Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Shivanand. EYour feedback matters!
From last one month I am experiencing gas formation in my stomach. Due to which I am also facing lower back pain. In my past I never had such problems.
Hi, I am 64 years old, and I have been diagnosed with 3 anal fistulas, one being high. I have enquired about the vaaft treatment ,and would also like to know about fibrin glue injection as a treatment. I do not want to go for surgery as I have been for too many. Thank You.
Hello doctor, I am having a burning or may be acidity from my stomach to my throat and sometimes in my chest, sometimes when I breath deep I feel someone is stretching my veins in my chest, and I feel some kind of lumps is there in my throat, I am having this for 4 days. I use to smoke a little, but was a heavy smoker for 3 years like 10 cigarettes on an average in past but now 1 or 2 on a daily basis, should I be worried of cancer or something, am nervous and can't sleep please help me out doctor. Thanks a lot in advance.
I am a 77-year old male. Have been taking mag phos 200 x nat phos 200 x 4 pills of each twice a day with warm water for almost 2 months for regulating acidity and strengthening my nerves and muscles. Are there any adverse effects of these medicines in the long run? Please advise.
What to I have a heavy gastric I can not sleep at night my heart will pain at night what to do to clear my gastric?
Sir meri face, body, hair scalp sb dry hai 2 sal se ye problem mene bahut body lotion try kiye pr problem solve nahi. Mere digestive system me problem hai. Sir ye kis vajah se ho raha hai.
I am 25 years old man I want to ask a question regarding My gastric problems sir I was suffering from gastric problems from last 2 years everyday after having the food I will get gastric problems and I can't sleep properly used to eat Pudin Hara medicine but it will give the relaxation for the short time I can't sleep well because of this problems please give me a remedy.
I am going through acute gastric problems lately, I am on insulin Humalog 28 ml in the morning and 26 in the evening with Jalra M 50/1000 with lunch and Glycomet 1gm with dinner. There is lot of fluctuation in sugar level during day time and when I am little late for meal, the gas spreads all over my body and I feel anxious and nervousness. I also take Telma 20 for BP and Pentab 40 in the morning for gas but I do not know what causes this depression type of thing. I am diabetic for at least 8 years. I am 47 yrs old. Does humalog cause so much of gas?
It bleeding while stools. Blood drops a lot but no pain. What to do? It happen since one or two week but today I bleed a lot. What to do?
I am 24 years old female, l have projection in anus. I do not know whether it is from inside anus or not. When touches projection it is soft, acidity,blood in stool, above mentioned symptom is there for last five years. L have applied ice and coconut oil ,pain relief is there. Projection remains there. I am very much afraid if I have cancer, please help.
Diarrhea occurs when the body is expelling germs out of it. An episode of diarrhea can last anywhere from a couple of days to a week. Dehydration, cramps, vomiting, nausea and fever often accompany diarrhea. Usually, children tend to get diarrhoea more than adults.
Diarrhea treatment according to causes behind it
- Treating diarrhea due to infection: Some common causes of diarrhea include infection from rotavirus, salmonella (a type of bacteria) and rarely giardia (a type of parasite). In children, virus is a common cause of diarrhea. Besides watery or loose stools, viral gastroenteritis infection symptoms include fever, headache, stomach ache and vomiting. Gastroenteritis diarrhoea can last for 5-14 days. During this time, fluid loss must be prevented. In younger children, oral rehydration solution (ORS) or breast milk is enough. Just feeding them water won’t replenish the potassium, sodium and other nutrients they lose. Older children, to prevent fluid loss, can be given ORS and popsicles to counter dehydration and vomiting.
- Treating diarrhea due to medications: Antibiotics or laxatives can cause diarrhea in children. If the diarrhea is mild, make sure your child is hydrated. If the antibiotics are causing diarrhoea, you need to continue medication, but do consult a doctor immediately.
- Treating diarrhea due to food poisoning: When it comes to food poisoning induced diarrhea, the same method as countering infection-induced diarrhea should be followed. Keep your child hydrated and call your doctor.
Diarrhea and children - recognising dehydration
The most serious complication of diarrhea is dehydration, especially if the diarrhea is severe. Severe dehydration is critical as it can cause brain damage, seizure, even death. Your child may need immediate medical attention, if you notice the following symptoms:
- Light-headedness and dizziness
- Sticky, dark mouth
- Dark yellow urine
- No or few tears when crying
- Dry, cool skin
- Loss of energy
When should you visit a doctor
Diarrhea resolves within a few days, but it can have serious complications. Call your doctor if you notice signs such as:
1. Looks very sick
2. Diarrhea has persisted for more than 3 days
3. Your child is less than 6 months old
4. Your child is vomiting bloody yellow or green fluid
5. Seems dehydrated
6. The fever reads above 105 degree Fahrenheit
7. Bloody stools
9. Stomach pain persists for more than 2 hours
10. Infrequent urination
Can I workout (like push-ups, lifting 5 kg dumbbells). My bilirubin is high 4.3. But im not encounter any other problems like pain in upper abdomen. Just have a little stress.
Sir, I am 23 years old. I have been suffering from dysentery. I go to toilet daily 2-3 time. Please solve my problem. Thank you.
I am suffering from colitis, IBS syndrome, Since 6 year So please kind tell me the best treatment about this.
I wanna know about pepcid. I will use it for bodybuilding so I wanna know about the doses and best pepcid that have no side affects ?
My wife had her gall bladder removed a 5 years back. Then she started taking medicines for nausea now she is totally defendant on drugs she even suffers from insomnia so she has to take sleeping pills. I need a good alternative for both these problems nausea.
These Gallstones don’t cause any problems in most cases. But prompt treatment is required if stones block ducts and cause infections and inflammation in the pancreas. This may lead to the removal of the gallbladder through a surgery, known as cholecystectomy, which further includes techniques such as laparoscopic (keyhole) cholecystectomy or open surgery.
Although it is a less vital organ, the body can cope up even after removal.
Procedure of surgery:
- The surgery involves removal of gallbladder and gallstones through several incisions in the abdomen. In order to see clearly, the surgeon inflates the abdomen with air or carbon dioxide.
- A lighted scope attached to a video camera is inserted into one incision near the belly button. The video monitor is used as a guide for inserting other surgical instruments into the other incisions to remove the gallbladder.
- Intraoperative cholangiography is the X-ray procedure which shows the anatomy of bile ducts. This is done before the surgeon removes the gallbladder.
- Bile flows from the liver through the common bile duct after the surgery into the small intestine. As the gallbladder has been removed, the gallbladder can no longer store bile between meals but has no effect or little effect on digestion.
- In case of open surgery, the surgeon reaches the gallbladder through a large, single incision in the abdominal wall.
Complications after gallbladder surgery:
This surgery carries some degree of risk like any other surgery. Complications such as internal bleeding, infection, injury to nearby digestive organs, injury to the bile duct and injury to blood vessels.
Types of gallstones:
There are three main types of gallstones. They are
- Mixed stones: They are made up of cholesterol and salts. They tend to develop in batches.
- Cholesterol stones: Mainly made of cholesterol, which is crucial to many metabolic processes. They can grow large enough to block the bile ducts.
- Pigment stones: The colour of bile is greenish-brown, due to some particular pigments.
Medical factors to consider before cholecystectomy:
The most important factor is a consideration of your medical history. This is because the pre-existing conditions influence decisions on surgery and anaesthetic and information about any bad reactions or side effects from any medications would be helpful for surgery.
Self-care after the surgery:
Taking rest is the most important thing after surgery. Avoid things such as heavy lifting and physical exertion. The usual recovery period after the surgery is one week. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gastroenterologist.