Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shivananda.sYour feedback matters!
I am suffer from black skin for 6 month. I am using soap for skin please give the suggestion for skin fairness. Any face wash.
I have black spots and pimples on my back. They r very irritating, pls send me health related queries wt to use to avoid getting the spots.
I'm having rashes on my back instead of using various anti bacterial soaps and allergy cream nothing helped me. What should I do?
Hlo doc's Meri skin bht sensitive hai. Islie mere face pe thodi thodi redness hojati hai. please mujhe koi ayurved ka best facewash suggest karo jisme koi side effect na ho or pure din ka dirt bhi face se hatt jaye sone se pehle?
Sir is there any permanent treatment for dark circles? Pls suggest me if any treatment is available.
Sir I suffered ftom itching in 2014 by eating groundnuts. It left black spot on my bodies. I have consulted skin doctors. But no effect on these spots. Now I m very disappointed. Please tell me any solution.
I am 24 year girl. I have dark circle around my eyes. I am using carofit ultra and melacare plus but I can't see any difference. What should I do.
I have marks and pits in my face caused by chicken pox. I want to cure it and want clear face suggest me a good medicine.
I use betnovet c since 4 year .When i dont use betnivet c my face looking dark .And black .If i again continue betnivet c then my face looking good bright . So what can i do ?
Is it okay to put toothpaste and salt mixture on the face to get rid of black/whiteheads? Or will it just worsen the skin?
I am 22 year old male. Since 4 years, My inner thighs are getting black. A patchy type skin is there. Its does not feels like the original skin. Patches are separated by distinct boundary. Have humps around the corner of the patches. It itches a lot. When I itch the skin peals off with solid black residue. Some liquid do come after the itching. Foul smell is also there. I applied terbinafine gel for relief, it felt good for some time but later the small humps appear again with more itching. Now it is spreading to a greater area. My right thigh is almost half cover with the black patches with small humps and left has started. Please help me.
HI, I have joint pain and after completing 1 year of piles operation pain start in anal. Please advise.
A prostate operation involves the removal of a part of the prostate gland or sometimes the removal of the entire prostate gland. Such a surgery is a serious one and several recovery tips must be followed by a patient to ensure quick and successful healing.
Here are some important tips for recuperating from a prostate operation:
- After the surgery, you need to spend up to three days in the hospital for initial recovery. You might be given fluids, which go directly into your veins until you fully recover from anesthesia.
- After the operation, normal urination will be disrupted in the beginning, as the urethra stays swollen. Urinating gets a little difficult and uncomfortable for a few days after the removal of the catheter.
- You may feel fatigued and may feel under the weather for some weeks after a prostate operation. So you must take things easy for at least two months.
- Avoid lifting or moving heavy objects for some weeks following the surgery. Do not perform any exercise, which causes strain. You should ask your friends and family members to carry out chores for you.
- After becoming slightly stable you should start gentle exercises. Walking is an effective remedy, which helps in blood circulation and lowers the risk of getting blood clots in the legs.
- You should drink lots of water during the recovery stage. This will reduce the risk of getting a urinary tract infection and also help in clearing any trace of blood from your urine.
- For improving bladder control, you should perform several pelvic floor exercises.
- In case of any kind of pain, you can take over the counter painkillers to ease the pain.
- It will take you a time span of three to six weeks for total recovery after a prostate operation. You should consult a surgeon about the best time to return to normal daily activities.
- You can get back to work soon, but it depends on your nature of work. Office jobs are not much of a problem, but in case of physical labour, more time is needed before you can resume your duties.
- Activities such as driving can be started quite soon after initial recovery. However, it varies from person to person. Some people may get back to driving within two weeks while some may need a month.
- You have to wait for 6 to 8 weeks after a prostate operation before getting back to sexual activities.
- In case you experience high fever, pain during urination or the inability to urinate, you must consult your doctor immediately.
- It takes a person several weeks to recover from a prostate operation completely. Initially, total rest is required. But eventually, he can return to normal activities and lead a healthy life.