Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Hello doctors. I have sever problem of gastric. I always feel like my stomach is swelling and heavy. I had consulted many doctors and tried lots of medicine those effects for a short time period but the problem remains same after discontinuation of medicine. Pls suggest any Ayurveda syrup and similar thing that don't negatively effect my liver too and which help me to rid out this problem. Can it be cure with yoga? Thanks.
Mujhe 1 saal se rectam me burning hai feet me bhi burning hai. Sab mujhe plies ki medicine daye hai. Maine bhut se docs ko cheak karvya hai. Sabhi ne kaha ki plies fissure nahi hai. Sara din burning hai. Kabhi 1-2 din ka aaram ho jata phir se burning ho jati hai. Kya karu. Mera Gerd ka treat le rahi. .i used many ointment for plies. Kya karu.
I am feeling my stomach pumped with gas when ever I usually had my lunch and dinner late instead regular time. What is the problem?
Hi i am suffering in Acidity heart burning problem in evening time last 4 years. When I taking a cyra d tablet the Acidity problem not showing 3 4 days. I have also decently from childhood. What can I do? Can I take the rabeprazole (cyra d) for long time.
From last few days whenever I eat food it seems it is getting stored in upper stomach though it never use to be with me even if I use to eat a bit more and all use to boalt my belly but now it's complete contrast especially in case of dinner it get stuck upper stomach and it get normal after long time or I need to make post dinner walk, please let me know what I do because some time even I feel water or saliva when swallow it after eating food.
I get this gas/acidity pain in my stomach upper part every alternate morning. How to get rid of it. What is the cause of this pain.
Is diabetes curable for ever in life can transplant of pancreas transplantation rbe done if yes cost please.
Everyone can suffer from pain in the stomach, at one time or the other and we usually ignore it. But when the pain is sudden and severe abdominal pain then it is termed as acute pain and this should not be ignored.
Often the following can be expected with acute pain:
- Acute abdomen pain is usually synonymous with rapid onset of the symptoms which might indicate life threatening intra-abdominal pathology.
- Pain is just a feature and not necessary that it is present at all times. An acute abdomen which is pain free usually occurs in children and women who are in their third trimester of pregnancy.
- The differential diagnosis is difficult and wide especially in primary care. This is because the different organs within their peritoneal cavity might have different areas of referred pains.
- Abdominal pain usually happens to be in the top three symptoms when patients present their state in the emergency and accident departments. But only few of these have acute abdominal pain.
- Management of the abdominal pain should be the primary focus and an assessment should be done to reach the differential diagnosis so that care can be given accordingly.
- The clinical evaluation regarding abdomen pain can change quickly. Any diagnosis which had been made can change and both doctor and patient should not be hesitant and seek other treatment.
Conditions which might cause acute abdomen pain are:
- Meckel's diverticulitis or Acute appendicitis
- Acute cholecystitis
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Acute pancreatitis.
- Peptic ulcer disease
- Intestinal obstruction, including paralytic ileus (adynamic obstruction)
- Pelvic inflammatory disease.
- Gastrointestinal (GI) haemorrhage
- Acute intestinal ischaemia/infarction or vasculitis.
- Acute urinary retention
- Renal colic or renal tract pain
- Testicular torsion
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Non surgical diseases like pericarditis, sickle cell crisis, acute intermittent porphyria, HIV-associated lymphadenopathy, bowel disease, typhoid, opiate withdrawal, enteritis, pneumonia, myocardial infarction and hepatitis.
- Rare causes might include thromboemboli, phytobezoar, and phytobezoar
Diagnosis of abdominal pains:
- Patients can be ordered to get their blood tests done. Also if need be then imaging can also be referred to them.
- Following tests can be done to rule out the condition causing the abdominal pain:
- Blood Tests: these include FBC, LFTs, glucose, amylase, clotting, calcium and arterial blood gas for pancreatitis
- Crossmatch or group and save
- Pregnancy test in women of childbearing age
- Blood cultures
- Peritoneal lavage in case of an abdominal trauma
- Urine analysis
- X ray of the abdomen, ultrasound, CT scan
- ECG and cardiac enzymes
- Laparoscopy should be a routine procedure