Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Shivananda SwamyYour feedback matters!
Neck cancer refers to the formation of cancer cells in the throat or neck region of your body. Neck cancer is commonly seen in people above sixty years of age .But people above forty can also have the chances of getting neck cancer. Though the symptoms of neck cancer can vary from one person to the other,
Some of the common symptoms are stated as follows:
- Neck cancer affects the voice box, so a change in your voice can be noticed.
- Weight loss is also a symptom for neck cancer.
- A person suffering from neck cancer can also suffer from dysphagia or difficulty in swallowing.
- Sore throat in some cases can be considered as a symptom of neck cancer
- Bleeding from mouth or through your nose is also a common symptom for neck cancer.
- Ear pain in some cases is a symptom of neck cancer.
- Coughing persistently is also regarded as a symptom of neck cancer.
- Sometimes a lump in the neck is also noticed and it is usually painless.
- Some people also encounter breathing problem.
- In some cases a swelling of the neck, jaw or eyes can also be noticed.
Neck cancer involves certain risk factors too. Neck cancer can be treated in many ways. The following are few treatments available for neck cancer:
- Surgery: Your doctor can conduct a surgery for removing the tumors from your neck region. The doctor may decide to do either a microsurgery or laser treatment or endoscopy.
- Chemotherapy: If the tumor spreads to other regions or is large in size, then your doctor may recommend chemotherapy.
- Radiation: It is used to destroy the malignant cells. It is usually conducted after removing the tumor.
These three are the common treatments followed by doctors. Your doctor may also take help of other treatments like administering drugs to control the growth of cancer cells. But, sometimes treatments fail to work if the process of metastasis starts. So you should not ignore it, as soon as you encounter any of the symptoms stated above, visiting an oncologist is highly recommended.
Hi, in my breast I have small gland fro past since 7years that becomes sometimes pain. 2years before I got married and I have one baby is any problem about that it vl causes cancer. I already consult a doctor before marriage she prefer mammography ultrasound scan but she did not give any clarity about that. Am very scaring about that.
Mai 27 years, ki hu meri left breast me pain hota, h aur bhot sagging v h kya, ye cancer k symptom h kya kru. please tell me.
Will vitamin D save my life? Should I really be taking four times the recommended daily dose? How long am I contagious when I have the flu or a cold? Is my microwave giving me cancer?
Am breastfeeding my 2 month old baby. I have hypoechoic lesion in my right breast of 1.1*0.8 cm well defined hypoechoic lesion is seen on uoq of breast. Minimal vascularity in ultrasound breast. .skin. Subcutaneous and retroparenchymal spaces normal. Do I need to take mammogram. When can I take. Does the radiation affects baby. Bilateral axillary show multiple lymph nodes of 1.0 to 1.5 cm each. Does it cause future cancer. Please help me. Am very much worried..
I am an 60 years aged male, facing from prostate gland enlargement problem, since 2 years. What are the future developments in this regard and what is the solution?
I am 62 years old. I've prostrate problem. Earlier I was advised by a local Doctor to take Afdura tablets for Six months. I took it for one year. The present PSA test value is 1.44. Which is normal. But My libido level was almost nil during last one year. So, on another Dr. advised I stopped taking medicine. And as a result I could begin my sexual life. My question is whether to restart the medicine? Presently l feel weak flow of urine otherwise there is no problem. Please advise.
If someone has cancer in any of the part let it be adrenal cancer. And it is of first stage. Would it have affect on blood report of patient. Does it lower haemoglobin content. And what effect it would have on TLC?
What are the symptoms of colorectum / anal cancer? What are the possibilities of a healthy 23 year old who does not smoke drink vegetarian and no family history of cancer of any kind having colon rectum n anal cancer? I have the following problem since yesterday. I traveled to a place which was super hot and I dint keep myself hydrated at all bcuz of this when I went to pass motion I had to strain myself a lot. Then the 2 other times that I used the toilet, there was no pain the stool was ok with no blood but had little mucus. But after I cleaned the anal area with water I saw a little bloody mucus coming out and when I put water I get a pricking sensation. I had Anal fissure a month back which was cured with medicines. I read about colon rectum n anal cancer on Google. And now m very scared bcuz the symptom they mentioned are same as mine. Can I get a clear guidance from a doctor on this? I know this problem is something that should be examined. And I will go to a doctor in person. But as off now only this one question is bothering me whether the symptoms I mentioned suggest cancer?
I've had a small fatty lump under my skin on the top of my head for several years (around 10 years). It getting gotten bigger, many say its a harmless. But Should I worry as it is getting bigger?
Cancer in the female reproductive organs has been on the rise in the past few years and is a major health concern. While conventional medicine has been able to improve certain aspects of the lives of patients afflicted by this, Ayurveda also has some great remedies for cervical cancer. Let's have a look at some of the remedies in Ayurveda.
- Ashwagandha or Withania Somnifera: Ashwagandha is an all rounder herb, which has long been a favorite of Ayurvedic practitioners. It is a great antioxidant as it has very strong anti-inflammatory properties which help fight the growth of cancer cells and thus can be very helpful in arresting or preventing cervical cancer.
- Lodhra or Symplocus Racemosa: This is a herb, which is used as an extract in powders or even found in the form of capsules. It is commonly used to treat vaginal discharges and menstrual problems and has been known to be very effective. It is also very useful for all cancers of the female reproductive organs including the cervix.
- Shatavari or Asparagus Racemosus: As a herb, Shatavari is very good in increasing libido in women and also increasing energy for daily activities. Ayurvedic practitioners have used this herb to treat many female sexual disorders since ages. It is also very effective in preventing cervical cancer and limiting the growth of cancer cells within the female reproductive organs.
- Ashoka bark of Saraka Indica: This is another ingredient, which is used frequently in the female health products. Ashoka bark is of special interest in case of female reproductive health as it has been known to reduce pain and symptoms caused by tumors in various organs. This natural remedy is also very effective in lessening painful PMS symptoms and correct menstrual problems. Thus, it can also reduce the chances of cervical cancer and also keep it under check.
- Guggul or Commiphora Mukul: Used in many health tonics because of its rejuvenating properties, this herb can be very helpful in the treatment of cervical cancer as it provides the body with many essential minerals which cannot be administered by other medications or food.