Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Sir, I am 56 years old. 5 years ago prostate inl argement problem diagnosis. My psa was 5. 9. So rml: s sr. Doctore recomoned for biopssy. In biopssy report was negative. From2011 am taking afdoora and two other medicines. The main problem is this that I can not control the pressure of urin. I feels the urine will discharge in clothes. Two months ago I feel that my sexual power decreases. I asked the doctor they changed the afdoora tablets. Please advise the correct treatment in homeopathy for this problem ?
I am 29 years old male, and having prostate problem, can you please tell me the reason of this disease and what I should avoid in future. Please advise medicine and food supplements.
I am a 21 year old man. Some times in a gap of nearly 2-3 months blood comes out with my potty, is it a sign of cancer?
I was a Prostate Cancer Patient stage 4, metastatized to Lymph Nodes and PSA 560. I underwent Orchidectomy Surgery and PSA steadily came down to 8 in 3 Months, 3 in 6 months, 2. in 9 months and 1.2 in ONE YEAR. Am I Cancer FREE or Cancer Cured or Cancer Controlled? What Further should I do to Prevent it from Recurrence?
Bladder cancer is the result of the growth of cancerous cells inside the bladder. Bladder cancer is mainly of four types:
- Urothelial carcinoma: In this type of bladder cancer, the tumours may be limited to the bladder or spread from the urothelial to the deeper layers in the bladder. The urothelial is the epithelium lining in the renal pelvis, ureters, urethra and bladder.
- Squamous cell carcinoma: Squamous cells are flat, thin cells that form after a prolonged infection in the bladder. The cancer starts from these cells.
- Adenocarcinoma: Glandular cells in the bladder produce and discharge mucus. This type of cancer begins from the glandular cells.
- Superficial bladder cancer: If the cancer is limited to the bladder lining, then it is known as superficial bladder cancer. The cancer might spread to the bladder muscle wall, or spread to the lymph nodes and organs close to it.
It is important note that, if bladder cancer is detected early, then it can be cured most of the times.
Who is at a risk of acquiring bladder cancer?
Those who smoke or have a history of bladder cancer in the family or are exposed for to industrial chemicals for long durations are at an increased risk of bladder cancer.
The symptoms of bladder cancer include:
- Blood in urine
- More frequent passing of urine
- There is a sensation of pain or burning when urinating
- Bladder is not emptied completely
- Pain in the lower back
Bladder cancer treatment by conventional medication can be complemented by Ayurveda; especially, with the Panchakarma therapy, which detoxifies the body. Detoxification can be done by:
- Snehana therapy that is oil massage
- Swedana that is steaming therapy
- Vamana that is by urging vomiting
- Virechana that is by purging
- Basti is the enema medication
- Nasya or through nasal medication
- Raktamokshana Therapy
Along with the above mentioned therapies, consuming medicated juices, which contain fruits and vegetables is good for the body. Antioxidant Ayurvedic medicines are also highly beneficial. Practicing yoga, sound therapy, pranayama, acupressure and acupuncture can help in the long run.
Sometimes, traditional cancer medication can rob the body of its strength once the symptoms are cured. Rasayan Chikitsa can help the body regain its strength. Rasayan Chikitsa improves the metabolism, memory, longevity, hair and complexion. It brings back the vigour that was lost. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized ayurveda and ask a free question.
I am 62 years old. I have been applying hair dye for long time. Is it harmful? People say it leads to cancer! Pl help.
I am 53 years old operated for breast cancer on april 14th 2015 my eris negative mypr is negative my her is negative my score is 0 ans it is t2n0m0 mt tumor is 3.2*3.2*2.5cm and n-0/14 gradeiii (3+3+3=9) base not involved skin nipple arrola free from tumour. My hphigh grade partly necotric infiltrating duct carci right breast fully removed please suggest me next procedure I went for chemo they said no need for chemo and radiation please reply for the same why radiation and chemo not required.
Hello My gynaecologist gave me perineum tablets for increase breast milk but I became unconscious for whole days after taken the tablets last three days ago, so I discontinued. But I am still feeling so restless some time even I am unable to feed my baby n sleeps whole day. please tell how many days will take to recover. please help me .
I went for abdominal pelvic trasonography and as per results my prostate is. Moderately enlarged in size. Also parenchymal calcification noted. It measures 4.9:x3. 8x4.0 CMS.(vol. _40 cc). Impression is moderate prostatomegally. Consulting Doctor advice surgery. I am 59 years old male and diabetic. Though I can't control urination no problem while passing urine. Please let me know if surgery is required and if it can be cured through medicine. Thanks.
Adopt a healthy lifestyle to reduce your risk of getting this disease:
1. Regular exercise - at least 30 mins of exercise 4 times a week
2. Avoid smoking
3. Avoid alcohol consumption
4. Over-weight and obese individuals have a higher incidence of breast cancer. Maintain your weight in the normal range (bmi - 18-25)
8. If there is a family history of breast cancer, do consult your oncologist to discuss your risk of breast cancer. Also discuss the need to getting genetic testing.
Breast cancer can also be detected early. Remember these three simple tips:
1. Be breast aware - do regular self examinations
2. Clinical breast examination by an experienced breast surgeon after the age of 35 years (annually)
3. Regular mammograms after 40 years of age
Eating Starchy and Sugary food that have a high glycemic index can increase the risk of lung cancer especially among nonsmokers
In a Study of 1905 participants with lung cancer and 2413 healthy controls, those with the highest consumption of high GI food had a 49 percent greater risk for lung cancer.Nonsmokers were more than twice as likely to develop lung cancer if they ate a high glycemic index diet