Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
I am suffering from stammering/shuttering since I was in 6 class. Please give me your valuable suggestion.
Stress management is an art. Management starts long before appearance of stressful condition.A wise man often anticipates the possible future situation and prepares himself accordingly. For example you study well whole year to avoid stress at annual exam time. This preparation for facing stress is the first step.
Then comes the question what to do in sudden unexpected situations. Look as a human being you may not capable of dealing with every environmental stressors. Whenever an un-expected situation arises you must seek help from others. There are people wiser and mightier than you to solve your problem, you must approach them without hesitation.
During stressful conditions, you should adopt problem solving approach. This means you should be thinking about the ways to get out of the situation. You may have various options, and you should choose the most adequate option to solve your problems.
Never ever blame your supports (Your dear ones, friends, wellwishers etc), rather be thankful to them for their kind help. Try to come into your regular routine at the earliest. Take healthy timely meals, adequate rest, leisure and sleep.
Basically I am using mobile screen at an average of 5 hours a day I want to know that what arts the effects and also mention symptoms thanks.
Hello Dr. My friend is suffering from some business problems. Due to this problem he is suffering from insomnia, stress and tension. He don't want to take Allopathic medicine. Please suggest some alternative method. What diet should he take, or exercise, or anything else he can do to get rid of the problem. than.
I need an advise from a psychiatrist from this as per my knowledge. I had a too much heavy drinking last week. Schedule for it was as below 6th April - starting from 5 pm to 12 am, 750 ml bottle, next day also I was high. 7th April - no drink 8 April - 350 ml approx 9 April - noon to night 600 ml approx. 9 April night to 10 April morning I was awake till 6 am. This is most heavy drinking I ever had in my life. Issues I'm facing since 11 April is, 1. I'm doing my activities normally which are fit in my subconscious 2. I'm feeling very numb. 3. I'm noticing from inside that my alertness has reduced. 4. I'm not able to communicate properly, 5. In working time as well it's all different, 6. I'm not able to concentrate on multiple tasks, 7. My voice breaks while talking, as if I'm still drunk. 8. Having deep thoughts negative positive both. 9. Not able to think much. 10. Thought pattern changed after this much alcohol. Need an advise how to get normal again with my thoughts process? My own health? I have depression issue since I was in teenage. I want to quit drinking since I don't want to harm my mental health, physically I'm fit, and no physical disorders detected till now. Please help and advice on this. I'm feeling very helpless and tired.
I can not concentrate on study while studying I can't remember what ever I read and how I can increase my IQ. I want to that what ever I read it will remember for long time.
I am 27 year old male, I have been suffering from Blocked nose from three years, so I'm going depress, please help me!
I am 16 years boy and I am suffering from severe depression .it seems my brain stopped working and also symptoms are like loss of interest, lack of thoughts, feelings,imagination .even I am not able to express my emotions. Its like my gone empty. There is no single thought even. I have lost my interest. I want to know that whether this is depression .or anything else like psychosis, or schizophrenia, or any other bipolar disorder.
I am a 41 year old male, I was on depression medication for 12 years and consumption of alcohol for 22 years, both are stopped since last three months. 1. Gas and Acidity 2. Back pain 3. Weight loss / dieting 4. Pain all over body, like hitting with pin. 5. Heaviness in the head loose of balance 6. Recently started Migraine issues 7. Eye weakness, flickering at times. 8. Dizziness.
I feel like I don't fear for anything but in reality I feel tension for small things and I feel over anxiety money time how to decrease all this and how to stay cool.
I at 53 started my menopause. After which I have seen changes in my self. I am angry. Agitated. Suspicious. generally unhappy. Before this I was just d opposite. .Please tell.
My father is 50 years old & suffering from spinal problems and he is recovering but he also has depression due to spinal problems. He every minute have suicidal thoughts and speak the same thing to leave him somewhere. Medicine is going on from 1 and half month but still no benefit. We unable to do anything. What to do?
I am addicted to watch porn. I really want to avoid that but can't control myself. How to avoid that?
Last 1year I feel very energy less. N reapeatly negetiv thought come in my mind. Cant do concentrate to other work.Beheviyr r to be change. Not feel happy n plesure to do work. Provide help?
I met a psychologist a month ago and I am unable to explain my problem I gone there to explain but I am unable to explain even single one what should I do.
Anorexia nervosa is a type of eating disorder, which falls under the category of psychological disorders. The patient becomes extremely thin and has an unreal perception of body weight. This unreal perception involves a fear of becoming fat. The primary symptoms are fasting, an aversion for food, obsessive thought about weight loss etc.
Here are the usual treatments for anorexia nervosa according to the progression of the disease.
- Medications: The first thing your doctors will do is prescribe medications to make sure that the patient has come back to a health condition, which is stable. This is because anorexia causes heart problems, depression and osteoporosis among other physical complications. The doctor will be giving separate medications for all of them. Once you start feeling better, the doctor will stop giving you medications. Sometimes medication also has to be given for malnutrition or starvation if the disease has set in far too deep.
- Counselling: The primary type of counselling, which will take place is nutritional counselling. Dietitians can help you with this, as they teach healthy eating patterns and know how to make you follow it therefore, this is a crucial part of the recovery process which should not be neglected.
- Therapy: Firstly, therapy and counselling are different treatment procedures. The main difference between the two is the focus of the treatment. Therapy is done by psychologists who help deal with what causes your hate of eating and try to eliminate these mental issues while counselling is done by counsellors who are there to help sort out your eating disorders.
- Nutritional rehabilitation: This is a more serious form of counselling. The counsellors generally try unconventional methods at this stage to make sure that you are eating properly and will eat properly in the future. This is because by this stage the progression of the disease is more serious and weight has to be gained immediately.
- Starvation treatment: By this stage, nutrition has to be given in the form of fluids and you will be having severe health problems all of which need medication.