Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Shivanand S.Your feedback matters!
I have been operated for spinal cord tumors two months ago, now I have pain in my buttocks and thig, what causes of it?
Hi! I am 25 years old and I have a knee problem, there is pain in my knees whenever I walk for long period what should I do.
Shoulder impingement is a serious condition leading to severe pain in the shoulder blades of a person. Such kind of shoulder pain may affect anybody anytime. It basically affects the area of your shoulder facing stress due to any sort of overhead action. An impactful pressure on the tendons of bones constituting your shoulder gives rise to this disorder. This syndrome can affect a person who paints, swims, lifts or plays tennis on a regular basis. Once caused, persistent rendering of similar activities can worsen the case. If you are suffering from shoulder impingement syndrome, treatment under an experienced medical practitioner is indeed necessary as otherwise, you may have to suffer from tendinitis or bursitis.
Take a keen look at the symptoms of shoulder impingement
1. Disabling pain in and around the shoulders
2. Under the effect of such excruciating pain, a person has restricted use of his or her arms and neck. He or she will face difficulties in reaching to a higher position above his or head. Aiming up behind your back will also be a challenge with the existence of this syndrome.
3. There is considerable weakness in the muscles of your shoulders, preventing you from working with full vigor
4. If left unattended, shoulder impingement can worsen to cause Rotator Cuff Tear where the tendons tear into two distinctive parts.
Available modes of treatment
1. A doctor might prescribe you anti- inflammatory drugs to relieve you from excess pain. These drugs should only be taken under the close monitoring of a specialist as they might have acute side effects. You might feel nauseous or might have an upset stomach after consuming these medications.
2. Stretching your arms above your head while holding your body in an erect posture can be of great help. This stretching exercise should be tried out in a warm shower for better results.
3. Other exercises under the supervision of a physiotherapist can come to your rescue as well. You should try to move your thumb up your back to recuperate from shoulder impingement.
Any other possible reason for sour feet or ankle pain apart from a person having NO sugar complaint. There is difficulty in walking too due to sour feet?
Hi, I am 25 years old and have backache for last 2 months, what should I do, in 2006 I got surgery and anesthetic has given at spinal cord.
I am 60 years old I am getting leg pains from a week I used homeopath but didn't cure so what can I use for best treat ment.
I am 19 year old boy. When I wake up in the morning I feel pain in my back neck and in spinal cord then what should I have to do?
Rheumatoid arthritis an overview: Rheumatoid arthritis usually stiffens the smaller joints of a person's body. Rheumatoid arthritis is a very common phenomenon affecting millions across the world. It is characterized by severe symptoms like swelling of joints, stinging or throbbing pain, heat and burning sensation around the joints, excessive weakness and inflexibility after sitting for a long span of time. A problem such as this if left unattended can lead to inflammation of the salivary glands, tear glands and of the lining of your lungs. Homeopathy comes to your rescue without requiring you to deal with an array of side effects.
Homeopathic medications to deal with rheumatoid arthritis:
- Arnica is a sought after medication in every household: The Arnica plant has been used for its medicinal purposes for so many centuries now. Arnica is known for its efficacy in treating rheumatoid arthritis. A patient of arthritis could be suffering from inflammation of joints in his or her hands and legs; Arnica can be relied on for relief in such cases. This medicine helps to reduce pain that prevents you from getting a full night's sleep. That apart, it can also counter the effect of muscle cramps and muscle stiffening.
- Pulsatilla can be helpful for patients of arthritis: Pulsatilla can successfully control inflamed pain in several joints of your body. The kind of pain it defends your body from keeps shifting. A sudden stabbing ache might be felt in your wrist but the very next moment it could be in your elbow.
- Bryonia is effective in treating arthritis: An experienced homeopathic practitioner will advocate the use of this medicine if the patient shows signs of intolerance to warmth or hot weather. Bryonia comes to the aid of people with rheumatoid arthritis who experience alternate pangs of tearing and stitching pain. Patients say they feel slightly better when the painful side is in pressure or is being reclined on. Bryonia can fight swelling even in the serous membranes of your joints.
