Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shivakumar K V
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shivakumar K VYour feedback matters!
Dear Dr. my 4 teeth were effected by germs so I get pain early morning while brush and also get blood from teeth so what to do.
I had eating tobacco too much. My teeth was now too sensitive when eating spicy food. How care my teeth from this. Please help me. There is any way to improve skin color change from red to pink.
Sir what causes (reasons) of tongue infection (white tongue) and what kind of taken precautions to avoid the problem. So much facing pain. How to reduce this kind of problem totally. What type of food we taken? What I taken tablets and solution and tubes.
My mother is 51 years old. She is asthmatic and suffering from mouth ulcers from the past 5) 4 months. We have tried everything but nothing helps us. She is not able to eat properly. please tell me what should be the routines to cure this. What medicines she should take. What to avoid. Please help me out. I can not see her in pain.
Mild to severe tooth pain can turn out to be debilitating and damaging condition if it is persistent. Also, the pain can spread to the rest of the head and give you an uncomfortable ache and tingling sensation all day long. So what are the causes behind tooth pain? Here's our list!
- Tooth Decay: The presence of food debris that has not been cleaned out can stay on and cause cavities and persistent tooth pain. This condition can also make the teeth extra sensitive and pain then emanates as a natural response to signify that all is not well in the area. This can also lead to sharp pain when bite an apple or munch on nuts. One must see a dentist for this kind of pain so that scaling and plaque removal can take place.
- Injury: If there is persistent, throbbing pain after eating something that is too hot or too cold, then it might be more than mere tooth sensitivity. This condition could also point at chipped, broken or cracked teeth due to excessive teeth grinding or a fall or accident. It could also be caused due to sports injury. The dentist will usually take a dental X ray to find the cause of the pain and to unravel the extent of the damage as well.
- Inflammation: Constant pain may also point at inflammation of the pulp. This may be caused due to damaged roots. If this kind of inflammation comes with bleeding and fever, then you must see a dentist immediately. It can also mean that the pulp or root of the tooth is dying, in which case a root canal may be required.
- Sinus: A dull ache in the sinus area of the upper teeth usually point at sinusitis, which is a condition that emanates due to pain in the nerves of that area. This pain can also happen due to cold and cough as well as an allergic attack that affect the facial muscles due to excessive sneezing and watering of the eyes. Also, a flu and fever can lead to this kind of pain.
- Infection: Inflammation along with fever and bleeding can also point at infection. This can render the complete pulp tissue damaged. Also, the growth of abscess in such cases can cause acute tooth pain. The dentist will usually diagnose the issue with a tooth X ray before prescribing antibiotics and carrying out a root canal for severe cases.
Persistent toothache with other symptoms should always be checked by a dentist so as to rule out long term damage that can result in tooth loss. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
Sir, I have a habit of chewing tobacco, gutkha n smoking too. My internal mouth layers are damaged. So I can not eat normal food without drinking water simultaneously. Without water my mouth burns very much. Please suggest some cure or medicines. Thanks.
Mere teeth thode bahar he Jo acche nahi lagte me kya kru ise thik karne ka treatment bahut lamba he or 1 sal me meri sadi he so please me kya karu.
Root canal treatment is an effective procedure which is used to treat a tooth whose pulp has been infected. The treatment helps to remove the elimination and further protects the tooth from future microbial attacks. Root canals are physical hollows in a tooth which naturally consists of nerves, blood vessels and other cellular beings.
Learning about Root Canal Treatment-
Before one decides to go for root canal treatment, it is important to realize that this method is useful for preserving a dead tooth, not to save one. So, why does one keep the old tooth which is beyond repair? One can pull out the dead tooth and fill the gap with an implant along with an artificial tooth. However, the main reason for doing this is because it is much simpler than an implant. Even though the old tooth is dead, one can immensely benefit from keeping it as its structure will help you to chew food and talk properly.
In root canal therapy, the doctor cuts off the infected nerve tissue inside the tooth so as to prevent it from infecting the rest of the tooth. But there are consequences of root canal therapy as well. A root canal procedure makes the tooth brittle and much more fracture prone. This is because the inside of the tooth has been removed leaving the outside shell dry and brittle. This is why a root canal therapy often involves a second procedure called crown. A root canaled tooth needs to be protected because the tissue inside of it has been removed. Here comes the crown. The crown is a strong outer covering which is even stronger than the enamel which preserves the structure of the tooth thus preventing fractures.
Failure to undergo permanent restoration placement by the dentist after root canal treatment within next few weeks may result in failure of the root canal treatment due to decay, infection, tooth fracture and/or loss of the tooth structure.
Factors Determining the Success of Root Canal Treatment-
A root canal therapy is an attempt at saving the remains of your tooth. However, sometimes the damage is too much or the enamel is too brittle to withstand the procedure. These factors may cause the loss of a tooth.
Many factors contribute to the success of root canal treatment and not all factors can be determined in advance. Some of the factors are:
- individual resistance to infection.
- the size, shape and location of the canals.
A case may be more difficult if the tooth has blocked, curved, or narrow canals. The treatment may not relieve the symptoms and treatment can sometimes fail for unexplained reasons. If treatment fails, other procedures (including re-treatment or surgery) may be necessary to retain the tooth, or it may have to be extracted. During and after treatment, the patient may experience some pain or discomfort, swelling, bleeding and loosening of dental restorations and may also need antibiotics to treat any associated infections.
Another factor in this method is the development of an abscess near the root of the tooth if some of the infection remains back or if the antibiotics are not effective enough. Root canal instruments sometimes separate (break) inside the canal which may or may not effect the prognosis. If the separated fragment cannot be retrieved, it may be sealed inside the root canal, or require additional treatment in the future.
Failure to undergo permanent restoration placement by the dentist after root canal treatment within next few weeks may fail if the root canal treatment, decay, infection, tooth fracture and/or loss of the tooth.
The alternative techniques to root canal therapy include either no treatment or tooth extraction. Tooth extraction may be followed by any prosthetic replacement procedure like dental implants or a removable denture. One can also fix a partial denture which is commonly called a bridge in medical terms.
Conducting no treatments is often accompanied by factors like occasional pains, infection and a possibility of deterioration in the dental infection such that the tooth will no longer be restorable. If a massive loss of tooth structure occurs, then extraction may be the only option.
Taking all factors into consideration, root canal therapy is a very effective method for removing dental infection and is the best possible method in the field.