Find numerous Occupational Therapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Occupational Therapists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. ShivakumarYour feedback matters!
My uric acid is 7 and having joint pains and on standing I will get back pain heavily even cervical pain too. After lumber traction more than 10 time still pain my age is 51 weight 85 ht 6,9.
I am 28 years old I have delivered a baby on 16 feb. My sole of the foot which does not touch the floor only that part pains a lot. As I touch that than it pains a lot. This has been started since my pregnancy. When I do lots of work my joints of hand and leg pains a lot and even back part.
Dear Dr. My age is 39 years. I do walking for about 3 to 4 kms every morning. But since few days I started getting pain in my feet (adi part). Can you please advise me some remedies to get rid of this pain? I also have pain in my knees, which is more painful during sitting and getting up again. Please advise. Thank you.
Hi am getting pain in left side above hip, from past 15 days, I used diclofenac Mr. tablet but it resulting same if I won't take tablet, pls suggest me or guide me to whom I need to consult.
I feel terrible pain down my legs wen I stand. X-ray shows intervertebral space between 3rd n 4th lumbar vertebrae has lessened. Please help me.
I am 40 years old male, I have pain in left foot rear bone for last 1 month while jogging and walking.
I sometimes feel pain in the right shoulder specially when I go to gym and workout. Not always but occasionally. Please help.
When am lifting my right shoulder I feel pain in my shoulder joint please suggest prescription and medical suggestions.
I am 65 years old. At times, the little finger and ring finger get stretched (cramp) and it takes a few minutes to get them released from the pain. Some times it happens in my right leg also. Please let me know the reason and how to come out of them.
Tomorrow I played badminton for about an hour and after sometime it started a pain in my left lower backside and my right hand & thigh and it is going on also now. What to do?
Hello I am Bhushan, last Sunday I was going to play cricket and I bowled 2-3 overs but after that I am suffering from heavy pain in shoulder. What I do.
I am suffering from pain in my legs from last two days. I have sprayed some gel on legs to overcome but still there is pain even I can't walk properly please suggest what to do.
Myelopathy refers to any neurological deficit pertaining to the spinal cord. The three most common types of myelopathy are Cervical myelopathy, Lumbar myelopathy and Thoracic myelopathy. Here are the causes and symptoms of myelopathy.
- Injury: This is a very common cause of myelopathy. Any type of accident or even a traumatic event can cause myelopathy and perhaps even paralysis.
- Spinal stenosis: This is a condition in which the spinal cord narrows and is one of the leading causes of myelopathy.
- Degenerative disc disorders: As you get older, disc disorders are more likely to occur, as well as other conditions which affect the spinal column, such as osteoporosis, etc.
- Tumor: It is a little known fact that tumors very often do cause myelopathy.
- Multiple sclerosis: There are many other diseases, which may cause myelopathy and multiple sclerosis is one of them.
There are many indications that you are suffering from myelopathy and should consult a medical expert. Here are some of them:
- Change in coordination: It refers to the state, wherein, all of a sudden you may find it harder to move certain limbs the way you want to. Sometimes, it may affect your whole body as well.
- Sudden muscle weakness: It is highly likely, that if you have myelopathy then you will experience sudden weakness in your muscles.
- Decreased hand-eye coordination: This is perhaps the biggest indicator of myelopathy since hand-eye coordination is directly linked to your spinal cord and brain and if they are not functioning properly then hand-eye coordination will be affected.
These are just some of the symptoms of myelopathy, however, the doctor cannot diagnose myelopathy until he conduct certain tests. These tests include MRI scans and other tests as well as a regular physical check-up along with a check of your medical history.