Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Shivayogi A VYour feedback matters!
I am 23 year old male, experiencing severe headache for past 3 days. I am unable to look at bright light in the morning and get a pain in my temples. Have tried taking some drugs for headache but not effective. Pls help.
I want information about the viagra tablet. Which viagra is good for me because I had super sonic viagra tablet the I got very bad headache. Pls suggest me good tablet which improve sex power or do not get headache. Thanks.
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
I Have Got My Nexplanon removed a week and 5 days ago, I was told its easy to get pregnant again after it was removed, a couple days ago my nipples were feeling sensitive and now stopped now I feel like there a really bad pain feeling in my lower abdomen, and now I have this discharge its really goes sometimes clear or whitish but no odor could I be pregnant again? I have a picture right now its not alot of discharge but its usually alot and gooey.
I masturbate most of the time. And this has led my penis to grow bigger. I can't wear my pants freely because my penis shape is clearly visible from outside. I feel shy. So how can I make my penis smaller?
I am suffering from piles. What is piles? how it occurs and what is the solutions for that? I am facing lot of trouble from that? what are the medicine for that.
Hi. I am 24 year female. I am having pcod problem from last 7 years. I got married 6 months ago. My last period was on 6th april. My pregnancy test kit has shown positive result on 24th may and my gynaecologist has done transvaginal scan on 24th may but it didn't show any sac or anything. I am really worried about my pregnancy. When does the sac or embryo can be visible in ultrasound? When should I go for ultrasound again? Please help me.
Are you suffering from diabetes? If yes, then it’s time for you to be extra careful about your health. Diabetes may cause several other diseases as well. You must check your lifestyle and take efforts to get rid of diabetes as soon as possible. If you have diabetes, then youu are at risk of developing nerve damages (neuropathy), vascular injuries and other heart diseases, regardless of your age, sex or other external or internal factors. Diabetes patients must strive to maintain fasting blood glucose levels less than 110 mg/dL and hemoglobin HbA1C level less than 7%. Also, diabetes patients should keep a check on blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
Here’s how diabetes can affect your overall health:
There is a correlation between blood pressure, cholesterol levels and diabetes. Researchers have found that high bad cholesterol levels act as hindrance to insulin regulation. People with diabetes are more likely to develop heart-related diseases. About 60% diabetes patients die due to heart attacks. Diabetes is responsible for hardening of arteries or atherosclerosis. This situation is dangerous and can cause heart attacks, strokes or other chronic diseases.
Diabetes leads to impaired nerve function. This is called neuropathy. This condition is of two types: Peripheral (affects toes, feet, legs, hand, and arms) and Autonomic (affects digestion, bowel, bladder, heart and sexual activity). Symptoms of neuropathy include tingling, weakness, burning sensation, numbness in the limbs, digestive disorders, infection of the bladder and erectile dysfunction.
Diabetes is responsible for causing damage to the kidneys as well. This is called nephropathy. In this condition, the filters in the kidney or glomeruli get damaged. As a result, there is a leakage of protein in the urine. Consequently, kidneys get damaged. Urine showing small amounts of protein is an indication of kidney damage. About 20-40% patients suffering from diabetes die due to renal failure. The symptoms of renal disorder due to diabetes include itching, fatigue, urine with protein, swelling of feet and ankles and pale skin colour.
Diabetes causes non-injury amputations as it affects the nerve in the limbs, especially foot. Usually, minor infections in the foot may lead to ulcers and later require amputation. In rare cases, charcot joint or charcot foot may also occur. This is called neuropathic arthropathy. The symptoms include swelling and reddening of the foot. The bones of the affected foot have a tendency to develop cracks, deforming the entire region. Diabetes leads to blindness in adults. The eye disorder caused due to diabetes is called retinopathy. Patients with diabetes develop cataract easily. The capillaries and blood vessels in the retina get damaged or obstructed, resulting in damage to the entire retina.
Ayurveda is a system of medicine that takes a holistic approach to treat various diseases. It is believed in Ayurveda that when a disease occurs in your body then it means that the mind, body and soul is unbalanced.
It is believed that everyone is made up of five elements that is earth, air, water, ether and fire. If all of these elements in the body are well balanced, then the body tends to function in a healthy manner. An illness is a sign that one or multiple elements in the body are not balanced. A practitioner carries out a diagnosis of your diet, lifestyle, seeks to find out the cause of the imbalance and provides treatment accordingly.
Ayurvedic remedies for diabetes:
- Plan your diet as it is one of the most important thing in order to manage your diabetes. One must take balanced diet. But avoid foods increasing the Kapha Dosha. These include sugar, fats, potatoes, rice. You must avoid alcohol
- Take the help of physical exercises or yoga to stay fit.
- Check your weight.
- Don’t sleep during daytime.
Here is a list of useful herbs for diabetes management–
- Jambhul (Eugenia jambolana) powder from jamun core.
- Gurmar(gymnema sylvestre)
- Bitter Gourd/bitter melon (Momordica charantia)
- Bel (Aegle marmelos).
- Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum)
Apart from these basic natural foods, you must contact an Ayuvedic practitioner, who will help you not just in planning your diet, but will suggest certain specific Ayurvedic medicines which will boost you efforts to get rid of diabetes.
I am 27 years old male nowadays I feel tired, weak, nervous and frequent heartbeat sometimes. After I had lunch I feel like I didnt eat anything at all. Please help on this behaviour and let me know if I have to take any test ?
I am 59 years old male suffering from diabetes for last 20 years. Now my blood sugar level is 140-175. I am taking medicine 80 mg glizid two tablets in morning and 30 mg pioz in evening after dinner with multivitamin tablet. Some time sugar increased and decreased and taking time to stabilize it. My eye sight is going to be weak regularly. Please advice me what I can do for better control and stabilization of sugar level. Please also let me know the diet to be taken by sugar patient. I shall be very grateful for prompt advice.
Hi I am Chaitali. I am suffering from headache from last two months. And got very tired for the Same. I have changed almost 3-4 doctors but nothing well. Can you please advise me.
Would somebody like to marry a rape victim or not? If yes say your justified answer? Whether always needed a virgin girl for marriage or not?
Therefore, the remedial measures for blocked nose vary, depending on the cause that led to it. Some of the ways by which you can redress this problem are:
- Use a humidifier: Sinusitis is often held responsible for a clogged nose, a condition that is almost always accompanied by severe pain. In such a situation, placing a humidifier in a room proves to be extremely beneficial. This machine treats blocked nose by converting the water to moisture. This fills up the room and significantly increases the humidity of the room. Therefore when you breathe, the humid air soothes the inflamed blood vessels in the nose and helps you to breathe properly.
- Take a hot shower: When you find it difficult to breathe, a quick hot shower can go a long way in curing the discomfort. The logic that operates is the steam generated from the hot shower thins the mucus and also considerably reduces the inflammation in the nose, allowing you to breathe normally.
- Drink lots of water: Though the suggestion may seem incredible, drinking water actually helps in un-blocking that blocked nose. When you drink a lot of water, the mucus in the nostrils is thinned, at the same time it pushes back the accumulated fluids, thereby curbing the condition of blocked nose.
- Using a saline spray: This is one of the most ancient and trusted ways of treating blocked nose. By administering a saline or a nasal spray, the moisture in your nostrils increases and radically diminishes the inflammation.
- Use warm compresses: Using a warm compress has been the most reliable form of medication in times of high temperature and also at times of blocked nose. The compress that was dipped in hot water, when placed on the nose and forehead helps to unblock the nasal passages. The soothing effect of the warm compresses reduces the inflammation and facilitates the process of breathing.