Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shilpa Harish
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shilpa HarishYour feedback matters!
She is telling she have stomach cramps. And she is nt hvng her monthly periods. What is the reason behind this. Anybody suggest me.
I'm Maahi, 21 years old unmarried girl. I have an unprotected sex with my bf on 31st july. After dis on 13th of august I hav got my periods then again on 4 and 5 September, 2016 I have an unprotected sex but this time after an sex i'll immediately take (Ipill) contraceptive pill within 12 hours after sex. I have got my last periods on 13 august, 2016. Everytime I got my periods at the gap of 24-25 days. So according to this after 13 august my next period date was 5 or 6 September, 2016 but still i'm not getting my periods. Plzz tell me is there any chance of pregnancy? I'm so worried please give me suggestion.
Helo doctor. I want to ask that my period is late two days. But I have cramps n brown discharge nw. N my last period is on 18 july. But on 6 august I hve unprotected sex. On the same day I take ipill 1.5 mg. Why my period is late. M so world. please help.
Hi sir, I will do marry in next 1 year so what I can do before my marriage which medical test I do. And my girlfriend also. Please sir suggest me how to enjoy personal sex life.
Reduced sex drive can be a result of many psychological and physical causes. This condition may ruin a person’s relationship, more so, if both the partners are experiencing poor sex drive. Eventually this affects confidence and self esteem of either partners. A natural option to treat such a condition is Ayurveda. Herbs being organic, treat the root cause of this ailment. These herbs are known to give relief to poor libido among men and/or women. In addition to including these herbs, knowing reasons that can cause, deficient sex drive may also be of great help.
Physical fatigue and stress are major causes of lack of interest in sex. There may be medical or psychological reasons that can cause this condition. Medical conditions affecting sex drive include, hormonal imbalance, conditions affecting reproductive system in women.. Other physical reasons causing this condition include, trauma, injury, accident related trauma, etc. It is common in women, post delivery.
Although it is good to seek medical help, you may want to make few changes in lifestyle and pin point the reasons of poor libido. With help of ayurvedic herbs, you can treat this condition, by attending to factor causing it. Listed below are five effective options that can alleviate your problem to a great extent.
1) Garlic Lets begin with a simple herb that is commonly found, garlic. Garlic is an ayurvedic herb, and is popular for its properties to cure. Recouping after an infection or injury or child birth is easier, when you include garlic in your diet. Besides being curative, it is known for its improved sexual performance in men and women, as it promotes, general well being of sexual organs.
2) Shatavari popularly known as Asparagus Racemosus, helps in alleviating hormonal imbalance in women, more so, after child birth. It is also good remedy to overcome difficulties while conceiving. It is known to improve blood circulation and generation process, besides, overcoming miscarriage conditions in women. It is also effective in treating, certain conditions in men, such as, inflamed sexual organs, spermatorrhea and impotence.
3) Ashwagandha It is commonly called as Indian Ginseng and useful in treating conditions in men. It can mitigate conditions such as, male infertility, impotence, and premature ejaculation. It is an adaptogenic herb that provides good nourishment to your body, thereby making it competent to handle stress and strain. It therefore rejuvenates your sex drive, other than strengthening your respiratory and reproductive systems. When you are not stressed or fatigued, sexual desires, come back to you. To include ashwagandha in your routine, you should take it with, warm milk or ginger or hot water or honey or meals, to digest it easily.
4) Salab Mishri is a terrestrial plant known for promoting sexual endurance, besides improving your overall health. It is popularly useful in men, with conditions affecting sperm quality. It is known to improve blood circulation to penile region and hence augment sperm quality.
5) Shilajit Ayurveda revers this herb to be a divine, youth rejuvenating nectar. It helps maintain your youthful vigor and sexual desire. It is basically an aphrodisiac, that works to ameliorate male sperm count or low sperm count in man. It is effective when, poor libido is a result of hormonal irregularities. To summarize, this herb, improves hormone functioning, libido and sexual performance, and can be called Ayurvedic equivalent to Viagra.
Dietary patterns have undergone significant changes over the last few decades. These included more fatty foods, refined foods, and processed foods findings their way into people’s diet. These changes have further led to a lot of dietary diseases including hypertension, hypercholesterolemia, constipation and obesity.
