Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Shivaswamy L SYour feedback matters!
Hello, I am 24 years old. I have been experiencing vertigo problems for a considerable amount of time as of now. It first started around 1 year ago, it mostly happens when I try to sleep or rather when put my head on my pillow, the spinning of head is normally accompanied by vomiting. There can be various reasons but is it happening because of masturbation? Because that leaves me very tired and also makes me feel dizzy, but I must say I am very strict about this and I only do it once a week, isn't that normal? Or should I restrict more?
The nasal septum divides the nose into two nostrils or airways. When this septum is defective in structure or position, it can cause several physical difficulties like breathing problems, sleep apnea, bleeding, sinusitis, etc. The surgery to correct the nasal septum is known as septoplasty. The surgery is very common and has a high rate of success.
Reason: When the bone and cartilage separating the two chambers is crooked and deformed, it prevents the air from flowing properly through either one of the nostrils. People suffering from this condition often breathe through their mouth and this leads to respiratory tract infections. So, the septum is fixed with the help of septoplasty.
- First, your medical history is taken. A thorough physical examination is conducted and the nose is photographed from the inside and the outside. You may also be asked to avoid medication like ibuprofen, naproxen and aspirin for a few days since these can increase the bleeding after surgery.
- Septoplasty is performed under general or localized anesthesia and takes about 90 minutes. Incisions are made on the inside of the nose and the mucus membrane is lifted.
- Then, the pieces of cartilage that are affecting normal functioning are repositioned or removed.
- If the nasal bone is causing the septum to be wrongly aligned, then cuts are made on the bone and it is positioned correctly.
- Sometimes, cartilage grafts (called spreader grafts) are put in between the upper nose cartilage and the septum to widen the narrow nostril.
- After this, the mucus membrane is put back in place and stitched.
Post- surgical care: A nasal support is put inside the nose to help it heal and keep it straight. The support is removed after two days but there may be swelling and occasional nasal discharge for a few days. The tissues and cartilage become stable within 4 to 6 months. You are asked not to blow your nose or cough and sneeze too much as these might displace the nasal support. The head is to be kept at a higher level than the rest of the body while sleeping and physically demanding exercises are to be avoided in order to prevent nosebleeds.
Risks: Septoplasty is not performed if the patient had high level of blood sugar or high blood pressure. It is also delayed in case of any kind of infection in the nose, mouth or in the respiratory tract. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ENT specialist.
I am a 35 years old male and I am suffering from bad cough in upper nose part above nostril and mouth, my throat always remains full of cough and get filled immediately once I clear it. It also cause a swear pressure in my eyes and head, due to which my mind become tired and also have a lot of fatigue and tiredness in my body. I was also operated for sinus in 2013. Please advise how to get well.
It has been few weeks my wife is sneezing a lot without any cold or flu and couple of days back she had a nose bleeding also and also she had an itching in her nose. Kindly help us out to know the exact problem and cure if possible. Regards.
I have hearing problem in my right ear. I listen little sound of whistle at the time of sleeping like a bee sound. Please tell me what I do. Thanking You.
I have feeling that something is stuck in my throat, but while eating or I don't have any problems nor I feel pain but it irritates me so much. I am feeling this from almost month. I take some medicines but I don't feel relax, now wht to do.
I am 24 years old female. My nose is most of the time blocked and I have to breathe through my mouth. Also I have dust allergy. What should I do?
I have swelling in my throat. sneezing and blocked nose. I often feel that I have fever. Specially at nights. I am allergic to dust.
My father is a diabetic patience with high bp. He also have some blockage in heart. Since last few months he is feeling dizziness and feel getting imbalance. We consulted a doctor and after undergoing some test the doctor have said that some minor blockage in the brain veins have been detected and referred some medicine. P.
My wife has 43 years old lady. She has filling dry throat in night since three months. Why? And What she should do?
Sir / Madam. My name is Arbaz. V. Khan. And I am 19 years. Sir / madam. Today m gone water park n enjoy wid friends. Bt. My both EARS. gone water inside. N. Try all the techniq to remove water from my ears. Bt. Water can not came outside. N. I. Used ear drops also. 3 types of ear drop. Sir / Madam. please give me solution. And I am not listening properly. E. G. IF I WANT WATCHING T AM NOT ABLE TO WATCH LOW VOLUME.
These self-help steps can help relieve sinusitis symptoms:
1. Get good rest. This will help your body fight infection and speed recovery.
2. Drink plenty of fluids: Like, water or juice. This will help dilute mucous secretions and promote drainage. Avoid beverages that contain caffeine or alcohol, as they can be dehydrating.
3. Sleep with your head elevated. This will help your sinuses drain, reducing congestion.
4. Moisten your sinus cavities: Drape a towel over your head as you breathe in the vapour from a bowl of hot water. Or take a hot shower. This will help ease pain and help mucus drain.
5. Apply warm compresses to your face. Place warm, damp towels around your nose, cheeks and eyes to ease facial pain.
Click on consult privately to ask me any questions regarding Sinus or other ENT-related issues.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.