Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Shivananda SwamyYour feedback matters!
I am 20 years old I have problem with my nipples as they are projected out in dress. I do not prefer padded braziers as they are not health friendly. Request you to advise me on what measures other than that (padded one) to be taken to avoid it completely so that I am able to wear any type of dress.
Sir when should patient confirm that he was suffering from prostate enlargement please say me main symptoms.
Since some time I have been feeling a pain just below my left breast. It comes and it goes then I feel it again once in a time. I have gone to many doctors, they have checked my breast manually to find any lump, I have done ecg, ecography but they found nothing. I have done done blood tests where it shows that I'm suffering from osteoporosis. But still I feel the pain, so please advice me what next step should I take.
I am suffering from BP, SUGAR AND PROSTRATE PROBLEM ALONGWITH JOINT PROBLEMS IS THEREBINATION OF SIMPLE medicine SINCE IN allopathy I AM TAKING 10 TABLETS IN A DAY.
Hi Doctor husband has a 7mm reactive lymp node jugular region which pains often for more than a year. Please advice.
I won to know about cancer please know me all detail because of I can helt anybody and can helt of cancer presents.
I found to have a small ball -like structure in my breast. IS IT A SYMPTOMS OF BREAST CANCER? PLEASE ANSWER as soon as possible.
Is it normal for the breast tissue to move under finger? When touched do breast tissue move in lower inner quadrant? Age 19 yrs.
Sir, my question are related of Cancer. Which is the most reason of Cancer & it's is possible to vegetables?
I have suffering from the cancer of lungs and that's why iam feel week and I has no enough money for my treatment that's why any financial help is given by you are more usfull for me and my future life.
Before 9 month my father 1st time diagnosed with MULTIPLE MYELOMA at that time his blood plasma was 15%. 24 weeks treatment was given to him with BORTECAD 2mg (cadila pharma) Injection. Now doctor saying that its response is good and no more chemo therapy is required just to continue some other medicines. Now can he live a life as before or is there any other factors for which we need to be worried? Now his age is 61.
I had skin cancer (scc) grade I on my right leg and operated last february and skin graphting made. Now what precaution should be taken for future.
My mother 46 was diagnosed with small cell cervix 3B an year back, she went through combination of chemo and radiation. After the PET we came to know it worked wonders and the disease was no more. But not 2 months after the disease recurred. She has received her 2nd line (pacitaxel and irontecan) and 3rd line (vinorelbine and gemcitabine) which were ineffective. Now doctors say that there is nothing they can do about it. If you have found some results with any medicines or chemo or ayurveda please share your experience. She is loosing her health on daily basis as the disease is progressing. I also came to know in some rare case Avastin came to some results in small cell please share. Or even if you can tell about the supportive treatment which makes her a bit stronger Thank you.
Hello sir, I have noticed a lump on my right breast and it becomes painful during ovulation that is 13 to 14 days after my periods and 3 days back I noticed slight swelling under my arm. 1 year back I married and got miscarriage 3 months back. I noticed all these symptoms after miscarriage. Can you please suggest me what the issue was. Thanking you sir.
Bladder cancer can be caused by a variety of factors, which include genetic factors, inheritance, drugs, chemicals, environment related factors and smoking. In fact, smoking tobacco is one of the major causes of bladder cancer around the world. The chemicals present in tobacco can irritate the bladder lining which ultimately leads to bladder cancer. Besides smoking other important environmental factors might be chemotherapy, exposure to chemicals from newspaper, dye, leather, paints industries.
Symptoms of bladder cancer are as follows:
Most often it occurs in people more than 50 years of age. It can present in different ways, but common symptoms being :
- Painless hematuria - reddish or brownish colored urine with or without clots Increased frequency of urination Pain while passing urine .
- Difficulty in passing urine
The diagnosis requires a proper imaging workup including ultrasound, CT scan and urine examinations. Following the initial imaging, a biopsy is required to confirm the diagnosis and stage the disease. This is done by cystoscopy under anesthesia.
Treatments for bladder cancer.depend on the stage of cancer. Broadly bladder cancers can be categorised into Non-invasive and Invasive cancers.
- For non-invasive cancers: It requires recurrent cystoscopic surveillance and resection. For those with high risk of tumor recurrence or progression, intravesical chemotherapy or immunotherapy might be required.
- For invasive cancers the various treatment choices are:
- Surgery: For localised tumor which are amenable to resection perhaps surgery is the best possible treatment. This is a major undertaking where in whole of bladder along with accessory organs is removed. The surgeon may offer choices for reconstruction between neobladder (refashioning bladder with patient's gut) or ileal conduit (fashioning a stoma over which bag can be worn to collect urine). Following surgery a regular follow up is required and the prognosis is good.
- Chemotherapy: This modality is reserved for patient's where surgery is not possible or they have metastatic disease (disease spread to other body parts).In this method, medications are used to target and destroy cancer cells.
- Radiation Therapy: This might be and option for patient's that are not suitable for surgery. Radiation therapy uses gamma rays to destroy cancer cells in the body The key to good prognosis in bladder cancers is early detection timely intervention and good follow up. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.
The prostate gland in males surrounds the urethra, through which urine and sperm are passed out of the body. Its function is to secrete a fluid, which provides nourishment to the sperm. It is about the shape of a walnut and is present between the pubic bone and the rectum.
As a man crosses 40, the prostate gland begins to increase in size due to an increase in the number of cells. This is known as hyperplasia. The condition is usually benign and therefore the name benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH). As it continues to grow, there is an increased pressure on the urethra. Therefore, there can be problems with urination. The bladder, being a muscular organ, compensates to some extent and so the problems with urination are mostly managed. If left untreated, this can continue to be a major problem and the bladder may not be able to compensate. In men who are 60-plus, BPH is very common.
Signs and symptoms
- One of the initial symptoms of BPH is when the urine stream begins to grow weak.
- There could also be a reduced speed of passing urine.
- Men with BPH never have a feeling of complete emptying of the bladder.
- On the other hand, there is also a constant difficulty in initiating a urine stream. There could be intermittent breaks in the urine stream.
- The person may feel the need to strain to initiate the stream and to ensure complete emptying.
- There could be dribbling of urine after passing urine.
- The duration between two bathroom visits can constantly reduce, with the constant urge to urinate.
- There is a constant urge to visit the bathroom, which is more common in the night. One of the most annoying features of BPH is the walking up at night to urinate, but with an inability to initiate a stream and an inability to completely empty the bladder, it leaves the person very irritated and frustrated.
- There could be blood in the urine. In fact, blood in the urine accompanied by fever, chills, nausea and vomiting are indications of an emergency.
- There could be blockage of urine completely, if the enlargement is quite severe.
If you are having any of these symptoms, then the doctor will first test for an enlarged prostate through a digital rectal exam. Then a test is done to check a chemical called prostate specific antigen. Increased levels of this chemical is almost always indicative of BPH. In addition, X-rays and scanning may be used to confirm diagnosis.
Blood test cancer prostate is PSA. It is done only if there is a suspicion of cancer. Most cases can be managed by medication. Surgical removal procedure needs a minimum of 2 to 3 days. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.