- Causticum can cure muscle weakness: It often happens that a patient of arthritis complains about frail muscle support. Standing upright after sitting at a stretch can make them feel wobbly in their joints. Muscle tendons may contract giving rise to deformities. Causticum successfully deals with all of these issues. A person diagnosed with fidgety nature, especially at night and known to feel burning in his or her ankles is mostly asked to take causticum.
I am suffering from bones fever last 1 week and also weakness. And my leg pain so critical what I do please help me.
I have back pain since last two years the pain is came when I carry weight or luggage any weight age item. Please tell me how to cure my pain immediately.
My husband is 28 years. Yesterday his ankle twist. Doctor said soft issue injury. Due to inflammation they put temporary plaster for 1 week. Post 1 week they said they will confirm the situation. He is in manali and not in situation to go to kullu for further help. He can able to move fingers but he has pain while moving ankle up and down. Pain is unbearable. Please suggest.
My father is suffering from paralysis from past 1 year. Now a days he is screaming always not even sleeping for a moment. What should I do?
I am 19 years old male student I have always pain in my left wrist movement and the pain is like bone cracking it is severe when I lift something heavy or take my hand to push something or open an iron door tried several things still the pain is not going.
I met with an accident on 09/02/2015 and suffered fracture in left medial malleolus and fracture neck of right femur and now its been 3 months I m still in pain and also have complaints about leg shortening as I have gone through dhs on right leg and screw implant in the ankle. Please assist as to how much time it will take and what are the consequences of these kind of fractures.
My husband has disc problem and sciatica pain. Dr. X-ray and told that there is gap between disk. Dr. advise rest and exercise. What should to do in future.
I have Grade 3 acl tear in knee joint moreover there is evidence of tear in posterior horns of medial and lateral menisci reaching the inferior articular surface if i'll posture my surgery for 1 month does it further effect my knee In what time i" ll go for my surgery.
Concentrated pain in the neck can be especially tormenting. Before you look for a cure for this pain and start treating it, it is important that you try and find out the underlying cause behind it as well. Contacting a physiotherapist in time will allow you not only to avoid any and every side effect posed by neck pain, but also assist you to get good riddance from it.
Causes of Neck Pain:
There can be multiple causes of neck pain. The treatment of the same depends wholly on the factor that is causing the pain. Some of these causes of neck pain include
- Misaligned hips,
- Misaligned Spine,
- Misaligned shoulders,
- A constantly forward-tilted head,
- Lack of movement of the head from one specific position,
- Tensing up of the muscles in the upper back,
- Tensing up of the muscles in the neck region, etc.
- It is all these factors and a few more that end up resulting in stiffening of muscles in and around the neck and causing you intermediate to unbearable pain.
Exercises for neck pain:
Neck exercises are a predominant part of the treatment extended by every physiotherapist, to cure neck pain. Some of the most vital and effective exercises for neck pain are listed below.
- Frog: Funny as it way sounds, the frog is one of the best exercises when it comes to treating neck pain. All you have to do is lie down on the floor with your knees apart, your feet joined, your hands laid upward on the floor at a 45-degree angle to your body and just stay there in that position for two minutes. This will force your back to arch naturally, slowly giving some relief to your neck.
- Sitting floor: Try sitting floor for neck pain. All you have to do is sit straight with your back rested on a wall, with your legs laid straight forward. Bring together your shoulder blades and bend to help them meet your knees while curling the toes outward to optimal. Stay in this position for a good 3 minutes, without bending the legs.
- Static wall: Lie down on the floor with your bottom against a wall and your legs up it. You can always scoot back a bit if there is the slightest of discomfort. The aim here is to help the tail bone lie comfortably on the floor. Tighten your thigh muscles but curling your toes outward and pointing your feet straight out from its previous position. Maintain this position for 3 minutes for maximum effect.
- Static back: The static back is the most common and most helpful exercise for neck pain. All you got to do is lie down on the floor, while placing your legs on an elevated surface, such as an ottoman or a chair at a 45-degree angle to your body. Now put your arms at an angle of 45 degrees to your body as well, only sideways on your shoulder. Follow this position by lifting your palms and staying in that position for five to ten minutes.
All these exercises are aimed to positively influence one muscle or the other in and around the neck region and to help you get rid of that pain. Consult a physiotherapist first, and he/she will advise you on the best neck pain exercises.