Find numerous Occupational Therapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Occupational Therapists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. ShivakumarYour feedback matters!
History of back problem from 20 years. Present position is uncomfort in legs every time, specially at night. Very Severe pain with pressure most of the time in legs which is unbearable. Little Swelling in legs and feet but it's painful while pressing them. Back is having less pain but legs are all time pressurized. Main problem right now is sudden pain starts up to the point of blast specially near ankle. Also unable to bend knees. I am looking for vascular doctor.
I met accident and my right shoulder bone fractured. After surgery my shoulder bone was connected with 3 screws. When I am trying raise my hand and move I got pain in that bone area. Eventhough I am regularly doing physiotherapy exercise as per my doctor's advice I am still have pain and not able to move my hand freely. I met accident 2 months before and surgery also done same day 2 months before. Now my question whether the pain will reduce and may I move my hand freely as before. Tell me. If you like, I will send my x-ray copy to you to get your advise and opinion.
My father has constantly pain in their legs and they always says that his heel was burning! can you suggests what's the problem behind this n what's the cure? please help me doctors.
I age - 21, weight- 58 kg. I have started working out from ten days. In morning I walk and jog a distance of 2.75 km and in the evening I have a gym workout session, where I do cardio for ten minutes, where im able to now cover a distance of 1.5 km. My legs are paining from the day I started workout. But the day before it were aching a bit less, so yesterday I skipped my morning run and today when I went for the morning run, I could not jogg even 500 meters. I covered my daily schedule distance via walking. Please suggest me if this is normal or any special precautions I should take. thanks.
Hell lot of back pain below the waist. Cannot sit. Knee pain also frustrates and has left me bed stuck.
I am 56 years old suffering from ankylosing spondylosis for last three years. I am having severe left hip joint pain, stiffness in neck and both thighs. Can I get some treatment in home?
Sir, My question is that some time I feel shoulder pain (right hand) day or night. How can I solve this shoulder pain. Pl.suggest some Homeopathy medicines, Yours faithfully (Arun Kr. Dutta)
Hi My 2 legs nervs size are increase to much. Really I don't know what is that please help me out sir.
I am suffering from sudden pain in axilla from 5 days. It's not much painful but it pains while I raise my hand. What it could be?
The stabbing pain that you experience around the neck and shoulder region should never be ignored as they may indicate health problems that require medical attention. There are certain points that you need to keep in mind the if you experience prolonged pain in these areas of the body.
1. Neck injury - Your neck and shoulder pain should be seen as a warning sign that you need to take a look at the neck injury you may have sustained during a rear-end automobile accident. More specifically, whiplash injuries that happen when the head experiences a sudden backward and forward jerk, straining the tissues of the neck.
2. Pain in these areas of the body could indicate abnormalities in the vertebrae of your neck such as herniated disc, causing added pressure on the nerves of the spinal cord.
3. Your neck and shoulder pain complaint may also point towards muscle strains. Lifestyle factors like working long hours in front of laptops or desktops leave you with no time and zero energy to exercise, resulting in serious neck and shoulder pains.
4. Your neck and shoulder pain may also indicate the problem of cervical spondylosis. This is a degenerative disc disease, which is characterised by severe pain that originates from the neck and radiates till the shoulders.
5. Even heart problems, such as a heart attack can cause pain in the shoulder and the neck. When this happens, the condition is known as referred pain.
6. Adopting an improper body posture during lifting of heavy materials can induce pain in your body parts, with neck and shoulders being the most vulnerable areas.
7. You may be suffering from a condition known as rotator cuff injury in which the group of ligaments and muscles that support the shoulder get injured during lifting or playing any sport.
To avoid aggravating the pain from becoming more severe, you shouldn't ignore any ache that arises from these areas. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.