Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shilpha Kumar
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Shilpha KumarYour feedback matters!
I had a regular eye check up once in a year .I am suffering from a little pain in my left eye from several months .I have visited my doctor yesterday at the Centre for Sight ,he assured me that this is not of great issue but due to weakening of muscles of left eye .Also there is a slight decrease in my no from -4.5 to -4.25 and also a decrease in my cylindrical no from -1.00 to -0.75 .My doctor recommend me that you can wear specs from this no only due to not a major change. What can I do now because when earlier when my no was -3.5 this problem is not there but when I shifted to -4.5 this starting occurring but only in the left eye .
One of my relative nearly lost eye site due to Steven Johnson effect. Tears are not formed. Now she is using artificial lens with liquid in it. It's taking lot of time to recover. The method adopted is Boston Technic. Can any doctor suggest better treatment. She is 18 years old. You can call me on 9821249793 Mumbai.
I am 31 year old male I am having problem that in my left eye part of white lid shows in red colour for the past 4 months. So what is the problem how can I clear this problem?
I feel very different in my eyes. Whenever I come out of an Air conditioned room to hot outside. My eyes didn't easily merge with change in cool n hot atmosphere. And sometimes a white liquid comes at the sides of my eyes whenever am expose to sunlight. I want to know the exact reason for this cause and what are all the foods should I take, to make them healthier.
Sir. My eyes are red from last 3 months and they are becoming much red. When I watch a 2 hours movie .and I had a lot of uncomfort while watching movie on tv. It's also itching and painful in the eye if I watch the tv more than an hour. Plse give a better suggestion. I consulted a doctor .he gave me refreshing drops. But they are no use to my problem.
Hi doc my name is shashi. I worked on pc for ten hours daily since one year. Now a days I am suffering from headache and I can't sleep properly due to pain. Although I m using anti reflecting glass. So please help me to cure that problem.
The spots which occur in the vision are known as eye floaters. One might feel specks of gray and black or cobwebs and strings drifting in the eyes and the same darts away on staring at them directly. The most common cause of eye floaters is age related. This happens when the vitreous & the jelly like substance of the eye becomes very liquid. The fibers within the vitreous clump to form small shadows on the retina. This gives it an appearance of floaters.
Symptoms of eye floaters Include:
- Spots in the vision which appear as knobby or dark specs and strings that are transparent float in the eye
- Spots which move when the eyes are moved and when one tries to look at them these spots quickly move away from the field of vision
- Spots that are noticed most when looking at plain backgrounds like a white wall or blue sky
- Spots which settle and drift put slowly from the vision
Causes of eye floaters are:
- Age-related: The most common cause of eye floaters is the age related changes in the vitreous. Vitreous is a jelly like substance which fills the eyeballs and help it to maintain the round shape. With age the vitreous liquefies partially and this causes it to be pulled away from the interior surface of the eyeball. As the vitreous sags and shrinks, it becomes stringy and clumpy. When the vitreous gets clumpy then small debris block the light which passes through the eye and casts shadows on the retina.
- Inflammation at the back of the eye: The inflammation of the layers of the uvea in the back region of the eye is called posterior uveitis. This can give rise to eye floaters. Posterior uveitis is usually caused by inflammatory disease or infections.
- Bleeding in the eye: Bleeding of the eye in the vitreous can have any cause associated with it. Some might be an injury or the problems of the blood vessel.
- Torn retina: Tearing of the retina occurs when the sagging vitreous applies a pressure on the retina and ends up tearing it. If treatment not given then the retinal tear might lead to the detachment of the retina and accumulation of fluid behind the retina. This causes the retina to separate from the eye. If not treated it might also lead to permanent vision loss.
Treatment of Eye Floaters: