Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. ShilpaYour feedback matters!
An elementary knowledge of biology tells you how important joints are for the overall functionality of a human body. If not for biology experience teaches us the inevitable importance of joints. The link between a tooth and the jawbone is also a joint. Without joints the human body would have been in bits and pieces.
Having known that, you should also try to remember or understand how disabling joint pains can be. They hardly let you move a limb and can also cripple you for life. Knee joint pain can hinder a person's free movement. Knees bear the entire load of your body; they support your frame. Knee joint pain should therefore be a cause for alarm.
Going by the following ways can relieve you of knee joint pain:
- Maintain a healthy weight: Carrying extra pounds can exert additional pressure on your joints and contribute to knee pain. If you're overweight, losing as little as 5 percent of your body weight can help relieve the stress on your knees. Talk to your doctor about developing a healthy eating plan and exercise program to help you lose weight sensibly.
- Find a low-impact exercise you enjoy: Talk to your doctor before beginning an exercise program. Good choices for people with knee pain include walking and swimming. Be sure to warm up before and cool down after exercising. Avoid hilly terrain and high-impact activities like running and jumping, as these can worsen knee pain.
- Give physical therapy a try: Physical and occupational therapy often are helpful for people with knee pain. A physical therapist can help design an exercise program that fits your individual ability level and teach you proper techniques to spare your joints. Occupational therapy can teach you how to reduce strain on your knees in your daily activities.
- Get enough rest and relaxation: Sure, physical activity is important, but rest and relaxation can go a long way to promote good health - and reduce pain. Achieve a healthy balance in your life by learning stress-relief techniques like deep breathing and meditation.
- Make sure you're getting enough sleep: No question-arthritis pain can interfere with a good night's sleep. However, proper sleep is necessary for overall health, so if you are having trouble sleeping, talk to your doctor. Proper pain management can help break the cycle to help you slumber soundly.
- Use Ice and/or Heat: For many people with arthritis pain, ice can help relieve pain and swelling and heat can help ease stiffness. Ask your doctor about how to safely use an ice pack and/or a warm towel or heating pad. A hot shower in the morning or warm bath before bed at night also may be helpful.
- Apply a topical pain reliever: A number of over-the-counter and prescription creams, gels, sprays and patches are available to help relieve arthritis pain. These pain relievers contain ingredients like capsaicin, salicylates, menthol, or a combination of medicines. Ask your doctor if one of these products might be right for you.
- Consider Injections: Persistent arthritis pain may respond to treatment with injections. Available options include corticosteroids, which can be used up to 2 or 3 times a year to relieve severe pain, and hyaluronic acid, which can help replenish lubricating substances in the knee. Talk to your doctor about the benefits and risks of injectable treatments for knee pain.
- Talk to Your Doctor about Surgery: If you have severe osteoarthritis symptoms that interfere with daily life and do not respond to conservative treatment, surgery may be necessary. Ask your doctor about arthroscopic procedures or total knee replacement, may be necessary.
I am a student. I spend a lot of time with books but my problem is I can not study not more than 1 hour. After 1 hour hour headache and back pain started. please gave suggestions to increase study time.
My mother has lower leg pain. Disease such as burning numbness tingling from few days. So what I should do for her?
She has problem in her leg. Her leg is paining and swelling so I don't know what to do her veins are blocked or she has another problem yesterday we visit to a doctor and he did X-RAY AND VITAMIN TEST and he gave some medicine and calcium injection for 15 days please help us I don't know what's the problem please help.
Sir I have a four years daughter. After my daughter was born, my wife is is having pain in forearms and fingers and same way lower legs and fingers. As we suspect this may be result of poor diet after delivery. Can you pls suggest something remedial?
Sir, I am of 15 and I have pain in my back after sitting for half an hour. What should I do to avoid the pain?
I am suffering from pain in my elbow of right arm in elbow joint from 1 month due to pick the high weight from this arm?
I am 35 years old and in an accident I got a fracture at my ankle before two month ago and it had been operated at both side. My question is how long time it will take to recover and can I walk properly like before?
Hello, My dad have surgical pain in shoulder neck and arms. please suggest what should they do to get rid off bad pain. please give any medicine or any exercise. My dad is very active. Doing physical drinking lot of water but due to surgical pain they did nothing so please suggest me.
I'm having pain at left knee. I didn't fell down or did anything, just taken a fast run when my friend had fallen from bike nearer to me. I have no pain while walking or sitting but when climbing stairs up and down, my left knee is painful. Is there any solution to my problem. I'm a 25 years man.
My mother is 62 year old recently she have gone through cataract operation of her left eye and after operation doctor says that her eye is in good condition and operation is completely successful but my mother usually complains pain and piercing in her operated eye. We have consulted two doctor and both are saying that eye is fine and may be due to dryness can be the cause of this so can you suggest what is actual cause and treatment for this. She is feeling so discomfort in her eye.
I am 22 old female having back problem and pain every time I touch my lower back its painful. Whats this and wht should I do.
UAM suffering from low back pain list 2 weeks and I have chest pain can you suggest what should be done.
Disc prolapse can be easily treated by nerve root injection or removal of disc fragment by endoscopic discectomy under local anesthesia