Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Shiv ShankarYour feedback matters!
Feeling body pain in morning when I wake up, exactly in the area of the position I sleep, more pain in back, is it due to lack of any vitamin, how can it be treated?
I am 17 years old. I was using melamet skin cream for skin lightening somehow it gave a good result but when I stopped using it made my skin more darker leaving spots and blister behind. What should I do?
A 11 year old girl tested positive for Dengue is hospitalized but doc has still not transfused platelets despite the level depleting to 8000. We are worried but the treating doc seems confident about his line of treatment. Pl suggest if it is ok to wait without infusing platelets.
I m 16 years old and due to playing in the sand I have got many rashes on my body please consult me what I do for it.
Hi. I'm suffering from wisdom teeth pain form last 5 days. I took some tablets but no use. It is so painful. It seems infected at wisdom teeth. It is 3rd time to me. Is it mandatory to remove the teeth or any other alternative is there. please help me. Thank you.
Hii mam meri wife ke periods irregular hain march 8th ko perieod aaye April 10th and then may 16th mere ko ye janna hai ki meri wife ka ovulation time kab hota hai main kya kru.
I still don't find any best cream for acne treatment and acne scars removal .please suggest any good cream or ointment for treat acne fast.
My father is a diabetic for last 25 year. As per his test report urea 83.5 creatinine 2.2 uric acid 6.1 total protein 6.3 alkaline phosphate 135 calcium 8.6 phosphorus 4.3 sodium 134. 6 and other ok.
Recently, I have got checked my lipid profile. The readings are LDL-52, HDL-17, Triglycerides-54, Total cholesterol-88. What do my numbers tell? I daily spend around 3-4 hours in exercise, eat healthy food and do what not. My question is. How to improve my HDL, which is quite low?
I m 21. And my height is 4.9. I m married. And give any type of medicine or any suggestion which grow my height.
Sir/ Mam, Specially 1 month ago. Now in the hot season I have caught a cold. Water flow from my nose & also caught a cough. I wanna sing a sing but I can`t. I tried strepsils. But it didn`t work. Could you give a best suggestion please?
The LES valve in the stomach is designed in such a way that as soon as food passes through it, it closes. If however, LES remains partially or fully open, acid produced by the stomach can move up to the esophagus resulting in a burning sensation called acid reflux or heartburn. This condition is commonly known as the hital hernia.
Some of the common symptoms of acid reflux:
1. Consumption of large meals at one go.
2. Lying down immediately after having a meal.
3. Obesity or being overweight.
4. Consumption of snacks just before bedtime .
5. Consumption of certain food items such as chocolate, garlic, onion and citrus-related food.
6. Consumption of caffeine related products such as coffee, liquor and cigarettes.
7. Certain medicines such as aspirin is also known to be a trigger for acid reflux.
8. Pregnant women or patients with blood pressure are known to be suffering from acid reflux.
Tips to deal with acid reflux
There is a wide range of treatment options available for acid reflux. If you are suffering from occasional heartburn, there are some wonderful home remedies that can be tried. However, if the acid reflux recurs more than once in a week, it is best to consult a doctor. Home remedies to deal with acid reflux:
1. Sleeping on the left side is known to reduce acid reflux.
2. Reducing weight greatly helps in tackling acid burn. Patients with obesity are more vulnerable to acid burn.
3. It is best to avoid food that triggers acid burn.
4. Chewing gum greatly helps in countering acid burn. It helps in producing saliva which soothe the esophagus.
5. Intake of One spoon of baking soda every day proves to be extremely effective. Baking soda contains sodium bicarbonate which has a pH of more than 7 and can effectively neutralize the acid from stomach.
6. Intake of aloe vera, apple, banana or ginger is known to have very positive effects on acid burn.
7. Intake of 1 table-spoon of mustard can give instant relief from acid burn. Mustard’s alkaline properties can make the acid neutral in the system.
8. Regular intake (one after every meal) of almond helps to fight acid burn
1. If you are buying over the counter, Histamine 2 blockers is a great medicine that instantly gives relief from an acid burn. Typically Doctors suggest this medicine with a higher dosage. This medicine can be consumed half an hour before the consumption of a meal. However, It is best to consult a doctor before consuming any medication.
2. Doctors often suggest medicine from the PPI family. It effectively blocks acid production in the esophagus for a longer duration. Some common medicine from this group includes Lansoprazole, Pantoprazole and Rabeprazole. Although, a doctor should be consulted.
After typhoid there was huge hair loss n when ever i consult a dr. For this they say it will come by there own and its been 5 to 6 years but it did nt happened then i tried elopathic medicine it did nt helped much ,now i am on homeopathy medicine but it is also nt effectfull , and i am a 23 year old guy with very less hair kindly help me.
Someone told me that if we run for longer period it may cause loss of wrist muscles. Is it true please tell?
‘Probiotic’ is one of the most popular word in health food industry today. The health food and grocery stores today are full of options on probiotic food and drinks. The literal meaning of probiotic is ‘for life’. Probiotics in scientific terms are microorganisms who provide enormous health benefits when consumed. In normal terms, they are friendly bacteria needed for our body to maintain a healthy gut.
Yogurt is one such super healthy food made by adding friendly bacteria to the milk. Doctors recommend eating a bowl of yogurt (400 gms) every day. Being a dairy product, Yogurt is not only packed with Calcium and Protein, it is also a powerhouse of vitamins and minerals like vitamin A, B2, B12, Riboflavin, Potassium, Phosphorous and Magnesium.
Let’s now look at some well researched health benefits of yogurt:
Yoghurt is effective in the prevention of Osteoporosis. This calcium rich food serves great benefits when fortified with Vitamin D. Look for yogurt with a boost of vitamin D as consumption of Calcium and vitamin D on a regular basis can aid in the prevention of Osteoporosis.
Many of us need to consume antibiotics in sickness to eliminate the infection. However, antibiotics not only kill disease causing, but good bacteria as well. Thus, it is very beneficial to consume yogurt especially when on antibiotics to help our body replenish lost nutrients and good bacteria.
Yogurt has now emerged as a beauty ingredient. A lot has been said about yogurt and weight management as well as its skin care benefits. A lot of beauty products now boost of yogurt goodness. Eat Yogurt and apply a yogurt mask for a spotless glowing skin!
Yogurt can leave you feeling full for long as it has high-quality protein. Thus, it can be a great snacking option. These days, yogurt occupy a big place in the food industry. We have many options over the counter from frozen yogurt, sweetened or flavored ones, smoothies to thick Greek yogurts. Though they are all great options to have, it is important to go for trusted brands and read the ingredients before you buy. Nutritionists, however, recommend fresh homemade yogurt over the ready-made ones to reap their maximum benefits.
There are many ways to add variety to your yogurt bowl every day. Whip it up with some fresh fruits; add ground flax seeds or nuts for a boost of Omega-3. Blend it with some natural honey and muesli for a perfect healthy smoothie.
Say cheers to good health with a bowl of yogurt every day!