Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Shivakumar SwamyYour feedback matters!
My friends is gas velding many time night problem in your eye drop a water L9ng time a problem not solution 0lz help.
There is some eye problem occur with me in these running days when I am traveling then some time later I see a blur which make me blind, give few beneficial point about how to raise power of eyes sight.
I have long sight of 3.5 can I get rid of specs by laser treatment. Is laser treatment is good for eyes or I may face any problems in the future by laser treatment please answer me.
Hi, My parents has just choose a girl for me for my marriage. But her parents have crossed eyes (strabismus). They have two siblings . Both have not crossed eyes. And I do not have crossed eyes. So if I marry that girl so is it possibility that our children have crossed eye.(Although I and that girl both have not crossed eyes). Please suggest answer asap. Thanks in advance.
I want to represent my country through defence but my eyesight doesn't allow me to do so. How can I rectify my eyesight without spex nd lenses.
Hello, i am a 21 year eng. Student my eyesight is 6/12 for both eyes and correctable to 6/6 with glasses and power of my eyes are -4.5. Will I be eligible for defense forces like Indian army. Quoted text below is what written in their site.
I am using glasses of approx -3 but it was 2009 when I first used a glasses of. 5 and after that it is increasing continuously! I am little worry because right now I fell that it has been increased even more than - 3 because it has been almost a year to consulting a doctor. Give please suggest me?
I heard that lasik surgery is very dangerous and it might completely destroy the eye sight and there are many side effects?
I am 78 years old male patient suffering from retina haemorrhage, floating dark particles etc how to solve this retina problems with out surgery?
I am 39 years male, swelling on my both eyes, no infection inside eyes, I worked entire night two days back.
Dear Sir/ Madam, My eyes start burning and feels irritated due to long hours usage of computer. So, I consulted a eye specialist and they suggested a glass to wear where the prescription says Purpose: constant use ,Quality: CR (plastic) /- Coating - Remark: single vision NOTE: PP ARC. Will buying this really help me in solving my issue. (crizal lens is what they prefer of RS. 2500)
Also known as short-sightedness, myopia is an eye disorder, which disables a person from seeing things clearly from a distance. Myopia impedes one's capability to see distant objects vividly and induces a general sense of blurriness. One of the most common cure for myopic conditions is the constant exposure to concave lenses, which stabilizes the curvature of the refracting surface of the eye, thus improving one's sight. Hence spectacles or contact lenses become the constant companion to a myopic individual. Myopia is often accompanied by sustained headaches and chronic colds.
In fact, under certain circumstances, myopia gets aggravated progressively, which often jeopardizes the health of the eye immensely. In the contemporary situation, where we are persistently exposed to gadgets of all sorts, maintaining the health of our eye becomes a cumbersome task. Periodic monitoring by ophthalmologists is a recommended method.
However, Ayurveda offers some easy and home-based formulae to alleviate the symptoms of myopia:
- Yashti Madhu: A teaspoonful of Yashti Madhu mixed with ghee and honey can prove beneficial to healing myopic conditions.
- Saptamrita Lauha: This medicine comprises of constituents endowed with medicinal properties like triphala, yashtimadhu, lauha bhasma, ghee and honey. It benefits the nervous activities, thereby soothing myopic troubles. It reaps better results when consumed with milk.
- Diet: Myopia is often worsened by a deficiency of vitamins in the body. Therefore increasing the supply of vitamin rich food, enhances the immunity of the body and reduces the strain on the eye caused by myopia. Some of the food items that are replete with vitamins are carrots, green leafy vegetables, citrus fruits, nuts and berries. Fish is also a very effective source of vitamins and is proven to be helpful to the eye.
- Netra Tarpan: Eye drops have often been effective cure to myopia. Netra Tarpan is an ayurvedic eye drop imbued with healing properties which not only tranquilizes the irritation in the eye, but also improves the vision.
- Lifestyle changes: Executing certain lifestyle changes can result in significant improvement in one's eyesight. Yoga and meditation are known to usher explicit health benefits. Regular sleep is also a prerequisite for curing myopia.