Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ShivshankarYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from hair loss can you suggest me something. Please try to give more natural solutions rather than artificial.
I am 18 my skin is oily some what but past I have a good color. Of my face but nw iam becoming. Black please. Just some thing that I can improve. My colour and I want to grow little. Hight also please just me easy way.
Skin problem it's very dry on my cheeks n oily on my forehead as well as m having health problem too I have tried lots of protein n dite but still ma wait iz 50 please suggest me I want to gain my Wight ma height is 5.11.
My penis foreskin is joint at the tip. Is it breakable if yes. Then how it will break. Or how much time it will took.
I am 40 n hv got pigmentation on my face. Pls recommend some good medicines or any natural ointments.
I am 19 year old and I have been getting a series of stomach aches these days. I am also suffering from acne. Please help!
My hair is quite frizzy. Instead of going in for keratin smoothing therapy is there a natural or less expensive way of smoothing my hair?
- In extreme cases, it could. Your hair needs protein and iron to stay healthy, along with omega-3 fatty acids, zinc, and vitamin a, but not too much -- which can promote hair loss.
- Very low-cal diets are often lacking in sufficient nutrients and can stunt hair growth or leave hair dull and limp. If the nutritional deficiency is big enough -- like for someone with an eating disorder -- hair can fall out.
I am 23 years old female and have recurrence of pimple/acne on my face and they heal by leaving scars although I have taken treatment for 1 year but they start appearing again. What should I do to get rid of them permanently.
I had white hair. Since my 15years age, now I am 30 yrs. And also I have hair fall problem. And how to regrowth my hair. Suggest me. How to cure my problem.
My hair falls everyday. I used many hair oil for stop this process of hair fall. But it has no changes. If I touch my hair, then 6-7 hair falls in each touch. What will I do?
I have very smooth (I mean silky) hair. I want to get thicker and stronger hair can you suggest something.
The skin is known as the largest organ in the human body. It covers us from top to toe and has three layers:
- Epidermis: The outermost layer
- Dermis: Lies just beneath the Epidermis
- Hypodermis: It holds the fat and connective tissue
Our skin requires constant care and protection because it is exposed to the ravages of pollution, dust and harmful UV rays. Let us consider the following reasons for taking care of the skin.
- Free Radicals: The particles or molecules that escape from dust, pollution and other such factors in everyday urban living, settle on the skin and clog the pores. It is important to clean the skin every single day and exfoliate at least once a week with a trip to the salon or with a facial scrub at home, so that these can be removed.
- Dead Cells: The skin throws up dead cells on a daily basis, which may not be obvious to the naked eye. These need to be cleared daily as they can also clog the pores and give rise to acne, skin infection and other skin conditions, that can take a turn for the worse with ailments like Melanoma and skin cancer.
- Elasticity: One must keep the skin clean and use anti aging products in a timely manner along with a good moisturiser and sunscreen, so that the supple quality and glow is kept intact with a regular cleanse of the collagen, which can be prevented from slipping away due to neglect. This collagen keeps the elasticity of the skin which makes the skin look firm and young.
- Prevention: One must clean the skin and use skin care products that prevent premature aging and accumulation of free radicals. Prevention is better than cure and this stands true in the case of skin care as well.
- UV Rays: The powerful UV rays can hit your skin persistently and cause long term damage and sun spots. In order to lessen the damaging effect, it is important to use protective skin care products that will help in keeping freckles, age spots, brown spots, skin peeling and excessive sunburn and tanning at bay.
- Skin Problems and Allergies: Bug bites, injuries and other allergies must be taken care of instantly with a visit to the doctor or medicated creams and medication. This will ensure that the delicate texture of the skin does not get marred by possible infection.
It is important to look after your skin with a proper routine of cleansing, toning and moisturising. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.