Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shivaprasad CYour feedback matters!
My blood sugar level is fasting 100 and after food taken is 248 first time self tested ,what can I do.
My mother have high sugar level since many years. Recently she was hospitalized and put under insulin for brief period. Though sugar is in control but medicines are on. I want to ask whether D- protein powder would be suitable to take in her case. As she still do not have food properly.
I am a 24 yr old woman and I have hypothyroidism from 5th class and it is hereditary, my grandfather my dad and dad's brother have it. My grandfather also has vitiligo but not very prominent and my dad has it all over his body. Are there any chances that I can get it?
Is the person suffering from Hypothyroid or Hyperthyroidism at high risk of developing diabetes please clarify?
I am diabetic. My random blood sugar level is 280 within half n hour of having breakfast. Can it be lower within 2 hours or it can be higher than that?
I have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism and been taking Euthyroxine since 2.8 years now .Dose started from 25 mcg and with TSH levels almost same , it's progressively increased to 150 mcg. Lately doctor did thyroid scan to detect that I have HAshimoto diseases. .however , I have always observed signs like swollen hands , tiredness feeling throughout and still exists. Also , my weight has increased from 85 to 104 kg, all though I take only home food , no junk fries ,cola ,burgers etc .also , I observed that my muscle has reduced and have become skinny all though my tummy and weight is increasing .I am thinking to consult endocrinologist again but any natural remedies to boost immunity and reduce or cure this .
Endocrinology deals with hormones, hormone systems and hormonal disorders. The organs that come under endocrinology are pituitary gland, adrenal glands, ovaries or testicles, thyroid gland and pancreas. These organs maintain the chemical balance of the body by secreting hormones which regulate all the body systems.
Diabetes is the name for a group of diseases which are characterized by abnormalities in the absorption of glucose and blood sugar levels.
Relation between the endocrine system and diabetes:
The hormone insulin is secreted by the pancreatic beta cells called the islets of Langerhans. It is a peptide hormone that metabolizes carbohydrates, proteins and fats, stimulates the conversion of glycogen or stored protein to usable glucose and also helps the body cells to absorb the glucose. The movement of ionized or free calcium (Ca2+) is also somewhat dependent on insulin.
Insulin is secreted from the pancreas in two phases - the first phase occurs when blood sugar level is high and need to be absorbed into the cells while the second phase is associated with a slower production not influenced by blood sugar.
Types of diabetes and how they are affected by the endocrine system
- Type 1 diabetes mellitus: This condition is caused by underproduction of insulin by the pancreatic beta cells. It is called 'insulin dependent diabetes mellitus' (IDDM), since it is directly influenced by the hormone.
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus: This type of the disorder is not directly dependent on insulin. It is usually caused by obesity and lack of physical exercise. The cells develop resistance to insulin and because of that blood sugar is not absorbed properly. This eventually leads to under-secretion of insulin.
- Gestational diabetes mellitus: Pregnant women might develop high levels of blood sugar even if they did not have diabetes in the past. This occurs due the changes in the regular hormonal cycles and secretion of pregnancy hormones and can result is complications and miscarriage.
Sub-specialties of diabetic endocrinology
- Diabetic renal disease: The kidneys filter the blood. If there are chronically high levels of sugar in blood, hormones like erythropoietin (regulates production of red blood cells) and renin (regulates blood plasma and fluid content) are not produced. As a result, the kidneys' capacity is reduced and waste materials build up in blood.
- Diabetic vision problems: Insulin problems may cause the blood vessels supplying the retina (light sensitive eye tissue) to expand or contract. This causes blurry and distorted vision and pain in the eyes.
Hello doctor im 8 months pregnant. I have genital diabetic. Suggest some diet plan for diabetes. Can I eat sabudana khichadi at breakfast? Which fruit and vegetables good for diabetes?
Aged 64, having sugar and diabetes. Please recommend any health drinks or anything for proper nutritions and vitamin.
Suffering from Premature ejaculation and low libido. Non smoker occasional drinker. No other medication and non diabetic. Please prescribe ayurvedic medication and cure.
My son has thyroid problem, he is 16 years old, taking thyroxine tab for 2 years. Is there any side effects? tsh is now 5.5 what is the expert opinion?
1. If some one is suffering from hyperthyroidism so in that case which fruit's would be beneficial to us what are the vegetables. 2. Is there's any exercise for thyroid in order to keep ourselves fit and maintaining metabolism rate in our body. 3. How to plan the diet and what to eat n what to avoid Your valuable suggestions will help us in maintaining the same.
Diabetes is probably one of the worst enemies of human health. Why? That is because unlike many other diseases which make you aware of their presence in your body instantly, diabetes is a silent attacker. So, you may continue to be unaware of the disease for a very long time, before you suddenly realize that something is wrong with your body one day. And then tests reveal that you are afflicted with diabetes.
In order to make sure that this doesn't happen to you, you have to keep an eye on the symptoms of diabetes because prevention, no matter how tedious it is, is always better than the cure. Here is a look at the usual but often ignored signs which indicate that you might be suffering from diabetes.
- If you are taking more bathroom breaks than usual, and if the rate of going to the loo is increasing gradually with time, it can well be a sign of diabetes. When you are suffering from diabetes, your body becomes less efficient in breaking down the consumed food into sugars and utilising it. Therefore, a lot of sugar gets saturated in your bloodstream and your body gets rid of it by flushing it out through urination.
- If you urinate a lot, it is self-evident that you would also feel very thirsty all the time. In some cases, the patients don't realize their problem and drink chocolate milk or aerated drinks which have sweet flavours. This leads to excess sugar in your body again, and the problem continues. So all in all, if you feel very thirsty all the time, get yourself checked.
- You might lose weight, and it may really seem like a great thing in the beginning but it is not. When a person has diabetes, he is likely to lose his weight because of the decreasing water level in his body as well as the inability of the body to break down food into more suitable forms.
- If you are tired all the time, and by all the time we mean even after getting up from a long and good night's sleep, you may have diabetes. The reason for this is that fatigue comes to you when your body cannot produce enough energy from the food you consume, and this happens only when you have diabetes.
- If your cuts and bruises heal slower than ever, you definitely are a victim of diabetes. This is because the immunity and clotting system of your body don't work well when there is a saturation of sugars in your body.
Related Tip: 13 Wonder Foods to Fight Diabetes?
Male fertility surgery
Male microsurgery also involves specialised operative techniques for the repair of very small structures, such as the tubes that carry sperm (the vas deferens). It is commonly used where there is a low sperm count, or no sperm at all.
Microsurgery can be used to:
- reverse a Vasectomy
- bypass a blockage in the epididymis,
- cure a Varicocele (swelling of the veins about the testis), which allows the testis to produce better sperm,
- In the case of azoospermia (absence of sperm in the testes), microsurgery is also used to perform surgical sperm retrieval so it can be used for Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI). The genetic make up of the sperm is tested first, before fertility treatment.
Most microsurgery is done as a day surgery procedure, and you will need up to a week to recover after the procedure. Occasionally we can cure obstruction to sperm passage in the urinary tract.