Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Hello doc, I had unprotected sex with woman. I am 100% assured that these two women don't have hiv Do I have to fear ?
Methods to treat mosquito bites in monsoon
Water stagnation is caused due to rain and the stagnated water acts as an excellent breeding ground for mosquitoes. Even any pond with still water can produce mosquitoes easily in just 4 days. Mosquito coils and repellents are not that very effective, and they cannot captivate these invaders totally. It is best to make use of home remedies that are helpful as well as harmless than using mosquito repellants that contain chemicals in them.
Effective and simple remedies to treat mosquito bites
The after effects of a mosquito bites are not only annoying, but also very harmful and it is better that mosquito bites are treated by use of home remedies:
1. The most effective anti-itch remedy that can be used to treat a mosquito bite is the use of Ammonia. The acidity or the pH of the skin is changed and ammonia is known to oppose chemical reactions that cause the itching. Dry cotton can be moistened by use of Ammonia and applied to the affected area.
2. The other effective method that can be used to treat a mosquito bite is rubbing alcohol on the affected area. Alcohol cures the itch and is even known to minimize the swelling. Alcohol can be poured directly on the affected area or can be applied with cotton.
3. Hydrogen Peroxide is an excellent antiseptic that is used to prevent any infection caused due to mosquito bites. It is very important that Hydrogen Peroxide is applied in the right way to reduce the swelling and redness. It is an effective remedy that can be used for kids as well.
4. Soap can also be applied on the affected area to provide relief and in case of any irritation, it is better to wash off the area with water immediately.
5. To minimize the discomfort caused due to a mosquito bite, toothpaste can be applied to that area. Toothpaste that contains menthol, peppermint as well as baking soda is good for treating a mosquito bite.
There are many other such products that are readily available at home and that can be used to treat mosquito bites like garlic, table salt, ketchup, garlic and cocktail sauce.
Hi all, Thank you for your valuable time, everttime. One more question. The pill was taken on 29th of march (within 24 hours) and her periods are due for 10th of april she already had some white discharge and abdominal pain initially. So when can we expect the periods and how l9ng is it fine if delayed.
Hi. Last cycle I underwent follicular study .and on my 12th day it was 11 mm. Post wic it dint grow. I used siphene tablets from day two. Could you tell me the reasons for not growing.
My sister is carrying. She is now in 4th month and will be going to deliver twins. We came to know that she is suffering from thyroid. Doctors are saying that it is common that this disease will trigger during pregnancy and will be automatically cured after delivery. Is this correct? Do we need to take extra care? Will this be a problem for babies?
Here are some of the benefits of diet pills which you should know about:
1. Improved metabolism- The most important characteristic of a diet pill is that it helps in increasing the metabolism of the body which in turn results in losing fat rapidly.
2. Lowers the acid-alkali levels- Overweight and obese people are more likely to have unbalanced levels of acid and alkali. Thus, taking diet pills would not only help in reducing weight but also getting rid of the excess acid.
3. Lowers your appetite- Consuming diet pills help in suppressing your hunger. It makes you feel full. Therefore, you can avoid consumption of extra food when you don't need to eat.
4. Breaks down fat- Taking FDA-approved diet pills would help in getting rid of fat in a much easier and faster way. In such a case, you won't require going to the gym anymore.
5. Boosts energy levels-Taking diet pills help in increasing your energy. It makes your everyday tasks and chores much easier and quicker. It reduces depression and increases physical activities, which in turn helps in reducing weight.
6. Improves cardiovascular health- Your cardiovascular health depends on your weight. If you are obese or over-weight, you have high chances of suffering from a heart attack. Therefore, taking diet pills would indirectly improve your cardiovascular health because loss of weight would mean reduced pressure on the heart to pump more blood.
I have gone through c section, every thing was ok before it but unfortunately the baby died after few minutes, he had dark patches on his forehead, eyes and at the back of head and they looked like open wound, the doctors did not tell the reason, we are also confused if every thing was ok before going through c section then why did the baby die. Can I still be able to give birth to a healthy baby as my age is 45. Does age effect the health of the child.
Do sperm pass through clothing to impregnate a girl? Cummed while humping in underwear. Wearing boxer and jeans as well? Is pregnancy possible? Any registered cases of pregnancy where a girl got pregnant from sex with cloths on?
Ihav missed my periods. Last was on 25th of dec. Yet nw I haven't got my period. I checked in preganews bt the result was negative. Wat should I do nw to get my periods early.
I have been trying for a baby from the last 2 months I had a iud which I got removed after a gap of 6 years after my 1st baby I exactly don't who when I ovulate and I lack the pleasure of love making please help I'm 33 years old.
