Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shilpi Rawat
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Shilpi RawatYour feedback matters!
My wife, aged 60 years is diabetic for abt a decade, is under regular treatment. Oflate, she suffers moderate to severe pain in her both shoulders, fingers gets stiffed n take little time for normalcy causing pain and agony. Her latest blood test reports, 137/197, before empty stomach in the morning and after lunch. Shes not taking any medicines/tabs other than for diabetic. She was taking physio-therapy and feels its not yielding the desire relief. Please advice.
I have a serious lower back pain and my MRI showed bulging of disc in multiple vertebrae like L5-S1, etc. When I sit or ride bike, it pains. Right now I am on ayurvedic medics which will help me to control my pith. I am in ayurvedic from last 1.5 months. Please help me. It pains a lot.
I am suffering with parkinson/right hand shivering and with left knee pain. Pl suggest remedies. I am 70 years old. Widower.
Hello sir, Why is there pain and swelling in ankle, wrist, joints and shoulder pain even after 10 days of fever. What are the remedies. please suggest.
I am 22 year old male I have pain in my knee. When I run it will pain in my leg. After that if I give pressure to my knee it will be paining and difficult to walk and I can't get on stairs. And there is a sound from my knee when I move my leg upwards and downwards please help.
If your kid is affected by Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD), it is important for you to know about the best ways of dealing with the condition. Muscular dystrophy consists of group of diseases, which result in the weakening of muscles along with reduced flexibility. DMD accounts for being the most common type of muscular dystrophy. It occurs because of flaws in the gene, which controls how your body keeps the muscles healthy. This disease affects boys and the symptoms start appearing from early childhood.
There is no specific treatment for DMD. However, there are several ways, including medicines and therapy, to deal with the symptoms and to protect the muscles.
- Several steroids such as prednisone help in slowing down muscle damage. Children taking this medicine are able to walk for two to five years longer than they would usually do. Lung and heart functions are also improved.
- DMD leads to heart problems and hence, you should take your child to a heart doctor for regular checkups until the age of 10.
- In some cases, a surgery may be required to fix their shortened muscles, for straightening the spine, or for treating a heart or lung problem.
Taking care of your child
If your child has DMD, it does not mean that he will have to refrain from activities such as school, sports and spending time with friends. By sticking to the right treatment plan, you will be able to make your child active.
- Stand and walk: Being in an upright position will keep your child’s bones strong and the spine straight. You can get your child braces or standing walkers, which will help him in terms of balance and mobility.
- Eat right: Although there is no special diet for DMD, several food items should be taken for preventing problems related to weight. Your child should eat the proper amount of food with a proper balance of nutrients and calories regularly.
- Stay active: You should ensure that your child exercises regularly. Regular stretching exercises help in keeping the muscles and joints limber, which makes him feel better. You can avail the help of a physical therapist for an exercise schedule.
You can look for and join local support groups associated with DMD, as other families living with DMD can be a source of good advice and understanding about life with DMD.