Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shivanand. E
Submit a review for Dr. Shivanand. EYour feedback matters!
Hi Doctor, I am having lots of hesitation to visit a hospital in regards to my issue. I am having a pain near the anus/rectum portion. I could find a bulge in that area and it is paining always. No bleeding. Kindly tell me what is the problem and proper medication. Note: I am a marketing person and travel frequently. So, always I have the fear that what will I do if I need to go to toilet while travelling. So, I use the toilets at least 3 times a day. This might be a reason for the problem I guess. Regards,
I have been suffering from the regular motions (not loose) from 3,4 days .It happens suddenly within after 20-30 minutes after I eat something , then I feels immense pressure that I have to use the bathroom very badly. It happens 4-5 times in a day. What would have happen ?
Hi. I have bad breath problem. I consult so many dentist but all of them said that my teeth r perfect. Then I went to gaestrologist for my stomach check up as my mouth becomes dry so early and for check up that may be it is coming from stomach gases but they also said that your system is perfect. There is no problem. So I didn't understand that why it comes. Then I searched that it may be due to psychic reasons also. That now I think alot about it. So it comes. Please doctors suggest me something that is it right that I think alot about it and it comes all time due to over thinking. Nd if yes then please suggest some cure for it. I really need your help thanks.
I'm 20 Yr girl. I have problm of acidity. Usually when I took some spicy food it gives a lot of problm for me ask me how to work out over this problm.
I had a fatty liver since then I scared to eat any kind of fatty things like potatoes, milk ,curd ,meat, banana. Should I stop these thing totally or can I take it regularly but in minimum quantity. Please suggest me what vegetables and fruits I Should eat. Thanks.
I have severe pain on extreme left of my abdomen and above the belly button. Recently I was diagnosed with duodenal ulcer, urine infection and very minute stone like particles in left kidney. This pain is related to which of the above and what should I have to reduce it.
It is an extremely embarrassing situation to have a bladder leakage. Social life could be altered, with reduced socialising for fear of losing control in the presence of others. Though not discussed frankly, it is an extremely common issue and about 25 million people in the United States suffer from this, with 75% of these being women.
Treatment depends on the type of incontinence, such as stress, urge, overflow, functional, or mixed. It starts with least invasive methods like lifestyle changes moving over to surgical approaches.
Ways to manage it
With trips to the toilet increasing considerably when you have urinary incontinence, simple measures can help manage leakage.
- Bladder training: Train your bladder to control the urge for another 10 minutes. This happens by voluntarily contracting the muscles and holding up the urge to go to the toilet. Gradually, it will help increase the frequency of the visit to 4 to 6 hours.
- Scheduled toilet trips: Whether or not there is an urge, visit the toilet every 4 to 6 hours.
- Double emptying: Even after you have voided, force yourself to void one more time. The residual urine, which is almost always present in the bladder, also gets emptied.
- Food/diet modifications: Stress incontinence is worsened by alcohol, spicy foods, acidic foods, and caffeine. Avoiding these can help reduce bladder leakage.
- Kegel exercises: The simple repetition of contracting the pelvic floor muscles, holding it in place, and releasing it can do wonders for strengthening the pelvic floor. This can be done anywhere and any time of the day and is very effective for improving bladder control.
- Catheters: These can be used if the incontinence is short-lived; the person would need to learn how to safely insert and remove it.
- Absorbent pads and medical devices: The absorbent pads are helpful in preventing embarrassment during social situations. On the other hand, medical devices like pessary are inserted into the vagina to support the bladder neck and thereby prevent leakage from the bladder.
- Drugs: Anticholinergics/antimuscarinics are useful to control a leaking bladder. Botox injections can help paralyse the overactive bladder muscles and provide a solution. Topical oestrogen may be used in small amounts to improve tone and reduce incontinence. Alpha blockers are also used in some people with good results. There are muscles that relax the bladder and increase the amount of urine it can contain.
- Surgery: In the event that all these measures are not useful, surgical correction is possible. Sling procedure where an artificial mesh is used to support the urethra. Bladder neck suspension is where the bladder neck is given support to prevent leakage. If there is a pelvic organ prolapse, that is corrected to rectify the bladder leakage. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.