Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Management of Fertile Period
Submit a review for Dr. Shilpa G BYour feedback matters!
I am working in Dubai, last month of july I came to india for vacation I don't have family visa so I cannot take my wife to dubai Therefore I and my wife are trying for pregnancy last 3 month, but we are fail and I don't have much time I had to go back to work again but I need child very soon I don't have any problem in sex but my wife has liquid discharge after sex and we consult with doctor but doctor didn't give any medicine for pregnancy Please advice me and suggest me any medicine for pregnancy please help.
My friend is 24 years old, she is having burning sensation after using vaginal hair removal creams (like fem, veet). Is their any safe vaginal hair removal creams for her, if so please prescribe it. Thankyou.
My friend was taking primolut n for 3 days to delay the periods as her marriage was fixed on 25th Feb. And her periods date was 21st Feb. She didn't get the periods on time so to delay the periods she was taking primolut-n dosage from 23-25 Feb twice a day. So taking a dosage of primolut-n will affect d process of ovulation? What are the chances of getting pregnant after 25th? Does she has to take contraceptive pill to avoid pregnancy?
I m 43 year old. My monthly cycle has reoccur after a period of 12 months & is coming for second time in 2 months. Wht shd I do?
Sir. Me and my girlfriend had sex last month. August 10 was her menses date. We semen didn't enter into her vagina, but there may be a chance for rubbing there. She swallowed my semen a lot during sex. Is that the reason for late menses date. Including today ,it became 6th day after date of menses. So did she get pregnant or swallowing semen will delay periods? Help me please.
I am a female of age 16 yrs. I have just noticed that one of my breast is bigger than the other. I don't know from how many days it is. Why this is so? Is this any symptom of ovarian cyst or breast cancer? I am really very worried. Pls tell me.
What is Curd?
Curd is milk that has been acted upon by a particular kind of healthy bacteria. It is probiotic food meaning it improve the balance of healthy in the gut.
What is Yogurt
It is similar to curd but made by a different strain of bacteria some yoghurt have a greater amount of good bacteria than homemade curd.
CURD is rich in the calcium-phosphorus potassium magnesium n sodium rich in vitamin B 12 n folic acid. Curd made from full cream milk is mostly saturated dairy fat n cholesterol.
Opposite hold true friend curd made with low-fat milk. Curd also has a reasonable amount of protein is low in carbohydrate. What Vedic science say about curd :
Curd fulfils the need of taste it improves the appetite of underweight children. Useful in loose motion. In loose motion drink a thin n light lassi . Avoid curd in liver disease in acidity gastritis , avoid in skin infection swelling due to infection or inflammation of any tissue or joint (rheumatoid arthritis)
Curd is good if u have a problem passing urine, prolong stress created intestinal disorder. Good for a man with the infertility problem. Should be avoided at night as it increases Kapha and can lead to respiratory problem cough n congestion
I am 1st month pregnant. Suggests food that help me for good healthy for me & for upcoming my baby. As well as precaution s. For safety.
Hi. My wife is 22nd week pregnant. She has been getting severe back ache since the start of pregnancy and even having low blood pressure. She is suffering a lot. Can you please suggest what to do?
Having ipill most time will it affect me in pregnancy, first of all ill be pregnant? Should I stop taking pill.
My wife aged 50 yrs. Suspected cyst. Scanned. Lab report says right ovary shows cystic lesion and it measures 7.7×5.2 cms and shows marginal calcification. Left ovary appears normal and it measures 3.1×2.3 cms. No adnexal mass seen. No free fluid noted in POD. Liver, gall bladder, both kidneys are normal in size,&texture. Further blood checkup has been done and report is yet to come. What best can be done now. Any suggestion is welcomed. Thanks if answered.
I am 44years old. My periods is normal. Bt since few months it lasts for 4days. Before I had heavy flow. Is it normal?
Hello doctor, I am 19 weeks pregnant this is my first baby, so I just want to know after how many weeks I can feel baby movement and kicks.
Emergency contraception refers to method of contraception that can be used after sexual intercourse
Methods of emergency contraception are
- 1insertion of cu-t within 5 days of sexual contact
- 2 emergency contraceptive pills --tab levonorgesterol (i-pill, unwanted 72) to be taken within 72 hours but are more effective if taken within 24 hours
- Tab ulipristal acetate 30 mg
- 3.3-5 tablets of oral contraceptive pill.
Tab levonorgesterol 1.5 mg single dose is most commonly used emergency contraception. Here we will be discussing emergency contraceptive pill -levonorgesterol (ecp)
Ecp prevents pregnancy by delaying ovulation (egg release). It does not interrupt an existing pregnancy
Ecp should be used in following conditions -
- Unprotected intercourse
- Concerned about regular contraceptive failure. Like condom tears or slips. Missed pill for regular 3 days etc
- Incorrect use of contraceptive
- Sexual assault
Ecp prevents 95% of pregnancy if taken within 72hours of unprotected intercourse
There are no medical contraindication to use of ecp but it should not be used regularly, after the use of ecp a regular contraceptive method should be resumed. Like oral contraceptive pill or iucd or injectable contraceptives
Side effects of ecp use are-
- Nausea, vomiting, breast tenderness, abdominal cramps, headache, dizziness
- Regular intake of ecp may cause menstrual irregularities like---
- Inter menstrual spotting
- Delayed or early periods
- Heavy periods
If periods are delayed after intake of ecp urine pregnancy test should be done
Thus emergency contraceptive pill should not be considered an alternative to regular contraceptive method. Regular contraceptive method should be adopted and ecp should be used only in emergency.
