Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Shiva KumarYour feedback matters!
I've been suffering from (SEES) sharp edge eyes syndrome where I can not look at any sharp and pointed object or corners of any object. There is no headache, its just a strong urge to look away from it and even than there could be a discomfort because of its image being still there in my memory. Sometimes I might feel normal looking at such objects but suddenly I became aware of it and same thing happens. I've suffering from it since my childhood, now I am 40. This has been a big hurdle in my academic as well as professional life. Please suggest ant solution if there is any. Thank You.
From past one week I'm frequently getting water from my eyes while driving and while using computer. I'm a 22 year old male, I'm employee my work is based on computer. Daily on a average I'll use system for about 6-8 hrs. Is this because of using system more frequently? What are prevention or care need to be taken? Are there chances of getting eye site? If so what precautions need to taken to stay safe? Thank you! Waiting for a valuable response.
I am suffering from a shortsighted of -2.how to overcome it. Is there any medicine to cure shortsightedness. Pls help.
I have red eyes from last 30 days and I ised to wear spectacles of 3 number from last 2 year tell what you do to solve this problems.
Sir I am suffering pain in my half right head some time because of pain I can not open my eyes I just like darkness please help.
We as human children are born with +4.00d power. This eye power helps us in better vision for distance and is essential for survival for both hunting and hunted animals to survive on earth. We have binocular vision meaning both eyes used together for focusing that give us depth sense. Thus, we are born hunters in order to survive on this earth.
But by evolution came agriculture to sustain us. Now we send our young toddlers to school at 3 years of age. Excelling at studies remain the aim. So nature improves our near vision. In the process our distance vision get blurry and we require minus power to look at the distance. Hence, in each successive generations population of myopia (minus power) is increasing.
Me and my husband had very weak eyes and we have used spectacles then after our marriage we went for Lasik. My baby is 3 years old. To keep him engaged he sometimes watches tv in a day maximum 1 hour. I have noticed as soon as he starts watching tv he starts rubbing his one eye. What could be the reason? And please suggest some good diet for eye health so that he does not have to use specs at early age.
My wife has problem of itching in eye she is 26 year old. She is facing problem since last 2.5 year.
My eyes are becoming weak day by day, I am also suffering from myopia how can I improve my eye sight?
I have less eye power. I wear a power glass over 10 years but no improvement. What I do? Please advise me.
I have an eye problem I lost my left eye vision almost Doctors say we can not do now Accidentally my eye was damage by a pen when I was 3 4 years Now both eyes are not looking same.
I have spectacles. My eyes no. Is 0.75 L &1.0R I want to know that ,is it require to wear glass when I read my books for study.
While red bloodshot eyes may look worrisome at first sight, it is not a cause of concern all the time. There are benign, short-lasting bouts that will disappear on their own to serious medical reasons that could require intervention.
Listed below are some common causes and ways to manage red eyes.
- Conjunctivitis: The most common cause of red or pink eye is a conjunctivitis infection of the membrane covering the sclera. The blood vessels are irritated and give the eye a red hue. This is contagious and very common in children, needs to be treated with antibiotic drops based on the cause.
- Allergy: Be it pollen, dust, dander, or some other chemicals, eyes could be sensitive to it and get inflamed and take on a red color. This can be treated with a combination of prevention by avoiding exposure to the allergen (which causes the allergy) and some antihistamine drops if required.
- Contact lenses: Extended or improper use of contact lenses is the main reason for red eyes in contact lens users. There is reduced lubrication, increased accumulation of dust and microbes if the lens is not removed at frequent intervals. Removal of the lens and visits to the doctor are important things for managing it.
- Computer Vision Syndrome: With people spending a large amount of time staring at computer screens, tablets and phone screens, the dryness in the eyes increase, thereby, leading to red eyes. The reduced blinking when working on computers also affects the condition. It is therefore very important to take conscious breaks to stare away from the monitors and use special glasses if required. In some cases, eye drops may also be required.
- Occupational Hazard: For people working outdoors, conditions such as dust, heat, smoke, and dry air increase the chances of red eyes. Reducing exposure as much as possible and use of protective eyewear is extremely essential.
- Dry Eye Syndrome: The tear glands are a constant source of lubrication for the eyes and also cleanse the eyes from the minute dust particles and other irritants. For various reasons, the tears produced may not be sufficient and can lead to red eyes. Artificial tear substitute could be used for managing this.
Some benign reasons like swimming, smoking, lack of sleep, pregnancy, common cold also produce bloodshot eyes. On the other hand, corneal ulcer, uveitis, ocular herpes, glaucoma, and other medical conditions could also lead to red eyes.
If it persists for more than 2 days, is painful, and is associated with discharge or sensitivity to light, it is important to seek medical help, especially if associated with injury or trauma.
Related Tip: "Natural Remedies For Better Eyesight"