With these on the rise, there is also awareness of the need to eat a balanced diet for overall well-being. What is important is that it is not just about what is being eaten. Alternative medicine offers a lot of options through which a person can train his mind and body to eat in a balanced manner and avoid diet-induced diseases. Here how to maintain good health:
Yoga: There are specific asanas in yoga which are directed at the digestive system. While some help you control appetite, there are others which can help improving digestion by stimulating digestive juices, improving absorption, and preventing fat accumulation. The breathing control which is brought through yoga is one of the best ways to improve overall health, as each and every cell is stimulated. In addition, overall, yoga is a very good form of exercise and helps in overall improved levels of activity.
Aromatherapy: There are strong indications that smell can help in curbing hunger. So, when a person is hungry, even the smell of food can lead to satiety. This is another way to control hunger. In addition, a lot of aromas are also aimed at improving overall well-being and maintaining health.
Natural medicine: There are various herbs starting from ginger, garlic, cloves, etc. which are all regular ingredients in the kitchen. These have benefits which are time tested and help in controlling various ailments and promote health overall. These should find their way into the diet, which can help in maintaining good health.
Music therapy: Stress is one of the major inducers of all diseases and affects overall health. Music is believed to be one of the most relaxing things and helps in controlling stress. It, therefore, improves overall health and maintains balance. In addition, specific music targets specific body systems, which a music therapist can prescribe.
Massage: Using herbal oils for massage is another way to manage and control overall health. The herbal oils penetrate deep within the skin and the external pressure applied during massage helps in relaxing the muscles and joints. This again should help in improving blood circulation, controlling overall body pains, improve range of motion, and improve overall health.
- Hypnosis: As the adage goes, it is all in the mind. Most health issues, when deciphered, seem to have a strong psychological issue. This is where hypnosis has assumed great importance in improving overall health in the recent past, as emotional health is an equally important component of overall health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
The immune systems in your body are always at work trying to fend of many of the attacks that happen on it every day. Although it is able to protect the body most of the time, sometimes it fails in doing so. While medicines can help to restore the balance, it is advisable to include certain food items in your diet, which boost the immune system naturally. Let's take a look at six vegetables which can help your immune system in getting supercharged:
Ginger - This food item is very good in regulating mobility within the gut and regulating bowel movement and is also known to relieve nausea, cramping and bloating. Ginger is also known to have many anti-inflammatory properties as well as being an antioxidant and antimicrobial. All of this makes ginger very good for the immune system.
Wheatgrass - One of the most densely packed green nutritional food ingredients when consumed in the form of a juice, it helps the liver by increasing its ability to flush out toxins. This results in an improved immune system. Wheatgrass is also rich in B complex vitamins, beta carotene, chlorophyll, magnesium, potassium and many other vital nutrients.
Garlic - This vegetable has been used for centuries in home remedies such as to lower blood pressure, prevent blood clots and many others. Garlic is also known to boost healthy cholesterol. Inclusion of garlic in your diet will not only boost your immune system but it also contains 'allicin', which is known to improve the health of your heart.
Papaya - An extremely good food for digestion as well as digestion problems, the extracted enzyme from this plant known as papain, is used in many medications. Papaya is full of beta-carotene that is very well known to be good for the health of tissue, skin and the eyes as well as boosting the immune system through the production of vitamin A within the body.
Carrots - This is one vegetable which has been encouraged to be included in diets as it contains copious amounts of beta carotene and is extremely good for the eyes as well as boosting the immune system.
Turmeric - Possibly the most talked about ingredient on this list in the last few years, it is known to have almost an unending list of health benefits. Turmeric has detoxifying properties as well as being anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and is great for digestion along with boosting the immune system. It is a rich source of minerals, such as Zinc, Iron, B group vitamins and Manganese, turmeric is also known to have cancer preventive properties.
Spinach - Being high in fiber and loaded with Vitamin C, Folate and other powerful antioxidants it helps building strong immune response and ensure overall wellbeing. A special care is to be taken that it should not be consumed raw, as the level of oxalates is considerably high, which can lead to the partial absorption of the important nutrients.
Yogurt - Yogurt being high in probiotics, which helps food move through the gut. It also helps in improving bone health. It helps in regularising digestion and reduce the symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome(IBS), since it is digested easily by human body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.