I got pregnant. I can't afford to get pregnant. Doctors say it's 5 weeks. But before three weeks when I got it checked through urine the result was negative. I don't know what to do. Doctors are suggesting abortion pills. But I'm scared of the side effects. I'm also anemic. Please help. July 15th was my last period. July 29th I got it checked and the result came negative. August 20th I got it checked on that home device and I saw two pink lines! Please help me!
I did first time sex and my age is 21 years, before 5 days of my period time I did sex then after 5 days my period come for only 1 day and stop, so I am confused that my pregnancy is start or not? Please give me answer of my question.
After 10 days my marriage so how to I protection at night for sex? Condom is not possible for me because of place any other protection without side effect?
Muscle pain is common to both men and women irrespective of their age. People usually resort to painkillers in order to receive temporary relief, but taking too much of these can affect your health adversely. Ayurveda provides effective ways to heal muscle pain.
The following few ways to treat muscle pain can be taken into notice:
1. Regular exercise- Regular exercise can help you treat muscle pain. Yoga can prove to be very helpful. You may try lotus pose, cobra pose, boat pose among many others to get relief from muscle pain.
2. Panchakarma- Panchakarma is a therapeutic treatment, which can help you heal your muscle pain. It includes five steps vamana, virechana, nasya, basti, raktamokshana, which will clean your body and mind from toxins and can also offer relief from pain.
3. Abhyanga-This process is suggested in ayurveda to offer relief from muscular pain. It involves applying oil all over your body followed by a warm bath.
5. Use of ice cubes- Applying ice cubes over the area of muscle pain can help you get some relief.
6. Foods to avoid- Avoiding food items like curd, sugar, refined cereal, rice, potato and sour food can help you to reduce muscle pain.
7. Ayurvedic Herbs- Ayurveda also offers many herbs, which can help you find relief from your muscle pain.
8. Obesity- Avoid gaining excess weight. Being overweight can increase muscle pain.
By following the aforesaid tips, you can heal your muscle pain naturally without any side effects. Or, you can also consult an Ayurveda practioner.
We are bombarded with advertisements of how 'good mothers' never fail to have their children use antibacterial soap as a habit. But does it really work? There have been several reports of potentially harmful ingredients being used in these antibacterial soaps and yet their sale continues unhindered. Let's dive in to get the dope behind these soaps.
What are antibacterial soaps?
A drug called 'triclosan' was originally used strictly in hospital environments. In the 1990s the commercial manufacture of antibacterial soaps started with this ingredient in its center and fear mongering and advertisements pushed this into a whooping $1 billion industry. There is murky data on the FDA approval on triclosan usage and guidelines which are leaving us only with information the manufacturers propagate about it. But with enough information out there on the internet, should you wait for manufacturers to prove its effectiveness or make a judgment call? Here are a few facts to help:
1. It is as effective as conventional soap: There are countless studies and researches done in the last four decades that proves that antibacterial soaps are not more effective than regular soaps and the added triclosan doesn't proved any special health benefits. These tests measure the amount of bacteria in one's hand before and after usage. But the real question is do antibacterial soaps reduce infection rates and the answer to that question is yet to be proven.
2. It has the potential to create antibiotic-resistant bacteria: The main benefit of using these products is its bacteria resistant formula. With frequent usage, some bacteria gain resistance to the chemicals. Eventually, while the soap kills off regular bacteria, the resistant bacteria can spiral into a local or global threat.
3. It can disrupt endocrine functions: Triclosan closely resembles the thyroid hormone and can bid to its receptor sites. This can lead to many problems like infertility, artificially-advanced early puberty, obesity, and cancer. This problem has been found during animal testing and yet not proven for humans. With so much threat on the loose, would it matter how effective or ineffective the antibacterial soap is against bacteria?
4. It can lead to problems in children: At a growing age, children are developing their immune system and natural resistance to diseases. Prolonged exposure to antibacterial soap can result in reduced exposure to bacteria which prevention the proper development of the child's immune system.
5. It is bad for the environment too: The more triclosan we use, the more gets flushed down the drain. The problem arises because triclosan isn't fully treated at sewage treatment plans and enters water bodies where it disrupts algae's ability to perform photosynthesis. The spin ball effect reaches all sea animals and plants and eventually comes back to attack us in ways we are yet to find out.
The solution to this problem is to use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that is effective on both bacteria and viruses. If you are wondering how you can add bacteria resistance to your family without any added harm, consult a doctor today.