Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shirisha TestYour feedback matters!
I have 3 inch upper jaw front teeth on my lips. Is this possible to get them in accordance with downward jaw at the age of 20+
I am a dentist and have often faced muscle spasm in my neck muscles. I have done physiotherapy sessions and doing yoga. Recently I have started with homeopathic medicine also. But still have pain and spasm in neck muscles. X-ray is normal. Kindly advise.
Sir i am 24year old my mouth small open but gutka eat but kuch tablet batlaye jisse my mouth full open
Dear sir. I have sensitivity problem in my teeth. When I eat sweets or drink cold water it hurts a lot. So please advice me what shall I do.
My gums have started bleeding suddenly from last three days and in some parts they are swollen what should I do?
Actually today I was in date with my girlfriend and we were kissing each other and then suddenly my says me that from your mouth had smell is coming.
Why do I get these small white painful spots on the inside of my lips after every few weeks? They make brushing and all the other activities of the mouth painful. What are they?
My teeth became sensitive to hot and cold drinks. What will b the remedy for this. I have used tooth paste. But no relief.
My body is little bit fat and I have an ulcer on my mouth so I am depress regarding this. This ulcer is from since years years pleas help me out.
In last 2 year I have a problem in my neck there are some white buds (like small partial) are growth in my mouth that is not painful but when I remove this then some of them has very bad smell so please tell me that what is the problem in my mouth and neck?
My tongue is almost tasteless from 2 days now, little swollen and feels burnt (though it wasn't). There is a thin white layer on my tongue as well. I was feeling feverish couple of days back, took couple of paracetamol.
Tooth lost to either decay or gum disease leaves a dent in many areas - facial appearance, chewing, facial structure support, etc. Fixed dentures were a good substitute, however, with one major disadvantage. They required removal of natural tooth structure from adjacent healthy teeth. The next big search was to find ways to avoid this, and the result is the dental implant.
The tooth has a visible part called the crown and an invisible part called the root which is hidden in the jaw bone. While the fixed denture replaces only the crown, the implant replaces both the crown and the root.
How implants are done: Once a tooth is lost and the bone is healed to the desired extent, a biocompatible titanium post that is screwed into the bone. This material has the unique property of osseointegration - it fuses to the bone, which is almost like a natural tooth in its socket. This complete fusion may take about 2 to 6 months depending on overall health. After it gets absorbed well into the bone, a crown that matches the adjacent teeth is fixed on it. Implants can also be used for replacing multiple teeth or for overdentures.
There are certain reasons why implants work so well, listed below are some:
- The material: Titanium is biocompatible and does not cause any adverse reaction in the body. It fuses to the bone completely and is not just put in place to fill the gap. That ensures that the support provided for the new crown or bridge is as good as the original tooth with a root embedded in the jaw bone
- Post-implant care: Required, but not to the extent required by dentures. There is very minimal difference between caring for an implant and caring for an implant
- Function: As the implant is completely fused and embedded in the bone, it functions as good as a natural tooth in terms of chewing efficiency and pressure that can be applied on it. This is not the case with dentures
- Gum health: Bridges have an adverse effect on the gums with a constant mild pressure exerted on them. Implants do not do that and therefore are more friendly on the gums
- Bone health: While bridges affect the alveolar bone health by allowing them to continue to degenerate, implants occupy the space in the bone and do not allow further degeneration. This is probably the most important advantage of implants.
- Aesthetics: Needless to say, the look of a well-done implant far surpasses that of the dentures.
Check with your dentist if you are an ideal candidate for implant, and if yes, it surely is worth the investment.