Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shivayogi TcYour feedback matters!
Very well suggested
I am 19 years old female. Now a days my skin is getting more darker. So I want you to prescribe me fairness cream. Which I can apply daily. So please prescribe me.
I am suffering from hair fall disease and I tried many shampoos but they don't work what should I do?
I am 26, my problem is hair falling, please let me know what are the ways of reduce it without any medicine.
Baldness and continue hair fall, dandruff in my scalp (I never apply oil but continue moisture in my scalp)
I AM GETTING SMALL WHITE PATCHES ON MY SKIN (ON HAND). RECENTLY I GOT BLACK PATCHES ON MY FACE. CAN YOU PLEASE ADVISE ME THE REASON AND MEDICATION FOR THIS?
Sir/Ma'am My hair has been falling since last year. I'm going to turn 18 years soon. I'm very much worried about my hair as I had good hair before. Will those lost hair grow back? Now I shaved my head off. Also I had a little dandruff on my head. Hope it's gone. Will my hair fall again after growth? Please answer me.
I'm having dry and patchy skin on my genital area and my face and neck. The dried skin is normally very itchy on the genital area and there's a few small wounds on my genital area, I don't know whether it's caused by scratch it frequently. And just veggie a few minutes I found a pimple in my right hand and it is painful. I'd like to know whether all of these are connected. And while I checked online, some of the symptoms of skin cancer match what I just told. Please help me out.
I want to have straight hairs, right now I am having curly one, is there any permanent solution in medical science because I have tried rebinding treatment but they are for a limited period of time. What if I go under hair transplant surgery? Can help me getting straight hairs?
Hair fall has a direct impact on the way you feel about yourself, your self esteem and confidence. It is also true that it is a very common problem and can be controlled and stopped completely through proper treatment. Ayurvedic treatment for hair fall has long term effects and it brings out the best results since the issues get rectified from the inside, preventing them from coming back.
Ayurveda and Hair Loss
According to Ayurveda, hair fall is associated with body type that varies from person to person and also the stability of mind-body structure. Hair is considered a byproduct of bone formation, as stated by Ayurveda. The tissues which are responsible for the development of bones are also responsible for hair growth. Diet, yoga, meditation and medicated herbal oil massage are the Ayurvedic treatments generally recommended for hair loss.
Here are some ways through which Ayurveda addresses the problem of hair fall:
1. Dietary modifications
It is important to identify the lifestyle habits that cause hair fall problems. Consumption of alcohol, meat, coffee, tea and smoking are some of these habits. Hair fall can also be aggravated due to intake of too much greasy, spicy, oily, sour, fried and acidic foods.
Here are some ways suggested by Ayurveda to beat hair fall:
- Hair growth can be stimulated by drinking fresh juices of Pomegranate, carrot, spinach and Kokam.
- Sesame seeds promote hair growth as they are rich in magnesium and calcium.
- Cow's Ghee is a trusted remedy to resolve all scalp-related problems.
- Green vegetables and fruits are rich in fiber and hence help in preventing hair fall.
- To make the roots of hair strong, foods rich in vitamin C, vitamin B-complex, sulphur and zinc must be consumed, which are found in whole grains, soybeans, buttermilk, nuts and milk.
- Yoga and meditation: Inverted asanas help in stimulating the blood flow to the head. Additionally, practicing deep breathing exercises to control anxiety, stress and keep the mind balanced is also advisable.
- Ayurvedic herbs and medicated oil: Bhringaraaja, Brahmi, Amla, Neem, Ritha and Ashwagandha are some ayurvedic herbs rich in essential nutrients that help in reducing stress and promoting hair growth. Different types of oils including coconut oil, brahmi oil, amla oil or mustard oil are useful to control hair fall.
How to prevent Pregnancy Stretch Marks?
There are ways in which you can improve your appearance and get rid of the stretch marks after pregnancy. However, care should be taken to prevent the formation of stretch marks during pregnancy. Preventive measures may include:
1. Using Topical preparations: Ointments and crèmes are one of the best ways to prevent formation of stretch marks, as they increase the elasticity of skin. Verum, olive oil, cocoa butter, shea butter, and vitamin E are the commonly used topical agents. Your provider may prescribe you retinoid crème to get rid of striae.
2. Staying hydrated: During pregnancy your body demands an increased supply of water. Drinking around 8 to 12 glasses of water not only prevents dehydration but also inhibits formation of stretch marks.
3. Using Oil: Similar to topical crèmes, oils can also be used to prevent stretch marks. Olive oil, almond oil, vitamin E, castor and other essential oils have anti-oxidant effects. This prevents formation of stretch marks.
4. Using Zinc: Zinc also has anti-oxidant effects. It also promotes formation of new collagen. This collagen formation promotes reduction of stretch marks.
5. Eating a Healthy diet: Diet is the most important factor, not only to prevent stretch marks but also for a stress free healthy pregnancy. Foods rich in vitamin A, C and E promote collagen formation, thereby preventing stretch marks formation.
6. Getting Massage: Massaging the skin everyday with bitter almond oil increases the blood flow, thereby promoting the formation of new collagen.
When to contact your health care provider:
As time progresses, the stretch marks start fading without any treatment. Contact your provider if you:
• Have developed stretch marks for the first time.
• Have stretch marks due to side effects of certain medicine.
• Have other symptoms along with stretch marks, such as rashes.
There are number of moles in my face and how to prevent from the moles in my face. Can you suggest what should be done?
DID YOU KNOW…common infections like Flu, skin & eye infections are more prevalent during monsoons!
In Rainy Season, there is much more moisture in the air which allows germs to multiply. So, Handwashing and bathing with soap and clean water is the best recommendation to protect you from cough , cold, Flu, eye, stomach and skin infections.
With it, You have to be hydrated regardless of the temperature! Load up on water (8 glasses a day) and keep your skin well hydrated and glistening even if it’s raining.
Eating lots of green and leafy vegetables is a must. Fruits like watermelon, pomegranate, apple, grapes are excellent choices for good skin.
In this season, Strictly avoid junk food, and, instead, eat meals rich in good fats as they help in retaining moisture.
Say No to Heavy make-up - strict no-no
Use a cleanser that is mild but strong enough to remove excess oil and Grimes off of your skin.
The humidity that the rain brings can cause your skin to completely dry out. So don’t skip the moisturizer.
Many people complain of oily skin due to the rise in humidity after a heavy downpour. Use a good facial scrub and exfoliate every alternate day.