Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shivayogi TcYour feedback matters!
Which medicine are the best to the pimple How can clean pimple on skin How to abdomen go back I am 16 year old.
I have problem of hair loss. Loosing my hair very quickly. What can I do for that in less amount of money?
I have black spot as well as pimples. I used many cream but no solutions last 4 months. Please help me.
Doctor I sometimes get itching sensations on my body. One experience I had today. I had ordered clothes online. When it arrived I tried them on. After that I started feeling itchy which was there for 5-10 minutes. Can you tell me the reason for that? Also after I take shower once I get myself dry I start feeling itchy. Mostly on the spine area.
Before 3 month I have a lump in my neck. I visit dictor and they take some test. Fnac is found normal but thyroid tsh is 6.110. Problem is I have still lump in my nack after taking thyronorm 25mch per day 1 tablet. Is in future I may suffer from cancer I used to eat tobacco from last 8 years and I am 32 years old.My gender is male.
I have been using revidox lb tablet and metrogyl 2% recommended by my dermatologist but my acne on cheeks are not going away please suggest your valuable information.
Sir. I want to know how I will get tid of my black lips? I don't even smoke. They are getting black. N my family is thinking that I smoke cigarette! So plzzzzz Sir, tell me how to get rid of it?
Please help me to I get rid of the itchy and painful rashes appeared on my whole body due to the hot climate.
There are different types of skin and they need care according to their specific type. A secret to healthy skin is maintaining a daily skin care regimen. To construct a beneficial routine, it is important to know your skin type. Learn about the different types and its symptoms to identify your own.
Skin Types and their characteristics:
- Dry - You have rough, scaly and flaky skin, which lacks hydration.
- Oily - Greasy, excessive oil, particularly on the T-zone, is usually accompanied by large pores.
- Normal - Your skin is balanced with the right amount of hydration.
- Sensitive - Your skin gets irritated, red and itchy with the application of cosmetics and creams.
- Combination - Skin that exhibits the characteristics of both dry and oily skin
Here are some skin care techniques you can opt for according to your skin type:
- Combination or oily - Invest in a cleanser that controls excess oil. Wash your face with an oil-free soap, do not scrub, rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry. You might want to wipe your face with astringent or a toner afterward.
- Dry - Use cleansers which are devoid of alcohol and fragrance because they can dry out your skin even more. Remember to exfoliate your skin once a week to eliminate dead cells and flakes.
- Sensitive - Use a very mild cleanser with calming ingredients like aloe vera, chamomile, green tea, and oats.
2. Moisturize - Applying a moisturizer is an important skin in your regime. Irrespective of your skin type, you need a moisturizer. It helps to lock in hydration and prevent dryness. If you have oily skin, apply lightweight oil free moisturizers.
3. Sunscreen - Use a daily sunscreen which has protection against UVA and UVB rays with an SPF of 30. It can protect you against skin cancer and premature wrinkles.
Apart from following a skincare routine, you also need to have a healthy diet, proper sleep and wear minimal makeup.
Related Tip: How are birthmarks usually treated??
I am 36 years old my hair is loosing I have treatment lots of medicine but not benefit what should I do any medicine can you suggest thanks.
Hair loss is not just an aesthetic issue, it also lowers self esteem and confidence level, affecting the overall morale and personality. Ayurveda considers hair loss to be a problem associated with excessive pita and a combination of yoga, meditation, massage oils, and hair products can help cure hair fall. In terms of yoga, there are specific asanas which increase blood flow to the scalp and thereby promote hair growth.
Hair loss also is believed to be an effect of stress and anxiety, so meditation to calm the mind and body plays a great role in controlling hair loss. Light oils like almond oil and castor oil, when warmed and massaged onto the scalp, induce hair growth and can help control hair fall. There are various products which are believed to have a dramatic effect on hair fall.
- Bhringaraj: Known as the king of herbs, its literal meaning is “king of hair". It reverses balding, prevents premature graying, and also promotes hair growth. It is available as oil and as powder, its leaves also can be used as a paste that is left in place for a couple of hours and then washed off. The bhringaraj powder can also be mixed with other products like amla and tulsi and coconut oil to give shine to the hair.
- Brahmi: This works by promoting growth of the follicles and nourishing the roots. It also reduces dandruff and removes dead skin from the scalp, thereby reducing itchiness. Mixed with curd and lukewarm water and applied on the hair regularly, it can turn the hair shiny and thick. It can also be mixed with ritha, alma, and tulsi for better results.
- Ritha: Soap nut powder has been used for centuries to promote hair growth. It has very mild soap and so can be used even daily. Soak it overnight and use the water to wash off hair. It contains saponin which adds to the hair strength and shine.
- Shikakai: Meaning “fruit for hair,” this has loads of antioxidants and vitamins which nourish the hair. It retains the natural oils in the scalp, and so adds to the shine and strength of the hair. The powder can be mixed with warm water or oil to form a paste that is applied on the hair and left in place for a couple of hours. It can also be added to tea and then used on the hair.
- Neem: Reduces itchiness, cools the scalp, improves blood circulation, and cures the scalp of itchiness, scaliness and dandruff. Water boiled with neem leaves and neem oil produce very good results.
The next time you are worried of hair fall, try these options and see the difference. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
As the number of candles on our birthday cakes increases, so do the number of wrinkles on our faces. As more and more wrinkles emerge on our faces, the number of bottles containing anti-ageing serums grows on our dressing tables too. But, do these serums work as promised? can you expect a serum to make you really look younger than you are?
- First, understand the difference between anti-ageing creams and serums!
The key to differentiating between anti-ageing creams and serums is looking at how they work. In essence, both offer the same benefits. An anti-ageing cream or serum treats acne, wrinkles, sunspots and other common signs of ageing. However, while creams hydrate and nourish the skin, serums work their way past the epidermis and thus penetrate deeper layers.
- Serums do moisturize the skin
Keeping the skin hydrated is the secret of good skin. To this effect, anti-ageing serums deliver as promised. By locking the moisture into your skin, they make your skin look healthy and supple and thus indirectly make the skin appear firmer and younger.
- Each serum affects different people in a different way
Skin care efficacy differs from person to person. While for some people exfoliating twice a week can make your skin brighter, others need a little more care. Don't look at the price to determine the effectiveness of the serum on your skin but take a look at the ingredients. If you're looking to reverse the damage of the past years on your skin, look for antioxidant-based serums.
- Anti-ageing serums can be used at any age but can also produce side effects
Some anti-ageing serums claim that women should start using them from when they turn 20, to maintain the glow of their skin. However, before you start using an anti-ageing serum, you must know what you're putting on your skin. Retinol that stimulates collagen production in the latter years can be not only ineffective but can also act an irritant for the skin. Overusing a serum can also make your skin dry.
- The same anti-ageing serum doesn't work for all ages
As mentioned above, anti-ageing serums can be used by women of all ages. Since each anti-ageing serum addresses a different symptom of ageing, the type of serum you should use depends on the symptom of ageing you want to address. Thus, while you might want to use an anti-ageing serum that prevents wrinkles right now, later on, you may want to use one that removes sunspots.
To sum it up, an anti-ageing serum can't make your skin actually younger, but the right anti-ageing serum can make it appear so. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.