Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Shiv Kumar SwamyYour feedback matters!
I am 16 year old male I am having chest pain from 6 months and I have cough problem from year also please tell all about that.
For the past 5 days now ive been having a very sharp pain when sitting up or moving. This is around my heart where the pain is, I have to sit still for at least 10 minutes before this pain eases off, I have to stay in a certain position otherwise I get the shooting pain, please could you tell me or give me an idea of why im getting this?
Hello I am 49 Running, Past 2-3-4 year I am suffering the pain after meal . Even after breakfast also. I am not suffering with BP or diabetic or any other major or critical problem. Pls advice
I am suffering from dry cough for the last two week and I have a chest pain whenever I cough hard. Please help me.
Hi! I am a 36 years old male with a slighty heavy body. I am unable to maintain my erection for last 4 months or so, neither I enjoying any stiffness in my tool. Also would like to point towards my high bloodpressure, in severe case it has been reported to 215 / 140 with 100 pulse and I am currently under allopathic medication for the same.
Well im facing some pain in my chest and I already taken pain killer but it will not work please help me out.
Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) is a traditional and well established surgical procedure for treating diseases in the coronary artery. The process is carried out by using blood vessels alternately (vein or artery). Initially, CABG was performed by using the left internal mammary artery and saphenous vein. It was observed that the chance of occlusion in the vein grafts was much higher than the arterial grafts. In the last decade, total arterial grafting, which uses all the arterial conduits, is being practiced as CABG for better results.
Types of Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting
- Traditional Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting: In this type of CABG, the surgeon will initially open up the chest bone to gain access to the heart. The heart is stopped using medications and the body is connected to a heart-lung bypass machine to circulate oxygen and blood throughout the body.
- Minimally invasive direct coronary artery bypass grafting: In this surgery, small incisions are made on the left portion of the chest to gain access to the heart. This surgery is used to bypass the blood vessels present in the front portion of the heart.
- Off-pump Coronary artery bypass grafting: In this procedure, the chest bone is opened up to access the heart. Here, however, the heart is not stopped during the surgery.
Patients, who have been suffering since a long time and have been operated on the vein grafts, have a chance of re-developing certain artery diseases such as a heart attack. To counter this possibility, surgeons have started using the method of Total Artery CABG. In this procedure, the left and right internal mammary arteries are used from the chest and the radial artery, from the fore arm for the surgery.
The main advantages of this procedure are:
- The survival rate is higher in total artery CABG as compared to the traditional CABG.
- It comes with long term benefits
- The procedure is safe as well as feasible
Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!