death feel could not breath think hospital where I would get oxygen and would save my life I live with my family but feel alone feel something missing My three year old son comes to me I ignore him Restlessness helpless seems my life is out of control what would I do Neither I want to die nor live like this Thought comes I drink alcohol till unconsciousness and do suicide Please help me as I am suffering from chronic liver disease Is this problem related to liver problem or other I lost hope how I would get back in my life.
I am smoking for the last 8 years & I want to leave it, I cannot afford expensive medicines. Kindly suggest something.
I am a regular smoker. I am trying to quit smoking but it is so difficult. Tell me the way to quit it easily or what should I take so that it dies not affect my health too much.
Sir I am an engineering students. I have been facing stress full college life and love. So that I can't sleep daily sleep will not come for me. Please prescribe me sleeping pills for my problem.
I have been trying to concentrate on my studies. But when I start to study, I am having headache and dizziness and I am not able to concentrate on any other activities. Pls help me.
I have an problem during sex because of getting smoke in every day of gudang garam. Can you please told me the solution from recover it. Too getting future life enjoyed.
I am a 24 year old, work for a multinational consulting firm. My father has been suffering from paranoid schizophrenia from past 20 years. I consider myself to be an introvert and had a rough time growing up. Should I be concerned about my overall mental health?
I got married before 1 year. Nd because or much different atmosphere I became a patient of mood swings nd stress. Hw can I get rid of this problem.
I am 20 years old girl. When I am in small class like from class 1 to 8 my studies is going well n I got good marks and after when I started to have relationship with my boyfriend when I study in higher secondary my studies is not going well. What happen to me? Will you please help me to solve this problems and give some idea about it. Why?
Dear Dr. my age is 33 year my problem is depression, fatigue, muscle spasms ,chronic pain, poor sleep ,difficulty swallowing so blood report serum cal result 10.1 mg /DL ,magnesium 0.9 and phoprous 3.9 so advice sir what is problem.
I am suffering from cold and cough from past three days and I also have body pain, please suggest me what can I do?
Bipolar disorder is a condition where the patient may go through certain periods of extreme happiness and joy which is known as mania. On the other hand, there may be other periods where the patient may be extremely sad and depressed and even suicidal.
In some individuals, these phases may last quite long whereas, in others, they may change very quickly. However, there are certain common symptoms displayed by patients with bipolar disorder. Let's look at a few of them.
- Feeling extremely happy, to the point of being careless - Certain patients, at the onset of bipolar disorder, will feel extremely happy and have their sense of judgment hampered. When patients feel very elated without proper context, or for very small reasons, it could be an indication that the person is experiencing mania.
- Feeling extremely depressed - Similarly, on the other end of the spectrum, if a person feels extremely depressed without an appropriate reason, it may be due to bipolar disorder. Also, the severity of depression and the length of time for which a person experiences it is also an indicator of the condition.
- Lack of interest in activities which formerly interested you - You may suddenly lose interest in an activity that genuinely interested you earlier. This may include your profession or hobbies.
- Loss of appetite during the depression phases - During the phases of depression or sadness, which may sometimes last for months, a person may rapidly lose weight due to lack of interest in food. Even for patients who have shorter cycles of changes lasting for only a few weeks, this will be noticeable.
- Extreme restlessness and lack of sleep during the manic phases - When the person enters a manic or happy cycle, it may trigger over enthusiasm, restlessness and lack of sleep. This, like the depression phase, will also vary from patient to patient and may continue for the entire duration of the phase. A jump from a depression cycle into this phase will be definitely noticed by others.
If a few of these symptoms are detected, then the patient should be taken to a mental health professional for appropriate treatment as soon as possible.