Hi I'm 23 years married, I'm trying to conceive. Doctor prescribed me ovaa shield and conceive tablets. Are they helpful in getting pregnant I have used these tablets this month can you please help me with this query.
There are a number of ways in modern day medical science for helping couples conceive, in case they are not able to do so in a natural way. Apart from IUI, IVF and other forms of artificial insemination, one such way is ovulation induction. In this procedure, the ovaries are stimulated to release an egg which can maximize the chances of natural conception, or even through IUI. This is an effective process that works well, provided there are no other infections and diseases at play. It basically works by stoking the relevant hormones with the help of tablets and injections. Let us find out more about the process.
Varied Tests: Before embarking on the process, the doctor will conduct a number of tests to ensure that you are capable of conceiving by natural means or even with artificial insemination. These tests help in making sure that there are no other ailments in the picture, which may hamper the process of ovulation induction or affect the ovaries in general.
Ovulation Cycle: Thereafter, the doctor will take blood samples in order to study the exact ovulation cycle that the body follows. These blood samples will be studied to measure the level of hormones at different stages so as to find out the most opportune time when the situation may be congenial for the ovulation induction to begin. A transvaginal ultrasound will also be carried out so that the doctor may study the development of follicles within the ovaries. These follicles usually line the ovaries. This ultrasound will also study the thickness and appearance of the womb’s lining.
The Ovulation Induction Cycle: The ovulation induction cycle will begin with tests that will happen starting from day one to day four. Once the tests have ascertained that the body is ready to go through the process with maximum chances of conception, the process will begin on fourth day. On this day, the patient will be given medication like Clomiphene Citrate. This medicine is also usually given to patients who are undergoing IUI or artificial insemination as it is said to increase the likelihood of conception. The Follicle Stimulating Hormone injection will also be given to the patient on the same day.
After the Medication: Once the medication and injections have been administered, the patient will have to go through a test to study the hormone levels in the body. This usually takes place around day 10 or 11. Thereafter, two weeks later, the patient will go through an ultrasound to find out if the ovulation is about to begin.
Time: While this is an effective method, one must remember that the ovulation results may take time for women who do not have normal menstrual cycles.
I am 22 year old female. Had sex with my bf on the 6th day of my period and had ipill immediately.(date-17th jan). Had ipill bleeding till 27th Jan. My periods haven't come yet. Are there chances of me being pregnant. How can I resolve it.
M getting lumps in my mensuration cycle Suffered from dehydration and then fever simultaneously so took antibiotics for 12 days and after stopping antibiotics. Had my mensuration cycle having lumps of dark red color, no pain either for 3-4 days. My cycle came 3-4 days early and m a unmarried girl. Please tell me the reason of this abnormality in my cycle.
Pregnant women who have diabetes before becoming pregnant have special health concerns. In addition to the new demands that pregnancy puts on the body, women with diabetes must also carefully monitor and control their blood sugar levels and manage their diabetes medications.
If you have diabetes and would like to get pregnant, there are steps you can take to lessen the risks to you and your baby.
Diabetes pregnancy preparation
Meeting with your health care provider before becoming pregnant is very important to ensure a healthy pregnancy. Your health care provider can help you determine if your diabetes is controlled well enough for you to stop your birth control method. A blood test called the glycosylated hemoglobin test (hba1c) can help evaluate how well your diabetes has been controlled over the past eight to 12 weeks.
Having other medical tests before you become pregnant can also help your diabetes health care provider monitor your health and prevent the development of diabetic complications during pregnancy. Your health care provider may recommend tests that include:
A urinalysis to screen for diabetic kidneycomplications cholesterol and triglyceride blood tests eye exam to screen for diseases common in diabetics such as glaucoma, cataracts, and retinopathy electrocardiogram blood work for renal and liver function diabetic foot exam
A pre-conception counseling appointment with your health care provider is another important step in preparing for pregnancy. Pre-conception counseling helps educate women so they can be physically and emotionally prepared -- and healthy -- for pregnancy.
Diabetes pregnancy and the importance of blood sugar control
Good blood sugar control is important before becoming pregnant, because many women do not even know they are pregnant until the baby has been growing for two to four weeks. High blood sugar levels early in the pregnancy (before 13 weeks) can cause birth defects. They also can increase the risks of miscarriage and diabetes-related complications.
Good blood sugar control means keeping blood glucose levels within the ideal range (70 to 100 mg/dl before meals, less than 120 mg/dl two hours after eating, and 100-140 mg/dl before the bedtime snack), as well as balancing meals, exercise, and diabetes medications.