Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ShilpaYour feedback matters!
Also please tell me how to get rid of dandruff.I lost 3/4 of my hair because of this dandruff.Itz a serious issue sir.Plz suggest any remedy.I prefer ayurvedic remedies.
I am 29 years old male yesterday a brick fell on my feet now my nail is getting black and swelling in feet finger I am unable to walk please suggest medicine.
I'm just 23 and I losing my hair I tried many things but single one didn't resolve my problem. You just tell me what I have to to regain my loss hair or how to stop losing hair.
I have blackheads on my face for over two months I have a doubt that it will become permanent mark Is there any natural medication to clear the blackheads. Please do reply.
I'm suffering psoriasis more than ten years . I want to to go to India for treatment. I want to know that weather you have injection about SCAPHO ,I intend to go to India in oct 1, so I want to know the price and what I should prepare .thank you so much.
I am getting lots of pimples on my face and those are painful also. Earlier it was not happening to me. Even I do not touch them they take a lot of time to heal and leave marks on my face, I am getting depressed because of these pimples on my face. Kindly suggest me what to do to avoid pimples and clear its marks as soon as possible.
Hi I am 26 years old, from last 6 months my hair fall increased a lot. Am working in mnc from last 2 years. Can you please help me.
You may lose 50 to 100 strands of hair each day. Yet the thinning of your scalp hair is almost unnoticeable owing to the simultaneous new hair growth filling up the bald spots. But hair loss occurs if this cycle of shedding and growth gets distorted. Stress and an unhealthy lifestyle take a toll on your hair as well.
- The following is a list of the types of hair loss that are caused due to high levels of stress:
- The body secretes hormones such as non-adrenaline or Norepinephrine and cortisol in response to stress. These hormones force a large number of hair follicles into a static phase, hindering new hair growth. As a consequence, simple activities such as combing or rinsing the hair might cause hair fall in large strands which do not get replaced by new hair again. This abnormality is known as ‘Telogen effluvium’.
- Trichotillomania is a condition characterized by one pulling out his/her own strands of hair forcefully; most often triggered by negative thoughts or other psychological disorders such as depression or excessive frustration, boredom, stress or tension.
- Alopecia areata is a condition caused by severe stress wherein the immune system of the body attacks the hair follicles, resulting in hair loss.
- Other lifestyle related factors can also have an adverse impact on the hair growth. Let us see how:
- Excessive hair styling or hair treatments with hot oil actually swell up the hair follicles. Chemical therapies, dyes, flat irons, blow dryers or bad brushes as well as a range of hair dressing techniques such as hair extension, application of coloring agents, gels and hair sprays further affect the individual strands of hair.
- A junk food diet rich in salt, sugar and saturated fats but less in essential nutrient content can tremendously affect your hair.
- Smoking inhibits blood flow to the hair follicles and interrupts the process of hair growth and hair fall.
- Environmental factors such as pollution from:
- Car exhaust fumes disrupt the keratin (protein formation) in the hair structure, making it fragile.
- Cigarette smoke contains carcinogens that weaken one’s hair follicles.
- Dust particles trigger allergies giving way to inflammation or scalp infections.
- Over exposure to the sun causes brittle, dry and lifeless hair, mainly characterized by split ends.