Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShivaprasadYour feedback matters!
After eating medicines for almost one week my tongue is feeling like to eat spicy foods. If I taste pickle then tongue feeling spicy. How to get rid of this and bring tongue to normal. Kindly help?
Sir i suffering tooth ache.I have moxikind625,ampilox,metrogyl 400,imol plus for tooth ache from i consulted doctor.After eat medicine my pain reduce but stomach ache more timesss.Two days i have coming more stomach ache.I take gelusil tablet.But still having stomach ache.What i do?
I am having severe mouth ulcers around tongue and mouth. I am not able to eat anything. I'm using Zytee gel and VSL3 tablets. Still not recovered. please tell me what to do?
Sir I may feel tenderness or pain when eating or drinking something hot, cold or sweet Grey, brown or black spots appearing on my teeth. Bad breath. Also An unpleasant taste in mouth. Sir what is the solution?
I meena Prajapati, 22 year old. I am ailing within my teeth problem. I am using Colgate pain out for relief and also taking some pain killer but don't feel proper relief. What should I do please suggest?
When I eat anything excluding sweet the test of the food I am eating as if like I am eating red chili powder. Why so?
I'm feeling depressed from past 1month due to my classmates. They are jealous of me due to my good work in academics of dental science (BDS). They r just distracting me and not talking to me politely. Sir give me some best ideas to get rid of these things.
I feel pain while expanding my mouth upward. This is not a pain in teeth. The pain is in the joint of the left side. What should I do?
My teeth's always get decayed and cavity occurs. Tell me how to protect teeth on daily basis as my teeth's are very weak.
The issue is not yet resolved. I was not actually treating the gingivitis well in the beginning itself. Now it got swelling very much. Also was brushing as normal. Which caused bruising everyday almost it also elevated the issue. Now for first time started with proper having antibiotics. Let me check any thing will get subsidies. Gingivitis without pain.
Can mouthwash be replaced with smearing toothpaste over our teeth and then rinsing? since our teeth just needs fluoride and mouthwash is most probably a product created by marketing.
Teeth are one of the most precious parts of the human body. By playing a significant functional and structural role in aesthetics, facial appearance, and food habits, digestion and chewing, all efforts at maintaining them should be undertaken. As we all know, we have two sets of teeth, primary or deciduous and the permanent set. Let us discuss tooth removal in these two sets separately.
In the primary teeth, the main indication would be dental decay. If the tooth is severely damaged beyond repair with fillings, then removal could be an option, with two things considered. The primary successor will erupt within the next 6 months; if not, a space maintainer would be put in place.
Another reason would be if the tooth is beyond its lifecycle and is blocking the eruption of the successor, then it requires removal.
The permanent teeth, however, are a set that are meant to last for a lifetime and removal should be considered only as a last resort. With advances in dental treatment methods, gone are the days when removal would be an option for severe decay.
Some of the absolute indications for removal would be:
- Wisdom teeth: if it is erupting in abnormal position (flattened or crooked), then removing them to avoid infection and impingement on other teeth needs to be considered. Wisdom teeth infection is one of the most common causes requiring tooth removal.
- Recurrent infections: If a tooth has been root canal treated, but continues to have ongoing chronic infection, it could be a case for removal.
- Malformed or supernumerary teeth: These may also block eruption of other teeth into the mouth.
- Orthodontic treatment: In cases where the jaw size is really not sufficient to realign the mal-positioned or crooked teeth, the first premolar is often sacrificed, and this space is used to align the other teeth.
- Injuries: In case of accidents or injuries with jaw fractures, teeth in the line of fracture may need to be removed.
- Preparation for dentures: In cases of severe periodontal disease, where the mobility of the teeth is high and complete dentures are being considered as an option, teeth removal may be planned. Also, if there are teeth which are in the line of fixed partial dentures, again removal might be planned
- Radiation therapy: For head and neck cancer patients, if there are teeth in the line of radiation, then removal might be planned.
Unlike in the earlier years, the absolute indications for removing tooth have changed. A thorough examination, both oral and radiological, should be done before zeroing on extraction.
If tissues are preserved the tooth can be replaced in the socket.